Snap Counts vs TB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58833/TB_Gamebook.pdf

Offense
1643059659610.png

Defense
1643059758786.png

ST
1643059844031.png

Psycho_X

Legend
Burgess back to being an after thought it looks like with Weddle as full time starter now. And surprised to see AD in on every single snap.

I hope Jones is back this week. A creative combination of Jones and Howard I think would be good vs the Whiners with Reeder coming in for blitz packages.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Reeder has played a ton of snaps last two games man. Jones in there for him is going to be a significant boost if we get him back. So hopeful here. :bomb:

Tano

Legend
Wow. I wasn't paying attention but I'm surprised Burgess played so little.
And I saw him make a couple plays while he was in.

Really surprised.

I guess they wanted a veteran FS in Weddle against Brady who can counteract Brady's ability to find holes in the secondary

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams-Buccaneers position grades: Matthew Stafford leads game-winning drive and a long list of A’s L.A.​

Matthew Stafford and Cooper Kupp seal the deal in the last minute of the game.
By Blane Dydasco@BlaneDydasco Jan 24, 2022

NFL: NFC Divisional Round-Los Angeles Rams at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

To earn a chance to be the Champions, you have to beat the Champions. Check. The Los Angeles Rams have done just that by eliminating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30-27 on Divisional Round Sunday. It was a back and forth game that required resolve and executing under pressure in all areas of the roster.

Here are the breakdowns by position and the resulting letter grade.

QUARTERBACK

When it’s all said and done it came down to Matthew Stafford required to put the team in scoring position with 42 seconds and one timeout in order to win and advance and he nailed it. He knew well enough to target his best receiver in Cooper Kupp once for a 20 yard chunk and then right after that, in a hurry up offense, in the face of a blitz, he tossed a perfect deep pass with a defender in his face to drop it in the Kupp and set up the score. Stafford threw for 28 completions for 366 yards and two touchdowns. Not only was Stafford precise and productive, he did what many said was the key to the game which is to play mistake free from the QB position with zero interceptions.
GRADE: A

RUNNING BACK

Cam Akers took the reins officially carrying the load for the running backs with 24 attempts for 48 yards and three catches for 20 yards. On the downside the most impactful plays from Akers was two fumbles that were both recovered by the defense.
GRADE: C+

RECEIVERS

Kupp caught nine passes for 183 yards and one touchdown. He did have one fumble, but in the end was the most impactful skill player in the game starting with his 70 yard touchdown and then the two catches on the final drive to set up the win. Odell Beckham Jr had six catches for 69 yards which included on twenty yard catch and run to convert on a first and twenty.

TIGHT ENDS

Tyler Higbee had four catches for 51 yards. Kendall Blanton scored the first touchdown of the game which was also his first touchdown of his career.
GRADE: B-
NFC Divisional Playoffs - Los Angeles Rams v Tampa Bay Buccaneers
OFFENSIVE LINE
The offensive line was tasked with protecting the quarterback from one of the most imposing pass rushes in the NFL while missing their best blocker in Andrew Whitworth. Fortunately Joe Noteboom has been and was ready to step in and do a good job. Against Jason Pierre-Paul, Shaq Barrett, Ndamukong Suh, and Vita Vea, the line allowed only two sacks but held up in the critical moments of the one score game.
GRADE: A-

DEFENSIVE LINE

Aaron Donald had one of three sacks on Tom Brady. He had a total of five tackles, three tackles for a loss, three quarterback hits, and one pass deflection. Greg Gaines and A’Shawn Robinson combined or five tackles. The Buccaneers were held to only 51 yards total rushing.
GRADE: A+

LINEBACKERS

Leonard Floyd and Von Miller both got sacks on Brady. Miller’s sack was a strip sack that was recovered by the defense. The edges were held to a good degree accounting for the limit of 51 total rushing yards by the Bucs aside from the two short yardage touchdown runs. Travin Howard and Troy Reeder combined for nine tackles.
Rams Bucs in NFL Playoff

CORNERBACKS

The corners held up their own and would have been under less second half pressure without the offensive turnovers. However, after Brady led the National Football League in regular season touchdowns, the Rams secondary held him to only one touchdown in this game. Jalen Ramsey had the biggest lapse giving up a deep pass to Mike Evans for the only passing score.
GRADE: B+

SAFETIES

Nick Scott did it again and has been really showing up this season, after a key pass break up in last weeks Wildcard game, he followed it by getting an interception on Brady in the Divisional Round. He also posted five tackles and two pass deflections.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Matt Gay went three for four on field goals but hit the game winning 30 yarder as time expired for the walk off win.

