SJax: "We don't play to lose. I can tell you that."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
. . . followed by the death glare. This is the first time I've seen Jackson coiled up like a snake ready to punch a reporter in the face. Not sure what set him off. I think he may have heard the question wrong, or maybe he was just pissed in general. But..... wow. I'm sure that reporter's blood pressure went up about 60 points.

[ch5]1286597077001[/ch5]

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
X said:
. . . followed by the death glare. This is the first time I've seen Jackson coiled up like a snake ready to punch a reporter in the face. Not sure what set him off. I think he may have heard the question wrong, or maybe he was just pissed in general. But..... wow. I'm sure that reporter's blood pressure went up about 60 points.

I paused it at 2:48 and almost crapped my pants. :whoa:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Smart move by the PR guy, he said "two more" and then gave them one after that question. Jackson wasn't happy.

I'm thinking 150+ yards next week, he's going to be pissed.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I bet this is what he was thinkin inside...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msvU93QeUHc[/youtube]

Only except it was...

"YOU DARE ASK THAT QUESTION TO ME?! YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME?!?!?! I WILL TEAR YOU APART!!!!!!"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RealRamsFan said:
Yep.....thats usually the glare before the assualt :grr:
Yeah it is. Bite the lip, then open your eyes and wait for the response to make you launch. Only thing missing was the phrase, "Say something else."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
Glare? :roll:
Absolutely.

The video's not playing for me right now for some reason. Otherwise I'd show you where to pause it. There are a couple of seconds there that define the next move. I've seen it several times. Hell, I've even done it several times (no, I'm not proud of that). I don't know if you've ever been in a fight, but that's absolutely how you define that look he gave that reporter. And it could have gone horribly wrong for him if he said anything derogatory. The PR guy who said, "Okay, that's it" knew it too I think.

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Absolutely.

The video's not playing for me right now for some reason. Otherwise I'd show you where to pause it. There are a couple of seconds there that define the next move. I've seen it several times. Hell, I've even done it several times (no, I'm not proud of that). I don't know if you've ever been in a fight, but that's absolutely how you define that look he gave that reporter. And it could have gone horribly wrong for him if he said anything derogatory. The PR guy who said, "Okay, that's it" knew it too I think.

I watched the whole thing. Only at the very end was there a small pause where SJ didn't blink. IMO much ado about nothing. Strikes me as disrespectful to SJ to assume an assault was next. Plus if opening a can of whoopass is viewed as the normal progression then I suggest anger management before some lawyer picks your pocket.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Absolutely.

I watched the whole thing. Only at the very end was there a small pause where SJ didn't blink. IMO much ado about nothing. Strikes me as disrespectful to SJ to assume an assault was next. Plus if opening a can of whoopass is viewed as the normal progression then I suggest anger management before some lawyer picks your pocket.
He wasn't saying SJ was going to assault anyone. It's just the way it went down. A normal progression follows that on the streets, though it may not seem normal to you. I'm not like that anymore. I'm talking about when I was in my 20's and wanted to bang heads. That was stupid then, and any such behavior would be stupid now. But hey, thanks for the free advice about anger management. I never really thought of that after years and years and years of learned behavior.

:roll: Yes, that was an eye roll.

Go buy a new computer and stop suffering, ya cheap bastard. Or I'll kick your ass.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This thread has potential....

Anonymous

RealRamsFan said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Absolutely.

Im not in SJ39 head...but that look to me was a look a guy giveswhen he is daring you to say something else....hence the reporter cutting his "two more questions" short...lol

IMHO, SJ39 wasn't going to hit the guy.....I was jjust oking. But he was gonna light a fire under his ass if another question about the teams efforts were to slip out the reporters mouth.

That glare was surely there....and I suggest to you that if you talk to someone and they bite their lip and gives you a similiar stare........think wisely on your next move or words.....just saying

I didn't see any glare and I agree the next response from SJ dealing with team effort would likely have been contentious.

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Absolutely.

He wasn't saying SJ was going to assault anyone. It's just the way it went down. A normal progression follows that on the streets, though it may not seem normal to you. I'm not like that anymore. I'm talking about when I was in my 20's and wanted to bang heads. That was stupid then, and any such behavior would be stupid now. But hey, thanks for the free advice about anger management. I never really thought of that after years and years and years of learned behavior.

:roll: Yes, that was an eye roll.

Go buy a new computer and stop suffering, ya cheap bastard. Or I'll kick your ass.

No will do as getting ready for vacation. Still hoping for the inspiration or the spontaneous neural net thing. (Squeaky memo: Wear steel undies in presence of X.)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
I didn't see any glare and I agree the next response from SJ dealing with team effort would likely have been contentious.
You really don't see it? Maybe "glare" isn't the right word, but I don't know of a good substitute. A glare would typically mean a prolonged stare with bad intentions, but it didn't get that far. How about this? It was a quick glare. This is pretty interesting, really. Honest question. Have you ever thrown down?

bluecoconuts

Legend
RealRamsFan said:
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:
Absolutely.

Im not in SJ39 head...but that look to me was a look a guy giveswhen he is daring you to say something else....hence the reporter cutting his "two more questions" short...lol

IMHO, SJ39 wasn't going to hit the guy.....I was jjust oking. But he was gonna light a fire under his ass if another question about the teams efforts were to slip out the reporters mouth.

That glare was surely there....and I suggest to you that if you talk to someone and they bite their lip and gives you a similiar stare........think wisely on your next move or words.....just saying

When my girlfriend stares at me and bites her lip that's my que to undo my belt....

Anonymous

X said:
squeaky wheel said:
You really don't see it? Maybe "glare" isn't the right word, but I don't know of a good substitute. A glare would typically mean a prolonged stare with bad intentions, but it didn't get that far. How about this? It was a quick glare. This is pretty interesting, really. Honest question. Have you ever thrown down?

SJ briefly stared at him. That's all I saw. "Thrown down"? The lingo escapes me. If you're asking about fighting sure when I was much younger though for the last 25 years or so I'm involved in breaking that shit up. It was bad enough with the law years ago but now with the internet it will follow you forever. Better to use the head IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
X said:
squeaky wheel said:

SJ briefly stared at him. That's all I saw. "Thrown down"? The lingo escapes me. If you're asking about fighting sure when I was much younger though for the last 25 years or so I'm involved in breaking that shit up. It was bad enough with the law years ago but now with the internet it will follow you forever. Better to use the head IMO.
Well, that kind of explains it then. What you saw as a brief stare is something others would see as the final step before a physical confrontation. Well, the second to last step, anyway. One more word would have been all it would take. I just thought it was interesting that someone wouldn't recognize that, but I guess if that wasn't your upbringing (or at least a big part of your life), then I suppose you wouldn't.

That "look", as it were, is the visual equivalent of saying, "Say something else. I dare you." And, he didn't. Because he likely recognized it as well. It's subtle I guess, but not if you're used to seeing it. And Jackson isn't averse to kicking somebody's ass. He got tired of Bernard Pollard running his mouth in the Texans game, and they "threw down" (now you know what it means). Granted, he probably wouldn't risk his career and smack that reporter in the chops, but he was definitely thinking it. No doubt about that. And this is probably more subtle, but when Jackson said, "... but what?", that was him inviting the guy into an ass kicking. All part of the dance.