Since Shad Khan took over Jaguars, team value up more than $205 Million

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/20/6049563/jaguars-franchise-value-increase-forbes

I'm not gonna lie, I was more than a little disappointed when Kroenke swooped in at the eleventh hour and bought the Rams from under Khan's mustache. I can't help but feel the team would be in a better place with the stadium and in the St. Louis community if there was more stability and willingness on behalf of ownership to make the ST. LOUIS Rams successful and make the NFL flourish in ST. LOUIS. Instead, we get the nonchalance of Kroenke's regime hanging like a dark cloud over the city every home game.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/20/6049563/jaguars-franchise-value-increase-forbes

I'm not gonna lie, I was more than a little disappointed when Kroenke swooped in at the eleventh hour and bought the Rams from under Khan's mustache. I can't help but feel the team would be in a better place with the stadium and in the St. Louis community if there was more stability and willingness on behalf of ownership to make the ST. LOUIS Rams successful and make the NFL flourish in ST. LOUIS. Instead, we get the nonchalance of Kroenke's regime hanging like a dark cloud over the city every home game.
I think your read of Kroenke is way off,Khan seem to be doing a good job with that franchise ,but hiring Fisher and the rest of these guys who've done a masterful job of stocking this team with talent ,giving Fisher the coaching budget he wanted ,these things shouldn't go ignored because Stan is attempting to get the rest of the formula it takes to sustain competitiveness in the league and doesn't like to run his mouth and subject every word to the parsing of thousands of scribes looking for a slant on them,not to mention fan interpretation,such as your own.

I don't think Khan will be able to keep that team there and I have long thought if Stan moves out Shad very well could move into StL

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Stan has triple the money that Khan has...I'll always take the person with more revenue!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In Stan's own words..........as he was starting the process of buying out Chip and Lucia back in 2010.

"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," Kroenke told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "Just as I did everything that I could to bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. I believe my actions speak for themselves."

The comments are his first since announcing he wants to buy the 60 percent of the team he doesn't yet own.

"There's a track record," Kroenke told the newspaper. "I've always stepped up for pro football in St. Louis. And I'm stepping up one more time."

"I'm born and raised in Missouri," Kroenke told the newspaper. "I've been a Missourian for 60 years. People in our state know me. People know I can be trusted. People know I am an honorable guy."

69superbowl

Rookie
E. Stash definitely okey-doked Shad at the buzzer - which was his right as minority owner - but the Rams have the correct owner. Deeeep pockets, long time NFL cred and pull, and a proven major sports team owner. I have no idea what E. Stash is like personally, and I will sharply criticize disrespectful or boorish behavior out of the velvet owners box, but I'm glad he's our owner, so far. But yeah, Shad got a lesson in NFL finance that day. I was pulling for him too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Over the same period of time, The Rams' value has increased by $150 million despite not having the stadium situation resolved while the Jaguars have made improvements to their facilities and stadium.

Rams were worth $200 million in 1995 when the team first came to St Louis. The Rams are 4 1/2 times more valuable, and that is going through 10 years of no playoffs and a stadium situation as well.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Damn man just about every post I read of yours is negitive..... go get laid or somthing

moklerman

Warner-phile

While in my heart, I'd like to see the Rams move back to LA I don't even really consider it a mark against Kroenke(who I assume will keep the team in St. Louis). Kroenke is a GREAT owner. No complaints from me whatsoever. He has spent money, he is VERY rich and the Rams are in the best shape in terms of ownership that I've experienced as a Rams fan(since 1980).

Now, as much as I think Khan might have been a good owner too(anything was better than Georgia though so that's a bit of a loaded statement), I can't help but hold the Jaguars new uniforms against him. That's a MAJOR strike against him IMO. Those are the most hideous things I've ever seen and if he was owner of the Rams, there's no reason to think he wouldn't have okayed something similar for them. Also, Khan had to really stretch his limits to finance the Jaguars if I remember correctly. And, Khan seems like he's more of an attention seeker too. So, I'll take Kroenke over Khan for many reasons.

cracengl

Rookie
Stan has enabled Demoff and the other executives and personnel at Rams Park to do a lot of community outreach and to build a presence. From most accounts they've done a nice job. Kroenke pisses people off because he doesn't talk--but he could always be talking up a storm blowing smoke up everyone's ass, which would just serve to anger the community even more if he ever moves the team. My read on him is that he wants to keep the team here, but he's not going to treat it like a charity donation. If St. Louis wants to keep the Rams, they're going to have to pay up somehow.

Irish

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn man just about every post I read of yours is negitive..... go get laid or somthing

Don't confuse valid criticism with negativity. I am bullish on this team this year. Personal attacks are way cool.

And I do think that Stan is a better owner for the franchise, I just don't think he is the best owner for the situation in St. Louis. Now, if he comes out tomorrow and says he and the CVC have worked out an agreement to build a new stadium in St. Louis and makes a commitment to the region, than I am 100% behind Kroenke and he would be the clear cut best thing for St. Louis, but until he does that, he deserves every single ounce of skepticism and "perceived negativity" anyone in the region wishes to throw his way.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
In Stan's own words..........as he was starting the process of buying out Chip and Lucia back in 2010.