COACHING

Sean McVay put his guys in a position to win this tough match up. Going up against one of the strongest run defenses in the league, McVay was smart to rely on the passing game but also knew to help his quarterback to get the ball out quick. Hitting OBJ and Higbee early and often in the first half was effective as well as tossing it out to Akers to get him some space. The difficultly in the second half was mainly attributed to execution errors with the fumbles more than it was a play calling issue. Perhaps the most important call down the stretch was less of a play call but a hurry up call. In Stafford’s post game, he describes that before his last pass to Kupp, Mcvay ordered a hurry up to take advantage of the chunk play and get the ball going before the defense could fully set up. Kupp described that the defense reacted and did a fairly good job getting set quickly but all it took was one misstep or one second of urgency for the Rams to get the advantage on that play as Stafford delivered while taking a hit and Kupp ended up with a step on his man.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. I wasn't paying attention but I'm surprised Burgess played so little.
Scott's play put his ass squarely on the bench. Honestly we are looking close to where we were at safety the way he and Weddle played yesterday, which isn't ideal but it's better than everything falling apart. Scott made some really nice reads though and bodes well for us.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Scott's play put his ass squarely on the bench. Honestly we are looking close to where we were at safety the way he and Weddle played yesterday, which isn't ideal but it's better than everything falling apart. Scott made some really nice reads though and bodes well for us.
I was thinking Burgess would have some of Weddle's snaps.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. But they had Weddle written in for certain situations/packages. So when Scott was so dialed in like he was it's like "welp we'll get you in there dude but don't hold your breath."

Psycho_X

Legend
I feel 100% better about our safety situation then I did after the Whiner game when Fuller went down. I had zero expectations there but they've managed to curb that wound and so far Scott has been an asset. If we end up in the Super Bowl got to give credit to this coaching staff for winning the game of attrition which is the biggest obstacle most teams have to overcome to get there.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The defence looked much less confused and much more on the same page. I have no idea if that was due to Weddle or not. Way too small of a sample size. But I would keep Rapp far, far away from anything but being a quasi-linebacker at this point, even if he is healthy. The pass defence has been much improved in his absence. And Weddle - despite his boneheaded hit on Evans - still seems able to lay the wood! We did give up some points, but that will happen with so many turnovers. Double whammy as the D also gets tired being put back on the field so promptly. I thought the defence played great and Morris called an excellent game. For the first time, we faced a dink and dunk, short passing game and WON!!! Major props to Morris as that is what I have been waiting to see and what I have feared he is incapable of. I am half-way won over. Now, let's see him do it against a team without a completely battered WR room. Antonio Brown and Godwin are big pieces to miss...

TexasRam

Legend
Tremendous day for the Oline.

Did you hear JPP or Barrett’s name called?

Havenstein and Boom were awesome.

The interior guys handled their business as well.

Credit to the play calls, Staffords ability to slide around and get the ball out in a near perfect game.

But the Oline was tremendous considering the front they handled.

One more huge task ahead. Neutralize the Poopers front and the next game isn’t as challenging for the Oline.” Relatively speaking.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
No excuse to essentially bench Michel. Wow. Especially with Akers fumbling. And on how many of Michel's snaps was he just an extra blocker? That's almost disrepectful to Michel with how Sony carried us here...

Don't get me wrong. I think Cam should be the starter. He brings an explosive element that can be a real X factor. Even just making sure defences have to account for him is huge. He has passing game ability and breakaway speed that Michel doesn't. But Michel is a very good back too. With playoffs experience. Unlike Cam, he's proven he can carry the load all the way to a Super Bowl before. That is very valuable. Sean McVay and the Rams witnessed Michel slowly kill the clock (and the Rams Super Bowl dreams) just a few years ago. They had a front two seat from the sidelines. Michel is better in short yardage anyway, for my money, with his ability to always fall forward. And the few times he has had carries this post-season, he has excelled. He had 30 yards to start the game vs. Arizona (although Akers likely houses it). And with Akers coming off a major injury - even if he looks good - to not even go with a split of 80-20.... I just don't get it.

Hopefully McVay re-balances going forward.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Why do people get insulted about Akers getting the majority of snaps??

Guys.. he was the #1 RB for this team and worked his ASS off to get back.

