Snap Counts vs SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202010180sfo.htm

OFFDEFST
PlayerPosNumPctNumPctNumPct
Austin BlytheC60100%00%311%
Austin CorbettG60100%00%311%
David EdwardsG60100%00%311%
Rob HavensteinT60100%00%311%
Andrew WhitworthT60100%00%00%
Jared GoffQB60100%00%00%
Robert WoodsWR5795%00%00%
Cooper KuppWR5592%00%27%
Josh ReynoldsWR5083%00%00%
Tyler HigbeeTE4575%00%311%
Darrell HendersonRB3253%00%00%
Gerald EverettTE3050%00%00%
Malcolm Brown RB2745%00%00%
Van Jefferson WR35%00%311%
Cam Akers RB12%00%00%
John JohnsonFS00%73100%415%
Micah KiserLB00%73100%415%
Taylor RappSS00%73100%00%
Jalen RamseyCB00%73100%00%
Troy HillCB00%7299%00%
Leonard Floyd LB00%6893%00%
Aaron DonaldDT00%6386%415%
Michael Brockers DE00%6082%415%
Darious WilliamsCB00%4460%519%
Sebastian JosephNT00%4258%311%
Justin HollinsLB00%3548%1141%
Morgan FoxDE00%2838%00%
Greg GainesNT00%2636%415%
Kenny YoungLB00%2534%00%
Samson EbukamLB00%2129%1452%
Terrell Burgess SS00%912%2489%
Jachai PoliteLB00%912%1348%
Terrell LewisLB00%912%00%
Natrez PatrickLB00%00%2489%
Nick ScottFS00%00%2489%
David LongCB00%00%2281%
Troy ReederLB00%00%2074%
Johnny MundtTE00%00%1970%
Nsimba WebsterWR00%00%1867%
Xavier JonesRB00%00%1452%
Juju HughesDB00%00%1452%
Jake McQuaideLS00%00%933%
Johnny HekkerP00%00%933%
Sam Sloman K00%00%726%
Coleman SheltonG00%00%311%
Tremayne AnchrumT00%00%311%

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The offense played 8 fewer snaps than last week, and the Defense played 19 more.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay said prior to the game that Akers would get more opportunity. 1 snap. That plus Brown getting 27 is a mistake. He may love his RB coach but you can't let guys do what they want when it runs counter to the plan you put forth.

Also the sub late on offense that allowed the shitters to get fresh legs on the field when they were driving and in hurry up. That was a big mistake.

Get those positional coaches under control.

And I was also annoyed by the sluggish lining up that prevented the free play on the sub where Goff tried to catch them. Tempo being crisp IS the Rams.

But anyway. Two games in the first 6 that were self inflicted losses. This is where I am really glad we have McVay who will address that shit.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
McVay said prior to the game that Akers would get more opportunity. 1 snap. That plus Brown getting 27 is a mistake. He may love his RB coach but you can't let guys do what they want when it runs counter to the plan you put forth.

Also the sub late on offense that allowed the shitters to get fresh legs on the field when they were driving and in hurry up. That was a big mistake.

Yeah but McVay has said basically the same thing with a healthy and effective Gurley. I don't know who gets final say on who plays when but if it's not McVay and it does go against what he wants wouldn'the just say it? He got on Bones after that one play against AZ last season so it's not like he's afraid to tell his coaches what's up.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

And I was also annoyed by the sluggish lining up that prevented the free play on the sub where Goff tried to catch them. Tempo being crisp IS the Rams.

But anyway. Two games in the first 6 that were self inflicted losses. This is where I am really glad we have McVay who will address that shit.
McVay has to start giving those reps to Akers. Akers and Henderson should be the primary RBs. I don't want to see Brown getting so many reps. Save him for the short yardage if you must, but I still prefer one of the other 2 in there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah but McVay has said basically the same thing with a healthy and effective Gurley. I don't know who gets final say on who plays when but if it's not McVay and it does go against what he wants wouldn'the just say it? He got on Bones after that one play against AZ last season so it's not like he's afraid to tell his coaches what's up.
The Fassel thing was way across the line and he got called out for a reason. Making mistakes in sub strategy is more a thing you would handle in-house IMO vice letting everyone know that coach fucked up. Now if it keeps happening then yeah call him out, fire him, whatever.

But generally on game day the packages are set with the players and packages are called and if you're in that package you go in the game. But with some positions things are a little different, like rotating backs or DL to keep them fresh.

Prior to the game McVay said he wanted more Akers. So somewhere there was a disconnect in terms of Brown getting not only so many looks, but so many critical down looks where he's not best served. That's probably on the RB coach, who McVay talked up all week. So those two need to have a conversation is all. I don't think this is a big deal, just observing that there was a bit more in play in that game with his coaches that he needs to unfuck.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Brown's carries need to be reduced. He has no idea what to do after he catches a pass. No agility or burst at all!

