Snaps vs CLE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Offense
Screenshot_20231204_040217_Drive.jpg

Defense
20231204_040439.jpg

ST
Screenshot_20231204_040224_Drive.jpg

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
-For the second week in a a row Robinson has played more than Tutu. I wonder if Robinson allows them more versatility?
-Looks like the defense matched the Browns and went heavy . Saw 6-1 front a few times.
-Wonder why are they rotating Reeder and Rozeboom? Anyone see if all 3 were on at the same time?
-Curious to see the DB rotation once Lake retuns.
-Could use more depth at edge.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
-For the second week in a a row Robinson has played more than Tutu. I wonder if Robinson allows them more versatility?
-Looks like the defense matched the Browns and went heavy . Saw 6-1 front a few times.
-Wonder why are they rotating Reeder and Rozeboom? Anyone see if all 3 were on at the same time?
I wonder why we are seeing more of Reeder too. Maybe it’s because he knows the defensive scheme better than Rozeboom. He played it with two teams. I just figured it was due to Quentin Lake being injured.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I wonder why we are seeing more of Reeder too. Maybe it’s because he knows the defensive scheme better than Rozeboom. He played it with two teams. I just figured it was due to Quentin Lake being injured.
Maybe just scheme stuff & Boom health? Reeder would seem better fit against power running teams. Maybe?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know Atwell is fast and has good hands, but Robinson has been getting a lot of praise from the work he puts in at practice. Maybe the coaches figured it’s time to give him a chance to prove himself in this offense, on the field.

Tutu is the third receiver, so it makes sense for him to be sharing reps with Demarcus, instead of Demarcus taking Kupp or Nacua off the field.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'll have to rewatch to see how/when they're rotated. Just thought it was interesting that a limited position is being shared. I think Reeder is fine as a LB2.

I know Atwell is fast and has good hands, but Robinson has been getting a lot of praise from the work he puts in at practice. Maybe the coaches figured it’s time to give him a chance to prove himself in this offense, on the field.

Tutu is the third receiver, so it makes sense for him to be sharing reps with Demarcus, instead of Demarcus taking Kupp or Nacua off the field.
I think Robinson has played well. I like what Tutu has done this year, but I do think his catch radius is too small to be a complete receiver.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Feels like Robinson won a greater role last game. Offense is better with him in there as opposed to Tutu, Skow etc. Rams knew they were in a dogfight and he delivered.

dang

Legend
Maybe just scheme stuff & Boom health? Reeder would seem better fit against power running teams. Maybe?
I’m still recovering from PTSD from Reeders last Rams deployment. Looks like he will have a chance to prove me wrong (adding to my long list of being wrong).

WestCoastRam

Legend
I just think Robinson offers more overall functionality at the X position than Atwell. Think Atwell is getting some looks at F and X these days. Kupp I think is playing a little less F, allowing for Puka and Tutu to line up there at times.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah, I'd put him as my biggest disappointment so far this year based on my expectations for him going into it.
He's been up and down I think, and injured as well. Still the same guy though, who is a liability in his tackling. He has the coverage skills you want outside the hash but you gotta be able to tackle out there in today's league or teams will eat you up underneath.

Kendrick can get BBQd with the slightest misstep but when he positions correctly he gets the job done. And he can tackle. Had a fine stop outside the hash yesterday. Spoon same deal. Liability at times in coverage but he can hold it down underneath and make stops.

This is one of the reasons I like that Chicago FA corner so much. He's tough and can also give you good coverage out there. I don't want to bag on our boys because they've played hard and done a good job as a group this year in the pass game, but corner is a spot we can upgrade.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I think he's splitting time with Rozeboom in the 3-4 base. Rams used it more than usual and used it 15 times and 13 with Reeder
but in nickel, the 4-2, Rosenboom got all 10 snaps.

I think you have it ... Reeder the better run defender. Rams only use base defense vs 12 (or 21) personnel. Cleveland likes to use 2 TEs

So we had 20 snaps of base, 15 were 3-4 and 4 were 6-1 (Tape front). There were 3 other 3-4 snaps that could be counted as a 5-1 .. it was a 3-4 alignment with Yeast as an ILBer ot Johnson.

There were 24 snaps of the Penny (5-1) and some of them the star (Yeast) was in the box.

8 snaps of dime (4-1 6 times) the other 2 were 5-0-5.

