Snap Counts vs Sea

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58312/LA_Gamebook.pdf

Off
1605538675186.png

Def
1605538900423.png

ST
1605539101842.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only 69% of snaps for AD. Ebukam with only 22% of snaps but I swear I saw him make some plays yesterday for a change. Lewis and Holland both up to 42% so it looks like that's our main rotation opposite Floyd. And we must have gone with a lot of 2 DL sets SJD 27% Gaines and Robinson both 15% our NT trio only played 38 of 67 snaps.

Psycho_X

Legend
Kupp was obviously limited due to his wrist injury which paved the way for Reynolds big game. Jefferson's time starting to creep up as well. Glad to see Akers out there more too.

Weird seeing AD's snaps that low. Wonder what's going on there. Did A'shawn take those? Was trying to watch lineman rotations but failed horribly so not sure if they were both on the field at same time much or not.

Also, Lewis going to be a mainstay by end of the year. His two sacks were mostly gift sacks to him but that's ok, he was still around the ball a lot. But that's what we need is someone who can clean up the chaos that AD creates by being there to get the sack.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ebukam with only 22% of snaps but I swear I saw him make some plays yesterday for a change. Lewis and Holland both up to 42% so it looks like that's our main rotation opposite Floyd.
The situation with Ebukam is weird, I'm guessing that he isn't a scheme fit. His snaps have basically decreased every week, makes a play every once in a while then disappears. Floyd barely leaves the field, 92% for the season, it's nuts.
And we must have gone with a lot of 2 DL sets SJD 27% Gaines and Robinson both 15% our NT trio only played 38 of 67 snaps.
Definitely, this seems to be Staley's MO. Looking at the snaps the defense is hardly ever in Base Set, very different from what Wade was doing. Side note they started this game with 4 DL(Donald, Brock, SJD, Fox)

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Anyone else notice a 3 TE set with only Jefferson at WR? I think it only happened once but I remember thinking that it was awesome for Van

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Weird seeing AD's snaps that low. Wonder what's going on there. Did A'shawn take those? Was trying to watch lineman rotations but failed horribly so not sure if they were both on the field at same time much or not.
He might've been gassed chasing Wilson around all day, or maybe Staley wanted to keep the DL rotation fresh to keep up with Wilson. I noticed Brock and Robinson together often, Robinson was there at the end for Brockers' sack.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Kupp was obviously limited due to his wrist injury which paved the way for Reynolds big game. Jefferson's time starting to creep up as well. Glad to see Akers out there more too.

Also, Lewis going to be a mainstay by end of the year. His two sacks were mostly gift sacks to him but that's ok, he was still around the ball a lot. But that's what we need is someone who can clean up the chaos that AD creates by being there to get the sack.
Thete seems to be more of a focus of keeping Donald fresh, rsoecially gor passing situations.

Have noticed he often sits a few snaps early in a drive and then he will come back on the field. Thus giving him a longer rest from the time he leaves the field, through our offensive series, then when the D comes back out. Especially when our O goes 3 and out or only gets one first down etc...

Just like in basketball when a star player sits prior to a commercial timeout and then sits a minute or two after that timeout... Giving him maybe 5-6 minutes of complete rest.

This almost always happens when the opposing team takes icter deep in their own territory... If they start out in Rams territory then that changes and he plays.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else notice a 3 TE set with only Jefferson at WR? I think it only happened once but I remember thinking that it was awesome for Van
I saw that too! Woods made a play then went to the sideline standing next to Kupp and I had a wtf moment.

fearsomefour

Legend
Only 69% of snaps for AD. Ebukam with only 22% of snaps but I swear I saw him make some plays yesterday for a change. Lewis and Holland both up to 42% so it looks like that's our main rotation opposite Floyd. And we must have gone with a lot of 2 DL sets SJD 27% Gaines and Robinson both 15% our NT trio only played 38 of 67 snaps.
Hollins.
Ebukam did make some nice plays vs the run.
I noticed that during the game.
A lot of rotation on the DL with the inside guys getting less play.
Hey, it worked.
Robinson showed up a couple times despite only playing 15 snaps.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I definitely notice Robinson being very active in the 4th and late. I’m excited for him going forward. Didn’t even see him on field before that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ER J.Polite's snaps dropped dramatically against the Seahawks. Polite does seem to be a better fit in Staley's 2-4-5 defense as the left side edge rusher.

