Sick Burn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Texans vs Titans

Oh boy.
The Titans got approval this year to wear their old Houston Oilers uniform again. This might not mean much for you younger folks since you don't remember the Dan Pastorini/Earl Campbell Oilers in the 70's and how beloved they were in Houston. I lived there in the late 70's and remember the fanaticism about the "Earlers" and Bum Phillips. It looks like the Titans organization is ripping open the wound again by playing the new team from Houston wearing their "Luve Ya Blue" colors again. The Oilers owner guaranteed that no other team in Houston could use the Oilers uniform again after it relocated to Tennessee. It didn't matter much back then because people were so pissed, but now Warren Moon and other old Oilers are excited to see the Titans resurrecting their old colors, even though it's gonna destroy their old fans in Houston.

As one sports announcer said, it's a good thing the game is in Nashville instead of Houston, or cutlery might be involved.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Those "Luve ya Blue" unis are in my top 5 all time. I fucking love those.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sweet Uniforms ...

1702741681252.png

1702741758116.png

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Franchise removal is the worst thing that goes on in pro sports. It's sad fans just go along with it and encourage it. Too bad teams aren't more publicly owned by their stated and marketed localities (aka Packers) instead of singular, capricious owners.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I like the color of the helmets. I don't remember those....
You're too young to remember that.

The Oilers went through a couple versions, with the silver being replaced by a blue version.

Here is future Ram Dan Pastorini

1702744924468.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're too young to remember that.

The Oilers went through a couple versions, with the silver being replaced by a blue version.

Here is future Ram Dan Pastorini

View attachment 62941
Well, I remember some old AFL teams, but the Oilers weren't on my radar unless they were Super Bowl winners I watched who the Rams played, mostly.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well, I remember some old AFL teams, but the Oilers weren't on my radar unless they were Super Bowl winners I watched who the Rams played, mostly.
Even as a young man, you had your priorities (the Rams) in order. Bravo!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Never cared for their colors or emblem but they were iconic and the name "Oilers" being lost was not good for the league. It's nice to have familiar and shitty looking enemies to trounce.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never cared for their colors or emblem but they were iconic and the name "Oilers" being lost was not good for the league. It's nice to have familiar and shitty looking enemies to trounce.
"HATER!" ~ Billy White Shoes Johnson

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Franchise removal is the worst thing that goes on in pro sports. It's sad fans just go along with it and encourage it. Too bad teams aren't more publicly owned by their stated and marketed localities (aka Packers) instead of singular, capricious owners.
YOUSONOFA ~ Silent Stan

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Are you kidding me here? The name "oilers" would have been run out of the league a long time ago with all the climate change nut job zombies in the world. And an oil rig on the helmet? Haha, the horror.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Are you kidding me here? The name "oilers" would have been run out of the league a long time ago with all the climate change nut job zombies in the world. And an oil rig on the helmet? Haha, the horror.

Maybe but Nut-Job Zombies might be a cool team name for an Expansion Team.

And, introducing your Oklahoma City Nut-Job Zombies ... that's not bad.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Which is precisely why we need them.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe but Nut-Job Zombies might be a cool team name for an Expansion Team.

And, introducing your Oklahoma City Nut-Job Zombies ... that's not bad.

Someone will start a petition saying they're making fun of the undead.