SNF: Cowboys at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am OK with all of it . Goff looked very poised. O started this year with what I was hoping we would do last year which is get the ball out. D got better and hopefully will continue to do so. We controlled the clock and beat a talented team. I am in

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Also, them running over Hekker should've been called.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That OPI at real speed was clear af. Ramsey didn’t have to sell shit. Watch that play at game speed again. Clear opi.
Yeah i give props to Dak for a great throw but Gallup(?) clearly gave himself some extra elbow room with the arm extension.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Blatant facemask on Polite
Saw that too initially. The replay wasn't as clear to me but whatever.

OT: I feel like after watching a lot of football today, penalties in general were down. If i'm right i have a solid gold theory as to why.

More later....stay tuned.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Saw that too initially. The replay wasn't as clear to me but whatever.

OT: I feel like after watching a lot of football today, penalties in general were down. If i'm right i have a solid gold theory as to why.

More later....stay tuned.
I was saying the same thing today.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Media whining has begun already. No mention of the blown officiating that hurt us.

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 11.39.19 PM.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Quick postgame and beer-ed up and smoked-out take:

* Felt like a playoff game. It was a tight, well-played game by both teams, much higher level of competition than I expected.

* McVay seemed to almost overdo the physicality. Can't believe I'm saying that and I'll probably never say that again but yeah. And by that I mean he established the run game but then the usual McVay counterpunch down the field was completely missing. Can't wait to look at the film this week that's for sure.

* The OL was quite good in the run game tonight. And by extension of that I liked the way the backs settled in to their roles. Brown did a great job in that power role and it was something we did not have last season (an effective power run). Akers is fun to watch too, keep him going like that and he'll start popping long ones.

* There were a lot of missed penalties on Dallas' OL. I just think this deserves its own mention.

* I fucking hate that our offense couldn't drive down the field there at the end and stuff that blessed pigskin up Jones wrinkled ass.

* I like this defense. They're smart, change it up, and ball carriers are taken down quickly. Staley is fucking gone as a head coach if these guys keep improving week to week. He did a fantastic job for his first game, calling it hot in that final possession in particular. This guy. Yeah this guy. :beer2::cool:

* Rooks came to play. They fucking did man. Off to a great start.

* Sloman's field goals vs GZ's mister toad wild ride kicks, what a difference. Nice to see him overcome that start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick postgame and beer-ed up and smoked-out take:

* Felt like a playoff game. It was a tight, well-played game by both teams, much higher level of competition than I expected.

* McVay seemed to almost overdo the physicality. Can't believe I'm saying that and I'll probably never say that again but yeah. And by that I mean he established the run game but then the usual McVay counterpunch down the field was completely missing. Can't wait to look at the film this week that's for sure.

* The OL was quite good in the run game tonight. And by extension of that I liked the way the backs settled in to their roles. Brown did a great job in that power role and it was something we did not have last season (an effective power run). Akers is fun to watch too, keep him going like that and he'll start popping long ones.

* There were a lot of missed penalties on Dallas' OL. I just think this deserves its own mention.

* I fucking hate that our offense couldn't drive down the field there at the end and stuff that blessed pigskin up Jones wrinkled ass.

* I like this defense. They're smart, change it up, and ball carriers are taken down quickly. Staley is fucking gone as a head coach if these guys keep improving week to week. He did a fantastic job for his first game, calling it hot in that final possession in particular. This guy. Yeah this guy. :beer2::cool:

* Rooks came to play. They fucking did man. Off to a great start.

* Sloman's field goals vs GZ's mister toad wild ride kicks, what a difference. Nice to see him overcome that start.

I gotta say that I think the Cowboys are the more talented team on paper. But we were the better team on the field today. The game shouldn't have been that close. Glad we pulled it out.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
What a pulse pounding game. Real time that OPI was clear but Ramsey did a great job selling it, which he should have. So many missed holding calls on Dallas uncalled and that completely obvious illegal hands to the face on Goffs int. The least we can get is ONE call. Loved Malcom Brown today, played with heart. Wish Jefferson would have come down with that catch

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I gotta say that I think the Cowboys are the more talented team on paper. But we were the better team on the field today. The game shouldn't have been that close. Glad we pulled it out.
I think both teams have a lot of upside. Rams' offense isn't yet what it's going to be when the kids fully get acclimated. And some of our problems today were also due to a very good Cowboys' offense making some plays, keeping them to 17 was quite an accomplishment for a new system install. (y)

oldnotdead

Legend
Sloman is always trying to power the ball instead of just kicking it. That's one of the reasons his technique and kicks are inconsistent. When he does that his kicks are low. You better believe that all the ST coaches are noting that and will begin to stack their right side and if they do and Sloman doesn't correct himself and get those kicks up some are going to be blocked. All of his kicks were like he was trying to consciously aim the kicks. It's like when a golfer does that, his technique gets sloppy, and when they overpower the swing the ball's trajectory is low. This kid needs a couple of months at an academy like the one run by John Carney. Right now his range is under 40 yds, which is college distances and won't do. Right now the Rams have to get inside the 30 to kick a FG. The question is why this kid? The Rams are lucky in that his kick didn't cost a game. If Zuerlein had not missed his 50+ yard attempt it very well could have.

I'd rather see Hekker PK right now to be honest. Just remember Greg missed a couple of 40 yarders and he got fired. But this kid gets a pass? Why?