It sure appears that Free Safety Nick Scott will have a major impact for the rest of the season due to Rookie Terrell Burgess being IR & done & now Rapp reinjuring that knee MCL strain. I have not heard what grade of a strain it was. Rapp might be shelved till the playoff if it's a grade 3. I observed Scott a lot & he seems to know this defense well. I do not see any real loss with Scott in there over Rapp. Scott adds an element missing in most of our secondary Has far-ranging deep high-end speed.

Terrell Lewis began the season listed as 6-5 262lbs. That's the size of most DE's in 43 defenses. He sure looks like he is filling out much more than I expected. He is already much bigger than he was when we first saw him. I would think Lewis is well over 270lbs now. Lewis is going to smush a number of RB's assigned to block this KING-SIZE Blitzer.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With how Robinson was used, it appeared a "break in" plan for him.

Anxious to hear any update on him from the Coaches today.

Psycho_X

Legend
ER J.Polite's snaps dropped dramatically against the Seahawks. Polite does seem to be a better fit in Staley's 2-4-5 defense as the left side edge rusher.

It sure appears that Free Safety Nick Scott will have a major impact for the rest of the season due to Rookie Terrell Burgess being IR & done & now Rapp reinjuring that knee MCL strain. I have not heard what grade of a strain it was. Rapp might be shelved till the playoff if it's a grade 3. I observed Scott a lot & he seems to know this defense well. I do not see any real loss with Scott in there over Rapp. Scott adds an element missing in most of our secondary Has far-ranging deep high-end speed.

Terrell Lewis began the season listed as 6-5 262lbs. That's the size of most DE's in 43 defenses. He sure looks like he is filling out much more than I expected. He is already much bigger than he was when we first saw him. I would think Lewis is well over 270lbs now. Lewis is going to smush a number of RB's assigned to block this KING-SIZE Blitzer.

Floyd being an every down backer and one of Staley's obvious favorites I'm assuming Polite's snaps will be very limited as long as Floyd is healthy. With the way Floyd was playing that's not surprising he got few chances.

Scott I was interested in seeing if he could turn into anything because of his speed but has never gotten a chance. So far, Aubrey Pleasant has given me no reason to believe he can't make something out of the late round special teams player if forced to.

I hope Lewis knees can hold up to him getting bigger if he has. Nothing but encouraging watching him play so far and you're right, he is a monster coming off that edge. Potential is endless if he stays healthy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I hope Lewis knees can hold up to him getting bigger if he has. Nothing but encouraging watching him play so far and you're right, he is a monster coming off that edge. Potential is endless if he stays healthy.
1605548969712.png

Terrell Lewis was the 84th player selected in the draft this year and the ninth linebacker to come off the board. If you add defensive ends to the mix, another eight edge players who could be expected to accumulate sacks went ahead of Lewis. Among them were Chase Young, K’Lavon Chaisson, Isaiah Simmons, and Patrick Queen. Lewis has been active for only five of nine games and his snap totals have been extremely limited; the 28 snaps he had on Sunday against the Seahawks was a new career-high.

In spite of all of this, Lewis became the first rookie in 2020 to record at least two sacks in a single game and his pair of takedowns against Russell Wilson has elevated him to being only 1.5 behind Young for the most this season by a first year player.

Despite not really even being healthy for months and only being utilized in the last few weeks, Terrell Lewis is the only rookie in 2020 to post at least 2 sacks in one game. He's 1.5 sacks shy of Chase Young for the rookie lead already.

— TurfShowTimes (@TurfShowTimes) November 16, 2020
Young got off to a fantastic start, recording 1.5 sacks in Week 1 and another in Week 2. But Young has only had one sack and three QB hits in his last six contests. This has not opened the door for another rookie to overtake him however. At least maybe not until Lewis became healthy and ready to contribute as Dante Fowler’s edge replacement as a threat to complement Aaron Donald.

Thankfully free agent signee Leonard Floyd has stepped up as well, recording three sacks against Seattle and seven total on the season. The LA Rams have 31 sacks en total, which is tied with the Eagles for the third-most this season. The Steelers have 36 and the Buccaneers have 32, though Tampa Bay has played in one more game than LA has.

