Snead: Wide Receiver class has caught Rams interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.insidesocal.com/nfl/2016/02/26/rams-snead-wide-receiver-class-has-caught-rams-interest/

Yb6w1zl.jpg

Aside from quarterback, the most pressing Rams need offensively is a No. 1 wide receiver. And really, based on the overall play of the wide receivers last year, the Rams are probably in the market for a couple of new additions.

The good news is, the 2016 draft class could yield a handful of intriguing players at wide receiver. Armed with the 15th pick overall and picks 43 and 45 in the second round, the Rams are well positioned to upgrade the position.

“I don’t want to give too many cards away, but we do like some wide receivers in this draft,” said Rams general manager Les Snead.

If the Rams invested their first pick in a wide receiver, the logical names in consideration are Corey Coleman, of Baylor, Laquon Treadwell of Ole Miss andJosh Doctson of TCU.

In the second round, Will Fuller of Notre Dame, Michael Thomas of Ohio State and Tyler Boyd from Pittsburgh could be available when the Rams select 43rd and 45th.

Snead believes improvement at wide receiver is twofold: It’s about current players on the roster getting better and looking to the draft for help.

“Here’s what I would say about an upgrade,” Snead said. “I do think that last year, we dropped too many balls at times. I think whether it’s those guys that we have in-house -because they can do it – continue to get more consistent, or in this draft. In all drafts, there are good football players, and I think you’re always going to look to, if you can add, especially a good offensive skill player, you’re going to do it. Because scoring points does help you win.”

jap

Legend
We can always use good blocking TE's too to help out our Thunder & Lightning dynamic duo. However, it would be nice to acquire one who can actually make clutch catches as well.

There is still the remote possibility of a trade for a proven vet, although that may be rapidly diminishing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sure would be nice to see them pull a couple WRs from this draft PLUS the TE Henry. I don't know who the QB would be, but maaaaan he'd be set up for success.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Sure would be nice to see them pull a couple WRs from this draft PLUS the TE Henry. I don't know who the QB would be, but maaaaan he'd be set up for success.
I just want some guys that can run good routes, get open and catch footballs. I don't care if they're wrs, rbs, tes or eligible olinemen. I'm not as big on getting a te as many others. I'm fine rolling with LK.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This team passed on Marvin Harrison for Eddie fucking Kinnison. This team passed on Desean Jackson for Donnie fucking Avery. This team passed on Alshon Jeffery for Brian fucking Quick. This team really needs to stop being fucking cute with their WR picks.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I have a gut feeling that if the Rams miss out on one of the "big 3" QBs, we end up with Treadwell, and then wayyyyyy later in the draft (rd 4-7), we take a chance on Duke Williams.

Can you imagine if Fisher can keep him out of trouble like he did with Jenkins, and Johnson?

We are set up to have a great runningback, (possibly) two damn good receivers, and a studly defense. This team will put up points.

1. Treadwell
2a. Hunter Henry
2b. Connor Cook?
3. Carl Nassib
4. Duke Williams

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I have a gut feeling that if the Rams miss out on one of the "big 3" QBs, we end up with Treadwell, and then wayyyyyy later in the draft (rd 4-7), we take a chance on Duke Williams.

Can you imagine if Fisher can keep him out of trouble like he did with Jenkins, and Johnson?

We are set up to have a great runningback, (possibly) two damn good receivers, and a studly defense. This team will put up points.

1. Treadwell
2a. Hunter Henry
2b. Connor Cook?
3. Carl Nassib
4. Duke Williams

I would take this and trade for Mike Glennon to play QB.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well the Rams have to come out of this offseason with either a franchise QB
or
A fully upgraded set of offensive weapons and a stop-gap QB

Getting all that would be a stroke of genius but unlikely.