Snead on the Pro Day Circuit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Music to my ears

View: https://twitter.com/jdemling/status/714937413219532801

View: https://twitter.com/RosterWatch/status/715693724353712128

Getting a real close look at Doctson

View: https://twitter.com/SiriusXMFantasy/status/715962116113608704

Overall theme of Sneads Pro day tour. Weapons.

If the Rams can pull off a Doctson/Treadwell Higbee coup with a QB oh boy

I have no stats on Higbee, but he sounds pretty good. But I really would like to see the Rams go after Doctson!! He had a "Killer combine and has the Highest SPARQ score of any WR! 133.9!!!! We can work with this kid!! "A 41.o Vert."

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Something tells me the Rams will try to go Lynch at 15, but if he doesn't fall, they Rams are perfectly prepared to take Doctson at 15.

I know a bunch of us want the Rams to trade up, but I got this gut feeling that the Rams just...won't.

There's pre-draft BS and there's stuff that they BELIEVE and I believe that they BELIEVE that 17 point...stuff.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they went 15) Doctson, 43) Tyler Higbee, 45) BPA because by 45 there's gonna be a couple of real surprise guys that have fallen that are super values.

I still think Wentz is worth it, but they don't so I'm getting ready for it.

I think I may need to buy some Apple Fritters (my sad comfort food) the night before the draft. I'll be super excited if we get Doctson, don't get me wrong...and I'll eventually go back to hoping Mannion is the guy which, frankly, I've never really stopped hoping.

I just think Wentz really is on the level of Luck and to pass that up would be tough...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Something tells me the Rams will try to go Lynch at 15, but if he doesn't fall, they Rams are perfectly prepared to take Doctson at 15.

I know a bunch of us want the Rams to trade up, but I got this gut feeling that the Rams just...won't.

There's pre-draft BS and there's stuff that they BELIEVE and I believe that they BELIEVE that 17 point...stuff.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they went 15) Doctson, 43) Tyler Higbee, 45) BPA because by 45 there's gonna be a couple of real surprise guys that have fallen that are super values.

I think I may need to buy some Apple Fritters (my sad comfort food) the night before the draft. I'll be super excited if we get Doctson, don't get me wrong...and I'll eventually go back to hoping Mannion is the guy which, frankly, I've never really stopped hoping.

I just think Wentz really is on the level of Luck and to pass that up would be tough...

I still hope for the trade up but yeah... I'm of the opinion they'll sit at 15 too Mack, and that the target is Lynch > WR there. Not sure whether they prefer Doctson, gotta think they do but either way he's in the mix with Treadwell if Lynch is gone. Pretty sure one of Lynch > Doctson > Treadwell will be there at 15 and the Rams pick will be one of them.

If it's WR or anything else other than QB in round 1, though, I gotta think they reach for a guy they like no later than round 3, depending on who it is. So somewhere round 2-3 then QB will be taken and it will be about getting the QB they like and eating a bit of value in order to do so.

Hopefully they can find a big TE with good hands. That might help this offense more than any single other pick tbh.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I think that is what happens also. Doctson has been my favorite
WR all along and I don't think 15 is too high for him. Wouldn't it be great if Lynch really does fall like a few predict, due to his learning curve and the Rams get Doctson and an extra pick in a small trade down a few spots and move back into round 1 and land Lynch in the twenties. One can dream.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think you are spot on, outside of Luck and Wentz being on the same level. The rams had the most success in the draft staying put and going BPA and there's a good chance that aligns with our need at WR 15.

I have a sinking feeling the Rams like Connor Cook and will try to trade up for him in the late first or early second. Rams seem to prefer QBs coming out of a pro style offenses. Additionally after the 2012 Brian Quick draft with high upside guys that missed more than they hit the rams put a premium on college playing experience on day 2 of the draft like, Havenstein, Joyner, Brown, Mannion, TJ, and Sted.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Heard another mock today of Goff landing right in the Rams lap, and it sounded feasible

*IF*

Nobody trades up into 14 and above.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Heard another mock today of Goff landing right in the Rams lap, and it sounded feasible

*IF*

Nobody trades up into 14 and above.

I've seen a few of these too. But the only way I see Goff falling in our lap is if every GM is doing this..
images

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't know, man. Lotta good players in this draft who fit other teams very nicely.
I still think the 49ers are our main threat to steal him away from us.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, if Kaep does work out a deal with Denver, which it seems likely he will, then I can't see Goff making it past #7, however that plays out, whether it be to the 9ers or to a team trading ahead of them.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't know, man. Lotta good players in this draft who fit other teams very nicely.
I still think the 49ers are our main threat to steal him away from us.

I agree with this. I hope those jack holes don't take either. The anticipation is killing me. Wish the draft was here.
I'm still not sure how Dallas and San Diego don't take a QB though. I don't know what else they have on the roster and Romo and Rivers are getting up in age.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Think about this, y'all.

Do we really want to face Goff as a Niner QB twice a year for the next 15 damned years?

Arrrrrgh!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think about this, y'all.

Do we really want to face Goff as a Niner QB twice a year for the next 15 damned years?

Arrrrrgh!
Yeah it would really suck to go from being a big fan, hoping he wears horns to hoping he dies a horrific death every Sunday.