Snap Counts vs. TB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Off
1632741326328.png

Def
1632741407680.png

ST
1632741586877.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Some interesting stuff here..
On offense... DJax and Mundt getting a nice boost in snaps.
Skowronek showed up on STs.
Rochelle didn't get any snaps, according to this.... What's the story with that??

A'Shawn was effective, but Gaines got more snaps than him and had a solid game. I don't see any negatives there, I see Gaines stepping up and deserving the PT.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One of these days Hopkins is going to realize that playing teams = dressing on gameday. Dressing on gameday = "hey xx grab your helmet and get in there" moments. If you want to play as a young unproven then special teams is the path.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One of these days Hopkins is going to realize that playing teams = dressing on gameday. Dressing on gameday = "hey xx grab your helmet and get in there" moments. If you want to play as a young unproven then special teams is the path.
Hopkins played well on teams in preseason. I don't think that's an issue.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A'Shawn was effective, but Gaines got more snaps than him and had a solid game. I don't see any negatives there, I see Gaines stepping up and deserving the PT.
Gaines had some interesting film last year here and there but this was by far the best game of his career. I think his snaps will go down vs heavy zone run teams but it's nice to see him get so much play and I love how hard the guy is to move.

Also speaking of this the Rams' DL coach is getting the most from this crew. Both line coaches are young and getting us great results for that matter. Tampa's a strong team in the trenches and we just handled them very well. It's a great sign for us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopkins played well on teams in preseason. I don't think that's an issue.
He made a couple good plays that I can recall yes. But he's been on this team for two years and still isn't at least a core special teamer. Them are the facts.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Impressive, Hoecht almost had more DL snaps (18) than Robinson (19)

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think they realized they needed to rotate the DL more to keep them fresh. That could be why the run game improved drastically.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramsey, DWill, Rapp, Fuller- 100%
Long, 5th DB- 97%
Scott, 6th DB- 42%
Reeder, 2nd ILB- 22%

They were very light in the back 7, despite that they only gave up 2.7ypc. I know it's only 1 game on limited attempts, but it's good to see

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gaines just might be my favourite Dliner not named Aaron Donald … he ain’t flashy or fast but I see him take on a double team yesterday and the guy did not give an inch …gotta love the griz

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Impressive, Hoecht almost had more DL snaps (18) than Robinson (19)
I wonder if Robinson is still recovering from his knee procedures 4 weeks ago, would maybe expect him to play more otherwise. Maybe it was obvious that the Bucs just weren't going to run the ball much. Or we wanted them to run it, and were inviting them to.

Must have missed some of Funk's 14 snaps on offense. If he got more than the one early carry I missed that too.

Lewis with 34 snaps (47%). That's a lot, I guess due to Hollins missing some. Interesting to see if Lewis can handle it physically.

Last edited:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I think they realized they needed to rotate the DL more to keep them fresh. That could be why the run game improved drastically.
Definitely saw improvement there, but we have got get better at understanding what
we are doing in coverage. Too many breakdowns.
I know we are suppose to force opponent into a short passing game
but , I am seeing too many receivers wide open.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
He made a couple good plays that I can recall yes. But he's been on this team for two years and still isn't at least a core special teamer. Them are the facts.
I get the feeling that he may just fade away.
Of course I also hope he makes me look like an ass for saying it.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I would also like to see Woods more involved in the passing game.
Hopefully with Coop's success it will create more for Robert.
I am scared of over working Kupp and getting him injured.
Want to see more variety of targets. More Higbee, Jefferson and Jackson.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Gaines had some interesting film last year here and there but this was by far the best game of his career. I think his snaps will go down vs heavy zone run teams but it's nice to see him get so much play and I love how hard the guy is to move.

Also speaking of this the Rams' DL coach is getting the most from this crew. Both line coaches are young and getting us great results for that matter. Tampa's a strong team in the trenches and we just handled them very well. It's a great sign for us.

So, now with McVay, instead of getting into the draft in October, should we just start having a Mock for new coaches each year?

I mean, this year we replaced as many players as coaches... it's crazy.

As long as we keep finding young, innovative coaches, we'll continue to do well.

But the pressure it puts on the org to replace all that teaching talent can only be getting rougher each year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So, now with McVay, instead of getting into the draft in October, should we just start having a Mock for new coaches each year?

I mean, this year we replaced as many players as coaches... it's crazy.

As long as we keep finding young, innovative coaches, we'll continue to do well.

But the pressure it puts on the org to replace all that teaching talent can only be getting rougher each year.

I wouldn't be surprised if O'Connell is picked up by some team next year, with McVay as our chief signal caller though, not sure how much of a difference it might make. The Rams could easily promote someone to OC from within. I'm also hopeful that if Whitworth chooses to retire that he'll be offered an assistant OL coaching position.