Sign Earl Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams need a safety with sideline to sideline speed and great instincts.

I know Thomas isn’t young, and likely headed to Dallas but they could have used a player like that covering deep against the Chiefs. .

I don’t know if there is anyone comparable coming out in the draft but it’s clearly a need imo.

It’s also clear that Snead and Wade need to gear this defense towards being able to slow down the Chiefs for the next few years.

Psycho_X

Legend
I would like him for a few years. We need someone with better instincts at least. I don't know what Joyner is doing back there but every big Hill play had him deep defending and biting the opposite direction that Hill was going every time. I would rather Joyner just sold out on covering Hill deep every time and just hope our other secondary can keep their man locked or at the very least be close enough to tackle them after the catch. You can't let Hill go man to man and not expect to be burned 95% of the time.

Anyway, I digress, Thomas would be a great addition. Him and Talib would be a great tandem back there for a few years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guys been great for his career but he's going to be 30 coming off a huge injury and has been dinged up the last couple of years. So many red flags with ET and not sure he'd be worth the money he's likely to want.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I think the name of the game going forward for today’s NFL is adding playmakers on D who can create turnovers since that’s the only thing to stop these crazy offenses.. With that said, a guy like ET would look great back there, but he’s coming off injury and will be demanding big money, probably something in the ballpark or higher than what Joyner will get. Plus, while he’s a great leader and ultra competitive, he’s also a headcase who’s not afraid to rub his own players/coaches the wrong way, so he may not be a good fit for the “We not me” culture.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Saw Cards are releasing CB Jamar Taylor... he might be claimed, but if not can he help? Haven't followed his career at all.

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
I'd love that one but would also like to see if we can snatch Ramsey out of Jax and Collins from NYG.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would like him for a few years. We need someone with better instincts at least. I don't know what Joyner is doing back there but every big Hill play had him deep defending and biting the opposite direction that Hill was going every time. I would rather Joyner just sold out on covering Hill deep every time and just hope our other secondary can keep their man locked or at the very least be close enough to tackle them after the catch. You can't let Hill go man to man and not expect to be burned 95% of the time.

Anyway, I digress, Thomas would be a great addition. Him and Talib would be a great tandem back there for a few years.

We saw that in the second half. They were doubling Hill. It took him away for the most part but then Kelce started to get free.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I doubt the Rams will have a shot at Deionte Thompson, from Alabama but I think he’d be an upgrade over Joyner. Maybe Lucas Dennis from Boston College would be an option.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams need a safety with sideline to sideline speed and great instincts.

I know Thomas isn’t young, and likely headed to Dallas but they could have used a player like that covering deep against the Chiefs. .

I don’t know if there is anyone comparable coming out in the draft but it’s clearly a need imo.

It’s also clear that Snead and Wade need to gear this defense towards being able to slow down the Chiefs for the next few years.
Earl Thomas---yes, I kind of agree......he is worth 11 mill......

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Joyner is simply terrible in the instincts department. That first TD for the Chiefs you had HILL blowing past Shields right in Joyner's face and streaking to the endzone and somehow he lets the QB freeze him with his eyes?

C'MON MAN! Our CBs have struggled in their matchups with Talib out. But FS play has made things even worse by hanging those guys out to dry way more often than they should have been. It might be the worst position on our defense. So yeah, if they think Thomas can help us, I am all for his addition.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I’m willing to bet, based on Need and Demand, our first pick will either be a pass rusher or corner.. get a young gun for 4 yrs cheap at a premium, costly position.. that’ll allow us to lock up our other top talent.. only other guess would be a trade for a premium player ie Cooks all over again, but I don’t think we’ll have the cap sitstuion like we did when we first made that trade.. Ramsey would be a PIPE dream!

RamWoodie

Legend
I think you go with what you've got. Let them play. Joyner also made smores good plays.

Good leadership is returning in Talib.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think Snead carpet bombs the secondary in this draft. High picks at CB & S, and another CB later.

Who knows what picks we have after Snead moves around with trades.

Although a DT in the 1st is very possible with good value likely there end of round 1 early round 2. Guessing he moves back into round 2 for another early 3rd.

So something like this...

2 - NT Need a dynamic NT for run/pass
3 - CB
3 - S - Joyner replacement
3 - LB - Competition for Kiser at ILB
4 - CB
5 - OG - Comp for Allen
6 - 5DT - Depth.. Westbrook is a FA
7 - TE

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I think Snead carpet bombs the secondary in this draft. High picks at CB & S, and another CB later.

Who knows what picks we have after Snead moves around with trades.

Although a DT in the 1st is very possible with good value likely there end of round 1 early round 2. Guessing he moves back into round 2 for another early 3rd.

So something like this...

2 - NT Need a dynamic NT for run/pass
3 - CB
3 - S - Joyner replacement
3 - LB - Competition for Kiser at ILB
4 - CB
5 - OG - Comp for Allen
6 - 5DT - Depth.. Westbrook is a FA
7 - TE
Between the draft and free agency, easy peasy.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m willing to bet, based on Need and Demand, our first pick will either be a pass rusher or corner.. get a young gun for 4 yrs cheap at a premium, costly position.. that’ll allow us to lock up our other top talent.. only other guess would be a trade for a premium player ie Cooks all over again, but I don’t think we’ll have the cap sitstuion like we did when we first made that trade.. Ramsey would be a PIPE dream!

Offenses are ALREADY respecting Fowler and Ebukam isn’t a fluke. Obo is legit. We need NT, ILB, and CB

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Offenses are ALREADY respecting Fowler and Ebukam isn’t a fluke. Obo is legit. We need NT, ILB, and CB

True true, but an NT in the first round when the NFL is pass-heavy would probably grade poorly unless it’s another Donald.. agreed tho, LB or CB..

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Losing both our NT's to 2019 UFA's will create a very large HOLE. Rookie 6th rd'er Sebastian Jospeh Day has yet to dress for a game & 2nd yr 3 tech Tandel Smart is playing more so that says something about SJD. :(. DT Brockers is a UFA in 2020 & has not had the season expected when playing with Aaron Donald & Suh. So he is even a question mark:notsure:. Rookie John Franklin Myers apears to be playing better than Brockers already. So this front DL is sure to face some major changes & if not addressed will be seriously depleted.

Three of last nights starters {FS/CB}Joyner/ CB Shields & CB Troy Hill will be UFA's. Several corners are a must in the draft. Safety JJ III can fill Joyner's deep safety post. Either Blake Countess or Margui Christian will be forced to fill the vacant Strong safety post until one of Sneads drafted rooke safeties is ready to start.

Snead might be able to get by with Cory Littleton taking the play making Mark Barron post with Travin Howard as back up. The MLB'er post could be filled by either resigning Bryce Hager or Micah Kiser stepping into the starting post. But another MLB'er taken in the draft might be a good thing if he can bring the hit with a tackle. A Big decision will need to be made on UFA OLB Dante Fowler. The signed OLB'er cadre of Samson Ebukam, Justin Lawler, Og Okoronkwo & Trevon Young will have to improve greatly.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
True true, but an NT in the first round when the NFL is pass-heavy would probably grade poorly unless it’s another Donald.. agreed tho, LB or CB..

That wasn’t in draft order. I’d go in order if it plays out CB, ILB, NT