Single Movie That You Have Binge Watched...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am talking about going to a movie house and paying to watch the SAME movie multiple times. I have three movies that I have done this for:
Star Wars
The Natural
Soul Man

I saw Star Wars in a normal packed cinema when it first came out. There were news stories of kids watching it 25 times or more. Well, I was one of those kids. No, I didn't watch it 25 times, but I did go back multiple times when it hit the budget theater ($1.00 admission). Why? Because the story and the visuals transported a young kid like I was into another Universe, in a battle of good vs evil.

The Natural combined a sports movie and fairy tale into a magical movie. Again, a battle of good vs evil. The soft lighting they used and the mesmerizing historical detail of long ago ball parks and uniforms was beautiful. The movie ending was Kirk Gibson-esque! Glenn Close was Redford's love interest in this movie and was likeable. Close's previous roles in The Natural and the Big Chill, made her portrayal as a psycho mistress in Fatal Attraction such a shocker. Anyway, I digress. I was alone and single while finishing up military advanced electronic training near San Francisco and I saw it multiple times with a Navy friend who also loved baseball.

Soul Man is such a politically incorrect comedy, which couldn't be made today. C. Thomas Howell's character expected to enter Harvard Law School after his college graduation, but his rich father decided to spend his college money on a time-share in Barbados. Instead of working his way to pay for Law School, he took some tanning pills that made him look black and then applied for and received a prestigious African American only scholarship. His love interest was the lovely Rae Dawn Chong (Tommy Chong's daughter) who he discovered was a single mother and working her ass off to pay for Harvard...only because she narrowly missed out on the scholarship that he had no right to receive. I watched this movie multiple times, wearing a Harvard sweatshirt at times, because I dreamed of going to college to become a lawyer. When I was young, I had no confidence in myself and dropped out of Jr College twice. In my 40's, with my wife's support, I went to college and achieved a BS in History. I continued and received an MA. My brother-in-law received a Law Degree from Washburn Law School and so I checked into the dream I had as a much younger man. Washburn is not Harvard Law, yet the cost of a single semester was staggering. From the inquiry, I received many recruiting calls from them, inviting me to tour the Law School. Hell no!not a rich kid like @AvengerRam or @jrry32 !!!

So name your multiple viewings of a single movie in the theater and why the hell you did that!

PS: I also can't resist watching A Few Good Men to watch Nicholon's performance as Col. Jessup!

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Uh no. But I did have a girl friend who watch dirty dancing about 100 times a year. Some of that was collateral damage on me I’m afraid. VHS.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I thought about it when Avengers Endgame was gonna come out...but then I realized I'm not old and retired yet and still have to make money.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I dont know if this counts, but I've seen the Rocky Horror Picture show at least 10 times. Not necessarily out of a desire to see the movie, but it was a thing to do.
When I was away at school we had a local theater that gave a student discount and we must have went to see "The Crow" 5 or 6 times

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I dont know if this counts, but I've seen the Rocky Horror Picture show at least 10 times. Not necessarily out of a desire to see the movie, but it was a thing to do.
When I was away at school we had a local theater that gave a student discount and we must have went to see "The Crow" 5 or 6 times
It counts, ya degenerate!

My personal favorite was Tommy ~ @Merlin

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Uh no. But I did have a girl friend who watch dirty dancing about 100 times a year. Some of that was collateral damage on me I’m afraid. VHS.
We used to have a rule about not dating girls that liked the movie Grease :D Dirty Dancing never got to that level though IIRC

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty much all the Star Wars movies to be honest. One movie that I just loved that might not get listed is Henry V starring and by Kenneth Branagh it's just a good movie and he's an amazing actor in it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I think the only movie I've seen more then once in the theatre was Titanic

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I've done this with 5 movies King Kong (2005), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Transformers (2007), The Bourne Ultimatum, and the first Avengers movie. Watched each movie twice and second time was with a different group of people.

But man had I been alive at the time I know that I would've done the same thing with Star Wars. I enjoy watching A New Hope so much that usually I watch it without even watching Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back afterward.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Godfather series. No idea how many times I've seen them.

