SNF: Cowboys at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sloman is always trying to power the ball instead of just kicking it. That's one of the reasons his technique and kicks are inconsistent. When he does that his kicks are low. You better believe that all the ST coaches are noting that and will begin to stack their right side and if they do and Sloman doesn't correct himself and get those kicks up some are going to be blocked. All of his kicks were like he was trying to consciously aim the kicks. It's like when a golfer does that, his technique gets sloppy, and when they overpower the swing the ball's trajectory is low. This kid needs a couple of months at an academy like the one run by John Carney. Right now his range is under 40 yds, which is college distances and won't do. Right now the Rams have to get inside the 30 to kick a FG. The question is why this kid? The Rams are lucky in that his kick didn't cost a game. If Zuerlein had not missed his 50+ yard attempt it very well could have.

I'd rather see Hekker PK right now to be honest. Just remember Greg missed a couple of 40 yarders and he got fired. But this kid gets a pass? Why?

Nobody fired Greg. His contract expired. He's had back issues and is reaching an age where we were going to have to replace him sooner than later. Sloman rebounded from his bad start. If he doesn't show more consistency in the coming weeks, we'll replace him. Just enjoy the win.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

10 pressures for AD tonight, good for the league lead. Great sign man think he could be in for his best season yet.

And Goff 4.9 yards per attempt damn. That's not a good sign.

TexasRam

Legend

10 pressures for AD tonight, good for the league lead. Great sign man think he could be in for his best season yet.

"Goff did throw an interception — which was sill an ill-advised throw"

That is the type of bullshit that makes PFF worthless to me. If they are not going to call strikes and balls then screw them. Goff was hit in the face as he threw the ball and this affected the throw as we can clearly see the wobbling ball in the air.

The sad thing about this is this same fake narrative will carry on through the media all week and write a fake story that will continue all year.

The writeup should say Goff was ice all night leading the offense to 422 total yards, several key conversions on third down for a 9 of 11 conversion rate and only being stopped by his own WR's dropping key passes 3 times.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Goff did throw an interception — which was sill an ill-advised throw"

That is the type of bullshit that makes PFF worthless to me. If they are not going to call strikes and balls then screw them. Goff was hit in the face as he threw the ball and this affected the throw as we can clearly see the wobbling ball in the air.

The sad thing about this is this same fake narrative will carry on through the media all week and write a fake story that will continue all year.

The writeup should say Goff was ice all night leading the offense to 422 total yards, several key conversions on third down for a 9 of 11 conversion rate and only being stopped by his own WR's dropping key passes 3 times.
I don't love them either. I think some of their shit is insane at times in fact but I do like some of the stats they use. Pressures for example are way more useful and you don't get those with other media sites.

Most articles written online will go on about dumb shit. So it's all shit really but at least they try to draw conclusions with stats.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I wouldn't worry about the 4.9 average. Most of that was game planned. McVay knew Dallas is built to pressure the QB and he knows his OL. McVay played it close to the vest tonight. It'll open up gradually would be my guess.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The first over the shoulder catch from Jefferson confused me because he wears#12, and that type of catch is what cooks always did...for a moment I thought we had retained Cooks...Lol...good game, and I will take my crow medium rare for predicting the boys would win.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Besides the blown call millions of people saw, i saw some relentless holding by the Cowboys in the 4th qtr.

it was maddening.

smith had his arm around ebukam's neck for 10 yards as he tried to make his way to dak. we're blowing up at the tv. then we have to listen to worthless saying once smith gets those big hands on you you're not going anywhere. he had his arm around his neck you worthless fuck.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

TexasRam

Legend
I don't love them either. I think some of their shit is insane at times in fact but I do like some of the stats they use. Pressures for example are way more useful and you don't get those with other media sites.

Most articles written online will go on about dumb shit. So it's all shit really but at least they try to draw conclusions with stats.
I hear you Merlin, it just frustrates me because while they spend time compiling real stats (Which is appreciated) they generalize without accurate information and its normally along the lines of the continual Goff sucks narrative. Either be an accurate source or don't.

Big difference between what actually happened and the final stat line as well. Because Goff finished with 0 TD and 1 Int the general assumption could be made that Goff was "off". Actually watching the game shows a dominating effort on his part that was only slowed down by dropped passes, a missed personal foul, a missed FG and a passive play calling mindset. This was an easy 30+ point offensive day if not for a few things out of Goff's control. Even some Cowboys fans coworkers were talking about how crisp and good Goff was playing, but they only draw that conclusion because they actually watched the game and were experiencing Goff driving down the field at will. Oh well, it is what it is.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

That was the scheme. No time for that DL to get home. McVay genius. He schemed the O to run, play action and bootleg so as to keep those guys from pinning their ears back.

That DL of Dallas is gonna have some big days, but what does our offense say to the God of Sacks?

Not today.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
now this is a tweet from jourdan i don't like. i hope she doesn't become more like all the other idiots on twitter that are more interested in making a snarky comment than sharing information. what are they gonna tell their families? really? they're gonna say they had to try to block possibly the best rushing dt in the history of the game and it wasn't an easy task.

Huh? I thought that was hysterical...

Q729

Legend
now this is a tweet from jourdan i don't like. i hope she doesn't become more like all the other idiots on twitter that are more interested in making a snarky comment than sharing information. what are they gonna tell their families? really? they're gonna say they had to try to block possibly the best rushing dt in the history of the game and it wasn't an easy task.

Huh? I thought that was hysterical...
Yeah, when I read that tweet I figured she was just saying what do you tell your family after you were humiliated by the best rushing DT in the history of the game. Sounds good to me!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The head of officiating was saying today that they would call that OPI every time and that it was the right call. While I doubt they call it "every time", it was the right call. Not blatant but the right call none the less.