"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," Kroenke told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "Just as I did everything that I could to bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. I believe my actions speak for themselves."

The comments are his first since announcing he wants to buy the 60 percent of the team he doesn't yet own.

"There's a track record," Kroenke told the newspaper. "I've always stepped up for pro football in St. Louis. And I'm stepping up one more time."

"I'm born and raised in Missouri," Kroenke told the newspaper. "I've been a Missourian for 60 years. People in our state know me. People know I can be trusted. People know I am an honorable guy."
The Rams certainly aren't acting like a team getting ready to bolt out of town.
Stan has enabled Demoff and the other executives and personnel at Rams Park to do a lot of community outreach and to build a presence. From most accounts they've done a nice job. Kroenke pisses people off because he doesn't talk--but he could always be talking up a storm blowing smoke up everyone's ass, which would just serve to anger the community even more if he ever moves the team. My read on him is that he wants to keep the team here, but he's not going to treat it like a charity donation. If St. Louis wants to keep the Rams, they're going to have to pay up somehow.
Couldn't have said it better myself. What they've done for the McClure school district and teams the past few days has been pretty cool.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I Thank God Stan became the owner. Khan isn't even in Stan's league,,, not even close.

Now if you want to compare mustaches and hair... Khan would lead the pack. He wouldn't beat Stan in ANY other department though.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Don't confuse valid criticism with negativity. I am bullish on this team this year. Personal attacks are way cool.

And I do think that Stan is a better owner for the franchise, I just don't think he is the best owner for the situation in St. Louis. Now, if he comes out tomorrow and says he and the CVC have worked out an agreement to build a new stadium in St. Louis and makes a commitment to the region, than I am 100% behind Kroenke and he would be the clear cut best thing for St. Louis, but until he does that, he deserves every single ounce of skepticism and "perceived negativity" anyone in the region wishes to throw his way.
Some criticism? Okay. Any and all? I don't think so. If some fans can't see what this ownership/management group has been doing and the way they've been approaching things then I think it's their ignorance that is at fault, not Kroenke.

Basically, the fans of St. Louis that are being critical aren't giving him the benefit of doubt or doing their homework. What has Kroenke ever done to warrant doubt and criticism from the fan base there? He's the one who brought the team to St. Louis. It was his 40% buy-in that allowed the team to move there. He hasn't criticized the fans directly, cut back on spending or been absent from the community. He's made allowances and given extensions to the CVC to give them an opportunity to comply with the lease agreement.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Over the same period of time, The Rams' value has increased by $150 million despite not having the stadium situation resolved while the Jaguars have made improvements to their facilities and stadium.
Agreed,
"value" of Rams is only negative due to uncertainty of stadium, once settled, they will move right up the charts.

Side note, and question since you're a Floridian, has Jacksonville benefitted fan base wise (despite being awful) becasue the Dolphins and Tampa Bay franchises have been (almost) equally inept?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
My friends would make fun of me if Khan was our owner, so I'm glad he isn't. Any Ram fan who thinks than Kroenke is a bad owner has a VERY short memory. I dreamed of the day Georgia no longer owned the Rams, and now that those days are here, I'm enjoying them....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was very concerned about Khan taking ownership of the Rams. At the time, IIRR he would have barely been able to buy the 60%. I was flat out sick of Georgia and her siphoning of every last dime she could get out of the team. I knew Stan's history with the Nuggets in particular and knew from that he would not only put money into the team but work toward returning stability to the organization. And he has demonstrated with his pocket book that he will spend the money to build this team and it's ability to benefit the community.

I fully understand why fans in St Louis aren't yet ready to call him "best owner ever" because of the stadium issue but can you really blame him for not coming out and telling you the Rams are definitely not moving? Not only does that take away his main leverage, but the reality is that if the city/county/state doesn't step up, then the necessary partnership just isn't there and not even Stan's billions can change that. The CVC lost a very important case that essentially said that the dome doesn't even come close to satisfying the conditions of the agreement in order to extend the contract. The solution suggested by the CVC was not only insufficient but honestly laughable. If they would have presented something even remotely workable, I suspect we would have a deal in place already.

The idea that Khan would have been better for the Rams because he went to school at nearby Illinois is kind of a joke to me - especially in light of his buying the Jags. IMO, he was looking to buy a team - any team that he could afford. Meanwhile, he has openly leveraged a possible move to get $43 million from the city in stadium improvements while giving no written assurances he will actually keep the team in Jax. This is to a stadium that has hosted the Superbowl and was called the best football facility in the NFL just a few years ago.

So thinking that Khan would give the city of St Louis more assurances or stability than Stan is just not backed up by anything either one of them have actually done. What specifically has Khan done that makes anyone think he would have been better for our Rams? Anything?

MrMotes

Starter
I'll be impressed if Khan ever puts a winner on the field.

Khan has Kroenke envy, didn't he buy an English league soccer team too?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
After having Bill Bidwill as an owner who only looked at the profit he made, Stan's a real winner! He has competent people running the football side and does more through them than anyone else we've had here in STL! Love Stan!