Now Hollins has the most snaps opposite Floyd. We just signed him off the street and now he's starting, what does that same about the others? Hopefully Lewis is up to speed soon.

fearsomefour

Legend
McVay has to start giving those reps to Akers. Akers and Henderson should be the primary RBs. I don't want to see Brown getting so many reps. Save him for the short yardage if you must, but I still prefer one of the other 2 in there.
Agreed.
One guy getting one snap is not a three back rotation.
Three back rotation is probably not totally doable given (maybe) different guys playing in different sets.
Brown is a solid between the tackles back.
He just doesn’t have nearly the explosiveness of the other two.
All three backs are in the same ball park in terms of YPC.
However I agree with Akers and Henderson getting more of an even split.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brown's carries need to be reduced. He has no idea what to do after he catches a pass. No agility or burst at all!

Now Hollins has the most snaps opposite Floyd. We just signed him off the street and now he's starting, what does that same about the others? Hopefully Lewis is up to speed soon.
The MIA in 2020 of OLB Samson Ebukam is something of a mystery.

Entering his final yr on his rookie contract & playing for a future pay raise & new contract, who's playing on the same team now for 4 seasons, not having any major injuries of any kind over this period of time, has outstanding athletic abilities ........has lost his starting position to a newly signed on September 6th WWC castoff from the bottom feeder team in Denver. Smart that the Rams went out & signed Justin Hollins!

I would think that Rams let veterans OLB Dante Fowler & Clay Matthews depart thinking that Ebukam would improve & hold his own @ one OSLB'er post for 2020. Wrong.

* Reserve OLB Justin Lawler was unable to get healthy from his 2019 injury IR'd.
* Reserve OLB top defensive 2020 selection Terrell Lewis Knee event & IR'd.
* Starting OLB Samson Ebukam trending south on-field performance.
* Then Starting OLB Og Okoronkwo IR'd this past week.

Staley is trying hard to find his next main base OLB'er..... Hollis, Lewis, Patrick & Polite will certainly get their chance to just that the rest of this 2020 season. All of these four above are under contract for the upcoming season along with Okoronkwo & Lawler.

Psycho_X

Legend
The MIA in 2020 of OLB Samson Ebukam is something of a mystery.

Entering his final yr on his rookie contract & playing for a future pay raise & new contract, who's playing on the same team now for 4 seasons, not having any major injuries of any kind over this period of time, has outstanding athletic abilities ........has lost his starting position to a newly signed on September 6th WWC castoff from the bottom feeder team in Denver. Smart that the Rams went out & signed Justin Hollins!

I would think that Rams let veterans OLB Dante Fowler & Clay Matthews depart thinking that Ebukam would improve & hold his own @ one OSLB'er post for 2020. Wrong.

* Reserve OLB Justin Lawler was unable to get healthy from his 2019 injury IR'd.
* Reserve OLB top defensive 2020 selection Terrell Lewis Knee event & IR'd.
* Starting OLB Samson Ebukam trending south on-field performance.
* Then Starting OLB Og Okoronkwo IR'd this past week.

Staley is trying hard to find his next main base OLB'er..... Hollis, Lewis, Patrick & Polite will certainly get their chance to just that the rest of this 2020 season. All of these four above are under contract for the upcoming season along with Okoronkwo & Lawler.

Linebacker is definitely a must need in the offseason across the board. The bad luck coupled with the disappearance of Ebukam has been awful. Not just OLB as Travin Howard was expected to be a starter before tearing his meniscus and Lawler I think was going to be at least a heavy rotational player until he got the same foot stepped on that put him on IR before. Coupled with everything else mentioned I'm just looking for a little luck there. If we can get Obo back and Lewis can make ANY impact the unit has a chance to redeem itself by end of the season at least. On top of all that our only solid linebacker Floyd is on a one year deal.

This offseason I'd certainly resign Floyd hopefully. He shouldn't break the bank as he is a solid OLB'er who plays his assignments well but isn't a top pass rusher. We need good veterans like that still. Hopefully draft a good prospect high to compete with Obo and Lewis next season while having Kiser and Howard in the middle. Draft another MLB'er to develop in later rounds. Ebukam is gone.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
McV and staff have done good,not gonna blast them anytime soon.

I like to say Thanks for the Snap counts and the PFF scores. No Matter how much my phone does Auto Correct. Lol

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
1 snap for Akers, 3 for Jefferson. Seems like a clear rookie bias. Jefferson looked better then Reynolds in his reps earlier in the season. Akers looked better then Brown for certain the week prior. Likely should have broke off a long TD run had the opposing team not had a freak of nature (speedwise) at DE out there. Can't see what the Rams are thinking here not playing them both more.