Tano

Legend
I have only watched one movie multiple times in a theatre and that was when I was a kid

Force 10 from Navarone

We saw it 3 times in the same day - boy did the 3rd time start to get really old

My brother's friends and I (I did not like them but I tagged along since they were going to a movie) saw the movie back to back.

Then my brother and I told our parents about it and they decided to go see it that night.

We should also start a thread about how many movies have you seen over and over on a TV

Tano

Legend
I have only watched one movie multiple times in a theatre and that was when I was a kid

Force 10 from Navarone

We saw it 3 times in the same day - boy did the 3rd time start to get really old

My brother's friends and I (I did not like them but I tagged along since they were going to a movie) saw the movie back to back.

Then my brother and I told our parents about it and they decided to go see it that night.

We should also start a thread about how many movies have you seen over and over on a TV
Oops - I also saw Raiders of the Lost Ark twice in a theatre

Once with a group of friends and one of the rare times that I went to a movie by myself because I was bored that night and wanted to get out of the house.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I am talking about going to a movie house and paying to watch the SAME movie multiple times. I have three movies that I have done this for:
Star Wars
The Natural
Soul Man

I saw Star Wars in a normal packed cinema when it first came out. There were news stories of kids watching it 25 times or more. Well, I was one of those kids. No, I didn't watch it 25 times, but I did go back multiple times when it hit the budget theater ($1.00 admission). Why? Because the story and the visuals transported a young kid like I was into another Universe, in a battle of good vs evil.

The Natural combined a sports movie and fairy tale into a magical movie. Again, a battle of good vs evil. The soft lighting they used and the mesmerizing historical detail of long ago ball parks and uniforms was beautiful. The movie ending was Kirk Gibson-esque! Glenn Close was Redford's love interest in this movie and was likeable. Close's previous roles in The Natural and the Big Chill, made her portrayal as a psycho mistress in Fatal Attraction such a shocker. Anyway, I digress. I was alone and single while finishing up military advanced electronic training near San Francisco and I saw it multiple times with a Navy friend who also loved baseball.

Soul Man is such a politically incorrect comedy, which couldn't be made today. C. Thomas Howell's character expected to enter Harvard Law School after his college graduation, but his rich father decided to spend his college money on a time-share in Barbados. Instead of working his way to pay for Law School, he took some tanning pills that made him look black and then applied for and received a prestigious African American only scholarship. His love interest was the lovely Rae Dawn Chong (Tommy Chong's daughter) who he discovered was a single mother and working her ass off to pay for Harvard...only because she narrowly missed out on the scholarship that he had no right to receive. I watched this movie multiple times, wearing a Harvard sweatshirt at times, because I dreamed of going to college to become a lawyer. When I was young, I had no confidence in myself and dropped out of Jr College twice. In my 40's, with my wife's support, I went to college and achieved a BS in History. I continued and received an MA. My brother-in-law received a Law Degree from Washburn Law School and so I checked into the dream I had as a much younger man. Washburn is not Harvard Law, yet the cost of a single semester was staggering. From the inquiry, I received many recruiting calls from them, inviting me to tour the Law School. Hell no!not a rich kid like @AvengerRam or @jrry32 !!!

So name your multiple viewings of a single movie in the theater and why the hell you did that!

PS: I also can't resist watching A Few Good Men to watch Nicholon's performance as Col. Jessup!
Hey, I had a cameo in that post! :sunglasses:

Movies I’ve binged…

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
The Empire Strikes Back
The Lion King

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In the movie theaters?
You and your silly rules.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie more than once on the big screen. It would have to be one of the cheesy late-night ones at the drive-in where we would bring dates when we were kids.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You and your silly rules.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie more than once on the big screen. It would have to be one of the cheesy late-night ones at the drive-in where we would bring dates when we were kids.
C'mon man, you can fix this by binge watching Little Mermaid at the Salem Six Movieplex!

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Star Wars Trilogy (Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Taps
Sixteen Candles
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
WarGames