It gave Michel an opportunity and he did well. But Akers is better. Akers is complete & more explosive. Akers has no “fumble history” and had a bad day.

Sheesh.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully McVay re-balances going forward.
He usually does tbh. McVay's really good at critiquing himself and I'm sure when he rewatches the game he'll realize Michel should have gotten more work.

The problem is that the offense is a little different with Akers in there. Different plays are strengths. With Michel you gotta hand it to him or he's pass blocking. So the best usage is to feed Michel early downs to use his physicality and play action. And then have Akers out there on the other snaps doing his all around thing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And I saw him make a couple plays while he was in.

Really surprised.

I guess they wanted a veteran FS in Weddle against Brady who can counteract Brady's ability to find holes in the secondary
I thought they may also have Weddle in over Burgess because Weddle is a rock and has a better build to smack Brate, Gronk, and Evans around

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tremendous day for the Oline.

Did you hear JPP or Barrett’s name called?

Havenstein and Boom were awesome.

The interior guys handled their business as well.

Credit to the play calls, Staffords ability to slide around and get the ball out in a near perfect game.

But the Oline was tremendous considering the front they handled.

One more huge task ahead. Neutralize the Poopers front and the next game isn’t as challenging for the Oline.” Relatively speaking.

The crazy thing is who do The Rams keep in 2022. Way to early to look ahead.
Carberry has been solid.

Tano

Legend
The defence looked much less confused and much more on the same page. I have no idea if that was due to Weddle or not. Way too small of a sample size. But I would keep Rapp far, far away from anything but being a quasi-linebacker at this point, even if he is healthy. The pass defence has been much improved in his absence. And Weddle - despite his boneheaded hit on Evans - still seems able to lay the wood! We did give up some points, but that will happen with so many turnovers. Double whammy as the D also gets tired being put back on the field so promptly. I thought the defence played great and Morris called an excellent game. For the first time, we faced a dink and dunk, short passing game and WON!!! Major props to Morris as that is what I have been waiting to see and what I have feared he is incapable of. I am half-way won over. Now, let's see him do it against a team without a completely battered WR room. Antonio Brown and Godwin are big pieces to miss...
I would put Rapp in on passing downs and have him play the hybrid Linebacker/Safety Role to follow the TE around with maybe some help from someone else.

Keep Ramsey on Deebo and say just stick with him no matter what

Don't let Deebo or Kittle beat you

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would put Rapp in on passing downs and have him play the hybrid Linebacker/Safety Role to follow the TE around with maybe some help from someone else.

Keep Ramsey on Deebo and say just stick with him no matter what

Don't let Deebo or Kittle beat you
I would hope that DC keeps Taylor Rapp under Rap on the bench & utilize Burgess/Howard or Brooks in that hybrid Saf/ILB'er role.

I am not trying to be negative here ROD'ers ....just speaking the truth, please do not cancel me for what I am about to post on a Ram player....Rapp has zero coverage skills & should not be placed in a position where he has coverage responsibilities. He is a solid liability target when on the field in passing situations.

Safety Jordan Fuller was our top 2021 safety leading tackler this season & defensive captain signal-caller.

Full-time starting safety Taylor Rapp was also absent ....what happen? Rams won two tough playoff games without Rapp. Burgess/Scott & Weddle have done a very good job filling in for both starting safeties I would hate to mess with this trending positive situation.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I would hope that DC keeps Taylor Rapp under Rap on the bench & utilize Burgess/Howard or Brooks in that hybrid Saf/ILB'er role.

I am not trying to be negative here ROD'ers ....just speaking the truth, please do not cancel me for what I am about to post on a Ram player....Rapp has zero coverage skills & should not be placed in a position where he has coverage responsibilities. He is a solid liability target when on the field in passing situations.

Safety Jordan Fuller was our top 2021 safety leading tackler this season & defensive captain signal-caller.

Full-time starting safety Taylor Rapp was also absent ....what happen? Rams won two tough playoff games without Rapp. Burgess/Scott & Weddle have done a very good job filling in for both starting safeties I would hate to mess with this trending positive situation.
Maybe so but the reason Rapp has sucked so much this year was because he was playing the deep safety role quite frequently and he is absolutely terrible at that.

Give him a designated player to follow around and he is much better at that.

Just IMHO of course

Plus against San Francisco I might put him in on first down near the line of scrimmage because he is a sure tackler on running plays.

Never ever put him as a deep safety ever again.