The Rams have 11 sacks in the last three games and Lewis has stepped up as an integral part of that formula.

Up next: The Bucs and Tom Brady, who has only been sacked 14 times this year and has made it a specialty to be elusive in the pocket throughout his career. Will potential MVP and Defensive Player of the Year Aaron Donald and company be the first team since Washington last October to sack Brady four times in one game?

I’m sure Lewis would agree, the Rams could do even better than that.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

I like the impact of what Staley has brought here in terms of personnel.

Last yr we had 6-3 edge rushers in Ebukam, Fowler, & Matthews and also 6-2 Obo...

Now we have 6-5 guys in Floyd, Hollins, and Lewis on the edge.

Wilson had problems with that size as they closed on him... Can't get good looks downfield. Add in 6-5" Brockers, 6-4" Day, and Robinson, and that's a big front.

Fisher gave them a similar look when we had 6-5 Sims, Brockers, and 6-4 Hayes. Wilson always seems to struggle with that height.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I like the impact of what Staley has brought here in terms of personnel.

Last yr we had 6-3 edge rushers in Ebukam, Fowler, & Matthews and also 6-2 Obo...

Now we have 6-5 guys in Floyd, Hollins, and Lewis on the edge.

Wilson had problems with that size as they closed on him... Can't get good looks downfield. Add in 6-5" Brockers, 6-4" Day, and Robinson, and that's a big front.

Fisher gave them a similar look when we had 6-5 Sims, Brockers, and 6-4 Hayes. Wilson always seems to struggle with that height.
We know we will see two very short QB's four times a season for a while yet in Murray & Wilson.

I would like the Rams future starting ER's/OLB'ers to be Lewis & Floyd with Hollins & Okoronkwo as the main reserves. That would take some salary-cap $$$ to sign UFA Leonard Floyd but I really think it would be wise since we are so lacking of talent inside @ LB'er.

The top Offensive Ram UFA I would work hard @ signing is the dinky center Austin Blythe we might get him at a decent moderate price if we make it a 4 to 5 yr contract. I think he has deserved a pay increase.

The top RFA to sign by a landslide is CB Darious Williams Rams will need to tendered him high to keep the thieves from lurking in. I know the NFL has been awakened by the high brilliant performances of Williams by now.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We know we will see two very short QB's four times a season for a while yet in Murray & Wilson.

I would like the Rams future starting ER's/OLB'ers to be Lewis & Floyd with Hollins & Okoronkwo as the main reserves. That would take some salary-cap $$$ to sign UFA Leonard Floyd but I really think it would be wise since we are so lacking of talent inside @ LB'er.

The top Offensive Ram UFA I would work hard @ signing is the dinky center Austin Blythe we might get him at a decent moderate price if we make it a 4 to 5 yr contract. I think he has deserved a pay increase.

The top RFA to sign by a landslide is CB Darious Williams Rams will need to tendered him high to keep the thieves from lurking in. I know the NFL has been awakened by the high brilliant performances of Williams by now.
Yeah, hate to say it, if Noteboom is solid, might have to retire Whitworth whether he wants to or not. They will be scratching for everything penny next year and he saves them $5.5M I believe.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am enjoying watching this DL rotation. I think our depth up front is superb. SJD was stuffing it up. Gaines and Robinson both stuff it up too. Everybody is fresh and firing the F off on every snap.

Love it. Right now I don't think there is a line in this league that puts out more effort snap to snap across the board than our DL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am enjoying watching this DL rotation. I think our depth up front is superb. SJD was stuffing it up. Gaines and Robinson both stuff it up too. Everybody is fresh and firing the F off on every snap.

Love it. Right now I don't think there is a line in this league that puts out more effort snap to snap across the board than our DL.
Agree about SJD last few game performances...competition does ignite the spirit in many. I would think Sunday's game performance by NT SJD was his best yet! SJD appears to desire to fight it out for those starting snaps. SJD is no small man either.

Robinson is one big load inside & SJD along with Gaines brings a serious 3-way rotational run-stopping trio. Leaving Brockers/ Donald & Fox to quickly move around the melee.