Smollett gets all charges dropped

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
WUT?????

All 16 charges were dropped.

From the Cook County State Attorney

"After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case," according to a statement from the office of the Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx, sent to USA TODAY by her spokeswoman, Tandra Simonton.

Then his lawyers had the balls to say this, essentially placing the blame on the police!!!

“Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him," according to a statement from Smollett's lawyers Tina Glandian and Patricia Brown Holmes. “... He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement.
......................................................................................................
The dude faked/staged a hate crime. This should have drawn some months in county correctional facilities and a fine.

Instead, because he's famous he get's off with nothing.

It's like all celebs have to do is say "oops sorry my bad" and it all goes away.

Fuck him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The haves and the have nots!

And it wasn’t just staging hate crimes he brought politics into it to try to further divide people.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The haves and the have nots!

And it wasn’t just staging hate crimes he brought politics into it to try to further divide people.

Stupidly he forgot that there are security cameras pretty much everywhere. Not to mention the cell phone records indicated he had spoken to one of them shortly before the "crime".

Dumb motherfucker.

This fact wasn't released until afterwards but the police got to his apartment 40 minutes later and he still had the noose around his neck. Red flag there for sure.

At least he forfeits his $100,000 bail. Essentially he bought his way out of it with a "donation" to Cook County.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
His lawyers should be charged with slander. And he should have done time for what he did.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There are some true leaders of character up there in Chicago.

No wonder that city is basically the crime capital of the US.

They sure have a lot to be proud of.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His lawyers should be charged with slander. And he should have done time for what he did.

Slander isn't a crime, and what his lawyer said wouldn't qualify as slander.
(There is criminal defamation in some states, but the law in Illinois wouldn't be applicable.)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Let's keep all politics out of our home. We're better than that pos here at ROD.

I thank you in advance for this... :huh:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I confidently predict he will indeed be a victim of a "hate" crime very soon. He'll probably get exactly what he tried to fake. That's how karma likes to work. Stay tuned. Not sure why he wouldn't like to go to jail. They would definitely oblige all his desires there I'm sure.
:sneaky:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I confidently predict he will indeed be a victim of a "hate" crime very soon. He'll probably get exactly what he tried to fake. That's how karma likes to work. Stay tuned. Not sure why he wouldn't like to go to jail. They would definitely oblige all his desires there I'm sure.

Or he’ll just slip back into oblivion where he belongs

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A two tiered justice system won't last long.

It has lasted this long. It's not going anywhere any time soon.

That's a little more than karma.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

That's really poor.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Slander isn't a crime, and what his lawyer said wouldn't qualify as slander.
(There is criminal defamation in some states, but the law in Illinois wouldn't be applicable.)

Defamation of character accusations will involve issues ofslander or libel, in which the false and damaging statements are made in verbal form through slander, or in written form through libel. In the United States, such accusations, upon being deemed as true by the courts, are punishable by law.

But what the lawyers said isn't slander.

It's just lies, and the state bar association should talk to them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defamation of character accusations will involve issues ofslander or libel, in which the false and damaging statements are made in verbal form through slander, or in written form through libel. In the United States, such accusations, upon being deemed as true by the courts, are punishable by law.

Les, I'm a lawyer. Everything I said was correct.

But what the lawyers said isn't slander.

Correct.

It's just lies, and the state bar association should talk to them.

The bar isn't going to punish lawyers for representing their client.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Les, I'm a lawyer. Everything I said was correct.

Correct.

The bar isn't going to punish lawyers for representing their client.
Mark Geragos has problems of his own coming up with the bar.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's the way the world works sometimes. You often times have to lay in the bed you made for yourself.

I like you , but that was shitty and not on point.

The fact that he is gay and you made that a target is wrong. And you know it.

He committed 16 crimes and is walking away. But you or I may do months in jail and pay hefty fines.

That is my point.

These are felony counts, and the police spent shit tons of resources because this was a high profile case.

He lied about it over and over.

Then admitted it after being confronted with video and cell records that proved he was lying.

Then suddenly charges are DROPPED.

And then he claims he was innocent all along.

He is clearly and completely guilty yet all 16 counts against this POS are dropped.

Have the Cook County authorities become a "reality show" too?

Status
Not open for further replies.