Snap Counts vs AZ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58561/LA_Gamebook.pdf

Off
1633353911808.png

Def
1633354017491.png

ST

1633354120153.png

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I didn't even hear Rochell's name. Hoping his snap count increases on Thursday.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't even hear Rochell's name. Hoping his snap count increases on Thursday.
I think he got some time towards the end. Yeah I think most of us are hoping to see him get a chance ahead of Long. Not to pile on Long, but he has yet to show anything under any scheme/DC, I'd rather take a risk with the rook.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No snaps for Garrett?? Containment can’t get much worse.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He seems to be quicker than either Lewis or Obo. I think that would be helpful in containing mobile quarterbacks.
As soon as Shula thinks he’s game ready in every way he may get the chance. I dont think a lot of the problems yesterday were talent it was X’s and O’s and execution.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As soon as Shula thinks he’s game ready in every way he may get the chance. I dont think a lot of the problems yesterday were talent it was X’s and O’s and execution.
I saw Lewis struggling with lateral movement and no match for the cards speed. Of course he was not the only one.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I see where Justin Lawler had only 9 snaps. I hope that Shula might increase his snaps @ the SS OLB'er post & give Floyd some opportunities fliping to the weakside to help Lewis. Floyd has played both sides often. With Hollins gone Lewis needs help. Okoronkwo is no help with the containment of Wilson.

Justin Lawler is not the quickest OLB'er but he is excellent in setting the edge against the run & using proper angles in containment. The problem with Lawler he is by far best suited to play the SSOLB'er post where Floyd normally resides.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I saw Lewis struggling with lateral movement and no match for the cards speed. Of course he was not the only one.
I posted on Saturday on Lewis & his still problematic knee. I spent time watching his snaps the week against the Bucs & saw that Lewis was moving primarily straight forward & straight backwards with very little to wiggle, very stiff & rigid with no lateral movement.

The 6-5 265 pounder trying to contain Murray was a serious mismatch. Lewis is far more 43 DE than a 34 D OLB'er.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I thought he looked like he was moving pretty good when he was chasing Murray on one of those 3rd and longs we gave up

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I wonder why Burgess isn't getting snaps on D. He had a lot more during his rookie year and was fairly effective if I recall. Long was getting abused out there and Rapp is just not it, especially for a FS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder why Burgess isn't getting snaps on D. He had a lot more during his rookie year and was fairly effective if I recall. Long was getting abused out there and Rapp is just not it, especially for a FS.
Morris is absolutely misusing Rapp and it's souring fans on him. If he's used right we've seen him be a good player. I'm curious why Burgess isn't out there too. I know McVay and Morris both said in camp that Burgess was fighting for a spot. Could be he just isn't working hard or hasn't impressed anybody in camp or practices still which is disappointing for him to drop off like that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

haha, they have rapp classified as a free safety. fuck me.

i thought mcvay was as smart as they come? how does he let this happen?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

haha, they have rapp classified as a free safety. fuck me.

i thought mcvay was as smart as they come? how does he let this happen?

I'm guessing Morris told him he could handle it, obviously Morris was dead wrong

WestCoastRam

Legend
Morris is absolutely misusing Rapp and it's souring fans on him. If he's used right we've seen him be a good player. I'm curious why Burgess isn't out there too. I know McVay and Morris both said in camp that Burgess was fighting for a spot. Could be he just isn't working hard or hasn't impressed anybody in camp or practices still which is disappointing for him to drop off like that.

I mean, it was interesting that he was out there playing deep into the preseason. Disappointing for a guy who looked to have promise.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, it was interesting that he was out there playing deep into the preseason. Disappointing for a guy who looked to have promise.
Yup he was playing when the starters were sitting. He's got 1 snap in 4 games, something isn't right with him and we know what was said about him in camp.

TexasRam

Legend
I think the X's and 0's and execution was definitely a problem. But in Long and Rapp's case I see it as talent issue. They cannot play at this level. I hear the case for Rapp around the LOS, that is possible. But those two as cover guys - good night. Larry Marmie shit.

Execution on some passes, drops, fumble, and not containing the edge, yea. Mcvay mentioned this today and I think he was referencing the contain as execution issue where guys didn't do what they were coached to do. But he's being stubborn or too nice acting like their isn't a talent issue in cover guys outside of Ramsey and Williams. We don't have enough cover guys. He is also acting like it was a one game anomoly which is not being honest. The sooner they can tear off the bandaid and start dealing with the issue the better. It will take some time to see what the younger guys can offer and then determine if they will be our 2021 answer or if we need to get on the horn and bring in some vet.