Show Me The Answer!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Maybe the moderators can link these two threads. (I couldn't wait until tomorrow.) In answer to the poll: Who was the current Ram that was partial inspiration for the movie line from Jerry Maguire?

TJ McDonald!

You see, in 1996 when writer/director Cameron Crowe was doing his research for the movie, Crowe was following Arizona Cardinal Defensive back Tim McDonald around, according to an article in the Toronto Sun,
"He was actually at an owners meeting to be paraded through the lobby to get his price up, because he was a free agent," Crowe said, "He said, I've got a wife and I've got kids ( Including five-year-old TJ :LOL: ) and I've been beaten up for five years here in Phoenix, and now I'm a free agent. Show me the money."

Tim-McDonald-1990-Score-127-Rookie-Card-St_-Louis-Cardinals.jpg

And so, a classic movie line was born. and now it is Tim Jr. having his day. He is one of my favorite players on our defense. I look for him to put all his legal troubles behind him and have a great year, playing once again in his old stomping grounds in the LA Colliseum.

And next year? When his contract is up? With his wife and kids in mind, the apple may not fall far from the tree, as some Hollywood director just might overhear TJ say....

show me.jpg

"Show me the money!"

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe the moderators can link these two threads. (I couldn't wait until tomorrow.) In answer to the poll: Who was the current Ram that was partial inspiration for the movie line from Jerry Maguire?

TJ McDonald!

You see, in 1996 when writer/director Cameron Crowe was doing his research for the movie, Crowe was following Arizona Cardinal Defensive back Tim McDonald around, according to an article in the Toronto Sun,
"He was actually at an owners meeting to be paraded through the lobby to get his price up, because he was a free agent," Crowe said, "He said, I've got a wife and I've got kids ( Including five-year-old TJ :LOL: ) and I've been beaten up for five years here in Phoenix, and now I'm a free agent. Show me the money."

View attachment 15331
"YES!!" I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!!:banana:

And so, a classic movie line was born. and now it is Tim Jr. having his day. He is one of my favorite players on our defense. I look for him to put all his legal troubles behind him and have a great year, playing once again in his old stomping grounds in the LA Colliseum.

And next year? When his contract is up? With his wife and kids in mind, the apple may not fall far from the tree, as some Hollywood director just might overhear TJ say....

View attachment 15330

"Show me the money!"
Like Father, Like son!

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What does the J stand for I could not find it and when I seen TJ i assumed it was our TJ and not his dad Tim?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What does the J stand for I could not find it and when I seen TJ i assumed it was our TJ and not his dad Tim?
My understanding is it is just Tim Jr. Thus "TJ" is what he went by.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My understanding is it is just Tim Jr. Thus "TJ" is what he went by.
I thought you were talking about his dad Tim Sr but now I see what you did.
"He said, I've got a wife and I've got kids ( Including five-year-old TJ :LOL: ) and I've been beaten up for five years here in Phoenix, and now I'm a free agent. Show me the money."
So Dad Tim said I got kids and one of those kids was TJ! :rimshot:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I thought you were talking about his dad Tim Sr but now I see what you did.
"He said, I've got a wife and I've got kids ( Including five-year-old TJ :LOL: ) and I've been beaten up for five years here in Phoenix, and now I'm a free agent. Show me the money."
So Dad Tim said I got kids and one of those kids was TJ! :rimshot:
Oh sorry if that was confusing. :cheers:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Now if I caught on... well, I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'.
Maybe I can change my screen name to Knucklehead II ?

:argue: The sequel is never as good as the original.
:argue:I thought it was "the movie is not as good as the book."
:argue:Yeah well, let's just call them both knuckleheads and call it a day!
:rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

tempests

Hall of Fame

You see, in 1996 when writer/director Cameron Crowe was doing his research for the movie, Crowe was following Arizona Cardinal Defensive back Tim McDonald around, according to an article in the Toronto Sun

It would've had to have been 1993, he was a free agent then.

TJs dad was a dirty Niner in 96. In the infamous SOSAR video he's one of the players laughing it up.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
It would've had to have been 1993, he was a free agent then.

TJs dad was a dirty Niner in 96. In the infamous SOSAR video he's one of the players laughing it up.
The article said '96. That may have been when it was written. I didn't verify the years. So TJ was only 2? :LOL:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

TJ McDonald!

View attachment 15331

View attachment 15330

"Show me the money!"

If you go back to your poll... just click on "11 votes" in the TJ selection and you will see everyone who choose correctly.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
If you go back to your poll... just click on "11 votes" in the TJ selection and you will see everyone who choose correctly.
Oh cool. Thanks Selassie I

Edit: I see you were the first winner listed! Would you like your full body rub down from our moderators, or a box of ice cream sandwiches?

All kidding aside, did you know the story?

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Oh cool. Thanks Selassie I

Edit: I see you were the first winner listed! Would you like your full body rub down from our moderators, or a box of ice cream sandwiches?

All kidding aside, did you know the story?

Yes, I had already heard that cool story. Thanks for posting it.

Guess I'll just have to go ahead and treat MYSELF to a full body massage. ;)