Smartest Play Last Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I have not heard or read where anyone has brought it up, but on Travin Howard's game-sealing interception did you notice how Greg Gaines wrapped him up from behind and eased him to the ground. About as heads up a play as you will ever see.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I have not heard or read where anyone has brought it up, but on Travin Howard's game-sealing interception did you notice how Greg Gaines wrapped him up from behind and eased him to the ground. About as heads up a play as you will ever see.
Yeah I believe it was mentioned before. This team has definitely had it's moments, like when OBJ purposely lost yardage while going out of bounds to keep the time of running in a previous game.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Definitely - just re-watched that clip.
Smart move by Gaines.
The LAST thing you want is a fumble recovered by SF & taken to the house at that point.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What Gaines should have done is put some body on Garoppolo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I guess it was the safest thing to do, but Travis may have broken a tackle and gotten a TD! Once in a lifetime chance for him in a conference championship game.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I guess it was the safest thing to do, but Travis may have broken a tackle and gotten a TD! Once in a lifetime chance for him in a conference championship game.
If he sticks around, he will have lots of conference championship games ahead of him.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think that Gaines was trying to protect the ball to make sure we maintained possession.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think that Gaines was trying to protect the ball to make sure we maintained possession.
Yes it’s likely he didn’t want to risk a fumble. A TD score wouldn’t have been necessary with so little time on the clock, but it would have been a fun, In Yo Face moment.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’ll tell you a play design I liked was the pitch back tight end screen. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that.