So, counting the Tape front Rams in base around 30-35% of time. That's high. Usually around 20%

As of last few weeks... Reeder = run 3-4, Rozeboom = pass

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think he's splitting time with Rozeboom in the 3-4 base. Rams used it more than usual and used it 15 times and 13 with Reeder

I think you have it ... Reeder the better run defender. Rams only use base defense vs 12 (or 21) personnel. Cleveland like to use 2 TEs

So we had 20 snaps of base, 15 were 3-4 and 4 were 6-1 (Tape front). There were 3 other 3-4 snaps that could be counted as a 5-1 .. it was a 3-4 alignment with Yeast as an ILBer ot Johnson.

There were 24 snaps of the Penny (5-1) and some of them the star (Yeast) was in the box.

So, counting the Tap front Rams in base around 45% of time. Unusually high. As of last few weeks... Reeder = run 3-4, Rozeboom = pass
Very much appreciate the detail!!!

WestCoastRam

Legend

I think you have it ... Reeder the better run defender. Rams only use base defense vs 12 (or 21) personnel. Cleveland likes to use 2 TEs

So, counting the Tape front Rams in base around 30-35% of time. That's high. Usually around 20%

As of last few weeks... Reeder = run 3-4, Rozeboom = pass

Reeder and Johnson taking on more snaps makes me think about something Jourdan reported, so much of this year was figuring out what they had at various positions. Perhaps they've seen enough of the growth potential in Rozeboom and Yeast to know that they need to upgrade (no big surprise there but still needed to let it play out) so let the vets take the snaps and gain slightly better play, you're gonna upgrade those spots anyways.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Reeder and Johnson taking on more snaps
I think the play that got yeast benched as the right safety was the misplay of the ball in GB game. Lake then started, now Johnson III. But Johnson III was in a lot of snaps when Lake was the starter. Johnson III would play Lake's right safety and Lake would play star. And Yeast played money.

Lake only got that one game before he got hurt. Now the star varies by package. Yesterday it was Yeast in the Penny. Durant played
in the nickel/dime. Of course, there is always more nuance...giving just broad strokes here.

Rams also made pretty big change in how they deploy the corners --- that happened Green Bay and has been going on since then.
It's just something I noticed maybe a bit late last year, then they got away from it until the bye then used it again.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think the play that got yeast benched as the right safety was the misplay of the ball in GB game. Lake then started, now Johnson III. But Johnson III was in a lot of snaps when Lake was the starter. Johnson III would play Lake's right safety and Lake would play star. And Yeast played money.

Lake only got that one game before he got hurt. Now the star varies by package. Yesterday it was Yeast in the Penny. Durant played
in the nickel/dime. Of course, there is always more nuance...giving just broad strokes here.

Rams also made pretty big change in how they deploy the corners --- that happened Green Bay and has been going on since then.
It's just something I noticed maybe a bit late last year, then they got away from it until the bye then used it again.
yeah seems like if Lake was more healthy he'd be man-ing the safety spot and dropping down into STAR/dimebacker when needed.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Kupp was injured some last game and Nacua was injured this week,

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
yeah seems like if Lake was more healthy he'd be man-ing the safety spot and dropping down into STAR/dimebacker when needed.
I think that's the plan going forward. In the game, he started there they were in nickel so much that Johnson took most of the snaps at RS --- but curious to see what happens when he's healthy and they play a team that likes 12/21 personnel ... some are coming up, including this week.

But not sure how healthy he will be this week. And if he plays will they limit what he does? Will they play him at RS on newly healed hammy? Or will they stick with Johnson and use Lake as star?

With the change in how CBs deployed and change at RS on top of year other mixed with injuries it is hard to know. Durant was out the game Lake played so much star.

I am looking forward to seeing what happens with both Lake and Durant are healthy now that both were the starters when they got hurt -- With Yeast they went with Johnson III to replace Lake, not Yeast, the previous starter. He was flat-out benched.

Kendricks was too ... but all questions we don't have answers to ... have to wait and see.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Kupp was injured some last game and Nacua was injured this week,
That wouldn't explain Tutu's drop in playing time though. First 10 games of the season Tutu played 84% of the snaps, and only 37.5% of the past 2. Robinson was in for Tutu on the 1st drive of the game this week. Skowronek got a bump in playing time with Puka out, his first time over 30% this season.