GAME DAY SNF - 49’ers at Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
That was so Jimmy G of him! Whiner fans had a flashback to the game ending interception he threw in the NFC Championship Game when that happened.
I don’t hate Jimmy G-string especially since all the media knob schlobbing seems to have tempered but I hate HATE HATE!!! Anything to do with the 69ers. I need to see the Rams kick their ass while they are in disarray next week. Go Rams!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JG started the game going 10/14 132 yards and 1 TD
Then proceeded to go 8/15 79 yards 1 INT the rest of the way

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Morris had the right game plan for the Cards,
It just seems like it is the same game plan as the one for the Bills and the Falcons. One game plan fits all. I need to see some overload one side with a 5th rusher. I need to see some man to man mixed with other coverages. I am not happy with prevent defense all the time. Obviously I am not privy to all the little nuances in what looks like prevent and I am exaggerating to some degree, but it all looks the same with the same result. This worked pretty good, because all their best receivers were out and midget is to stupid to study.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It shouldn’t be a secret but Morris seems to play everyone scared. Playing that way versus the Niners is a mistake.
I absolutely HATE that we have fans on here that suggest that our defensive coordinator is, "scared."

If you don't recognize, after last season, that he is developing a defense and protecting his very young and very inexperienced corners.. while forcing the offense to settle for underneath stuff, I don't know what to say anymore.

The Rams bet that they won't give up enough FGs to lose a game. They play soft in parts of the field.. but when the field becomes compressed by the end zone.. they have less space to cover and a QB has fewer options. And that concept absolutely worked this week.

It wasn't playing scared, it was playing smart.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
It just seems like it is the same game plan as the one for the Bills and the Falcons. One game plan fits all. I need to see some overload one side with a 5th rusher. I need to see some man to man mixed with other coverages. I am not happy with prevent defense all the time. Obviously I am not privy to all the little nuances in what looks like prevent and I am exaggerating to some degree, but it all looks the same with the same result. This worked pretty good, because all their best receivers were out and midget is to stupid to study.
Would be a mistake to have the same game plan against Jimmy G.
Let's see.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Would be a mistake to have the same game plan against Jimmy G.
Let's see.
It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Rams came up with a fantastic plan for stopping the SF run game in the Championship last year.. and on passing downs could win with 4 rushing because they had Von.

It will be a much different task this year. They have very, very young corners.. and don't have Von. But they do have Wagner and a healthy Ernest Jones.
I would expect more than a few A-gap blitzes.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Rams came up with a fantastic plan for stopping the SF run game in the Championship last year.. and on passing downs could win with 4 rushing because they had Von.

It will be a much different task this year. They have very, very young corners.. and don't have Von. But they do have Wagner and a healthy Ernest Jones.
I would expect more than a few A-gap blitzes.
It will be interesting.
Rams often gave 10 yards at los on Sunday. Dared the Cards to take what they gave. Cards for much of he game did that, so had long drives, but could not punch it home.
To win in dink and dunk, you have to be super efficient. This is where Jimmy G and a strong running game are best.

Rams will pressure the QB much more next week. Interior DL including AD will have less gap assignment and allowed to rush with strong LBs behind him/them, or A-gap blitzes.
With the inexperience of Rams DBs, I think that 10 yard cushions may be reduced to 7 yard cushions, but they will still be there

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
That was so Jimmy G of him! Whiner fans had a flashback to the game ending interception he threw in the NFC Championship Game when that happened.

And again a mistake favored Jimmy gag. If he didn't step out of the end zone, the broncos had a pick six.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I absolutely HATE that we have fans on here that suggest that our defensive coordinator is, "scared."

If you don't recognize, after last season, that he is developing a defense and protecting his very young and very inexperienced corners.. while forcing the offense to settle for underneath stuff, I don't know what to say anymore.

The Rams bet that they won't give up enough FGs to lose a game. They play soft in parts of the field.. but when the field becomes compressed by the end zone.. they have less space to cover and a QB has fewer options. And that concept absolutely worked this week.

It wasn't playing scared, it was playing smart.

It was obvious on the last zona drive when Kendrick was so far off the receiver, he couldn’t bite on a double move, only take a step forward and recover. He ended up closing on the ball when it was thrown to make an instant tackle. That drive took a lotta plays and time—exactly what it was supposed to do.

*when murray scrambled and slid for a 1rst down, he ended up costing a significant amount of time. He could have ran 2 more lateral yards and stepped out.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
And Bills lose too with that funny coaching booth meltdown. I love when Rams win and whiners and cheatriots both lose.

Bills QB is starting to look like a mouthy punk. He’s pretty tough ripping off a guy’s helmet in the pile and talking trash (surrounded by OL). Wonder how that would have worked out before we started treating QBs like prom queens.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Bills QB is starting to look like a mouthy punk. He’s pretty tough ripping off a guy’s helmet in the pile and talking trash (surrounded by OL). Wonder how that would have worked out before we started treating QBs like prom queens.
Probably pretty good. He’s bigger than a lot of the Dlineman were, back in the day when you could hit QBs more.
The Bills can’t run the ball. That’s not on him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It will be interesting.
Rams often gave 10 yards at los on Sunday. Dared the Cards to take what they gave. Cards for much of he game did that, so had long drives, but could not punch it home.
To win in dink and dunk, you have to be super efficient. This is where Jimmy G and a strong running game are best.

Rams will pressure the QB much more next week. Interior DL including AD will have less gap assignment and allowed to rush with strong LBs behind him/them, or A-gap blitzes.
With the inexperience of Rams DBs, I think that 10 yard cushions may be reduced to 7 yard cushions, but they will still be there
Great stuff.

I do expect more aggressive pass rushing and Interior blitzes… we’ll see, though.. maybe with Williams out, the Rams will get pressure with 4.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
And they dropped a shitload of passes.
They don't, maybe the 10 yard off coverage plan doesn't look so good.
But yes, the corners were very raw, have to play it safe. How about next week then?
They did contain Murray very well but that was Edge play mostly.

BC

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
And again a mistake favored Jimmy gag. If he didn't step out of the end zone, the broncos had a pick six.

Nah, Jimmy thought "Shit! I stepped out of bounds! Maybe I'll throw a pick six and after they realize its only two points instead of 7 they won't be so mad".

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
And they dropped a shitload of passes.
They don't, maybe the 10 yard off coverage plan doesn't look so good.
But yes, the corners were very raw, have to play it safe. How about next week then?
They did contain Murray very well but that was Edge play mostly.

BC
I'd have at least liked one of the more physically dominate corners in Ramsey to play some bump man against the smaller Brown rather then let him get 15 catches and rarely get covered by our best man.