Snead Addiction?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
View attachment 25133

So I just saw this posted on the ESPN website...do we think Snead has an addiction to trading??? It took this graphic to really hit home.
I like how the single pick that was ours originally, still says "from LA" (leaving out the R on purpose) because we had to trade back into our own pick.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
As long as he continues to hit on most of his picks its not a problem.

Snead seems to have a knack for knowing where a target will fall to and isn't afraid to trade back a few spots to get another pick in a later rd.

dang

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Snead seems to have a knack for knowing where a target will fall to and isn't afraid to trade back a few spots to get another pick in a later rd.
Since when is an addiction a problem :puke:

Ram65

Legend
IIRC Snead said position coaches wanted more picks late in the draft and he made another trade.

Getting Kiser amd Obo seem like targeted picks that the Rams did not have going into the draft. It's much more planning than just making trade downs Hopefully, it works out and Rams get some contributors and even starters late in the draft.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Every NFL GM should be more aggressive, trades keep the fan bases intrigued throughout the off season.

Big time trades have made the NBA alot more popular and fans love it !

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And here I thought this thread was going to be about hair gel.

dang

Legend
Every NFL GM should be more aggressive, trades keep the fan bases intrigued throughout the off season.

Big time trades have made the NBA alot more popular and fans love it !
I agree while making it hard to follow online it made for an intriguing draft. In general I like trade downs for more draft picks vs trade ups giving up draft picks. But it’s also fun to have a gold nugget that falls into your lap (eg A Donald).

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
View attachment 25133

So I just saw this posted on the ESPN website...do we think Snead has an addiction to trading??? It took this graphic to really hit home.
:thinking:Is it an addiction, or an obsession!?(y):LOL::D What ever it may be called. I like what he does in a Draft!!:yess:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I sure like a this draft better than last years....and last years draft didn't turn out bad...just my initial impression....wanted JuJu....wanted a better TE in the 4th....and didn't think John Johnson was necessary...or could play.

dang

Legend
J Noteboom looks like a smart pick: Versatile, intelligent, healthy, skilled, etc. While B Allen and J Franklin-Myers may also turn out to be good picks that grow into starter next year - I cant help but wonder how much later in the draft we could have picked up these 2 and used the R4.111 and R4.135 picks on contributors this year like D Hand, J Sweat, D Armstrong, M Hurst or S Griffin. Am I being short-sighted or greedy?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant help but wonder how much later in the draft we could have picked up these 2 and used the R4.111 and R4.135 picks on contributors this year like D Hand, J Sweat, D Armstrong, M Hurst or S Griffin. Am I being short-sighted or greedy?

While it's impossible to know for certain, I figure that NFL teams have a much better idea of which prospects are being considered by other teams than fans do. Scouts know who the other scouts in attendance at events are, who they work for, and how high up they are. They see if the higher ups attend pro days, and who they are paying attention to. While I'm sure there are surprise interests on the day of the draft, I suspect they are fairly rare. In the end, it's better to take the guys you value the most, and not try to game the system too much.