Psycho_X

Legend
1 snap for Akers, 3 for Jefferson. Seems like a clear rookie bias. Jefferson looked better then Reynolds in his reps earlier in the season. Akers looked better then Brown for certain the week prior. Likely should have broke off a long TD run had the opposing team not had a freak of nature (speedwise) at DE out there. Can't see what the Rams are thinking here not playing them both more.

McVay has always been very reluctant to play rookies. And taking the wrong route that results in an interception like it seemed Jefferson did several games ago will immediately reduce his play time. Akers I doubt will be trusted with pass protection and more complexities of the offense this season so that will limit his touches also to not make it obvious when he'll be running the ball barring an injury. I could see Jefferson working his way back into more reps as the season goes on. If we get behind or its a slugfest of a game I can almost guarantee Akers doesn't see the field this season aside from a few token carries.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Linebacker is definitely a must need in the offseason across the board. The bad luck coupled with the disappearance of Ebukam has been awful. Not just OLB as Travin Howard was expected to be a starter before tearing his meniscus and Lawler I think was going to be at least a heavy rotational player until he got the same foot stepped on that put him on IR before. Coupled with everything else mentioned I'm just looking for a little luck there. If we can get Obo back and Lewis can make ANY impact the unit has a chance to redeem itself by end of the season at least. On top of all that our only solid linebacker Floyd is on a one year deal.

This offseason I'd certainly resign Floyd hopefully. He shouldn't break the bank as he is a solid OLB'er who plays his assignments well but isn't a top pass rusher. We need good veterans like that still. Hopefully draft a good prospect high to compete with Obo and Lewis next season while having Kiser and Howard in the middle. Draft another MLB'er to develop in later rounds. Ebukam is gone.
Yes sir! I am all in for the top 2nd-day selection being an OLB'er pass-rushing expert.

Ram's payments for Ramsey & Corbett come due in 2021. Jag will get the Rams 1st & 4th round selections & Browns will get our 5th rd. pick. Leaving the Rams with just four picks. It has been projected that the Rams will be awarded at least one 3rd rd selection & possibly a 5th rd pick Compensatory Draft Selections.

dang

Legend
So is Hollins playing so much a good thing? Kiser holding down the fort is admirable...but c’mon is that enough for an NFL ILB corp?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So is Hollins playing so much a good thing? Kiser holding down the fort is admirable...but c’mon is that enough for an NFL ILB corp?
...Good thing? Better than Samson Ebukam taking snaps but not by much. Justin Hollis is far more OLB'er than ILB'er.

I see the OLB & ILB units needing some good amount of attention this offseason. Naturally, with Four Ram players Floyd, Ebukam, Howard & Patrick being involved in Free Agency this upcoming March these units will surely get some attention. Howard & Patrick will be ERFA's so there is a high likelihood that they will be offered a future contract with not much salary cap ramifications. Floyd has been the only bright spot in these two units up till this time. His salary-cap ramification will be serious if offered a future contract. IMO he has earned some strong considerations.

WS-ILB Kenny Young has been a good back up & he is under contract for 2021. His current starting post has not been performing up to the last two seasons 2018/2019 when Cory Littleton was operating in this post. IR'd Travin Howard is a big question mark coming back from that knee injury & surgery. Not sure the Rams really know what they had in him before the injury. I have not seen Natrez Patrick play this position for the Rams yet.

If Kenny Young were to go down to injury currently the Rams do not have a bonafide reserve active other than strong safety Taylor Rapp. Rapp might yet end up getting more snaps in this post IF rookie Jordan Fuller can get himself healthy enough to return from the Injured Reserve. Snead does have two very interesting practice squad WS-ILB'er projects in Christain Rozeboom & ex-CFL'er Derrick Moncrief.

The MLB post most likely will not get any help on day two of the draft. If any arrives from the draft it will be on day 3. I think the Rams will ride the trio of Kiser/ Reeder/ Bituli into next season. Roseboom from all that I can consume on him is capable of playing both the ILB'ing posts once he gets some more seasoning.

The OLB'ing unit has a more urgent feel to it where the talent level must be elevated going into 2021. This is where I would expect Snead to utilize @ least spend one of his three 2nd day draft selections. Maybe even draft several before the draft is completed. Snead does have two young signed OLB'ers out for the rest of the season both have contracts to play in 2021. Okoronkwo & Lawler are talented enough to not write off too. Lawler might end up moving into the 5 tech post on the DL with his size. Fox will be a UFA.

I do not see the Rams going into the 2021 season with the OLB'ing unit being composed just with Justin Hollis, Jachai Polite, Terrell Lewis, Og Okoronkwo, Natrez Patrick & Justin Lawler

Last edited: