Should we worry about Kyren’s fumbles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is it a concern?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Keep giving him the ball.
The 2nd fumble was more of a really good play by the defense.
Not worried at this point. He is that good, a real gem.
Watching him, his patience is a wonderful thing to see develop. When he has that little hesitation 2 steps after he gets the ball, good thing frequently happen.

Also, him, Kupp, Puka and a few others are kinda proving one of my football 101 theories. You can find very good skill position players in the mid to even late rounds. Its the 6'5" 330lb men with long arms and ballerina feet that you do not find in the later rounds.
Draft those men and quarterbacks high . O line is the most important unit on a football team. We are seeing right now what decent O line can do. Imagine what a DOMINATE O line can do.

TexasRam

Legend
I worry about the defenders after they face Kyren Williams.

I worry about their mental health, their sense of self worth and their ability to overcome such trauma.

I fear for their families and the uptick in road rage following the game.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm not worried in the slightest. Better to get it out of his system now than against a good team.

Let's not forget he had over 150 yards on the ground and a touchdown. The fumbles sucked, but he had an incredibly good game other than that.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Gurley had a season where he had a fumbling problem, but that was one season and he was golden after that. I'll give Williams a pass.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I don't know how people are not concerned. He has missed several games to injury. With that in mind, his fumble stats are concerning, he is fumbling too much. I think he has lost a couple the Rams recovered too. And it is even more concerning when you consider the INTs that were his fault (a few catches that should have been easy bouncing right off his hands, and into the hands of a defender).

Williams is a great RB. I like him a lot. But the ball security issues, combined with his slight frame, makes me think he is best suited as a 1A with a 1B alongside him rather than a pure bell cow. I'd keep drafting RBs in the mid rounds if Evans cannot be the guy.

He also often does a poor job protecting the football as he runs. I have noticed it for several games and I believe Sean called it out post-game this week. So it is for sure a concern. Another posted made the point that defenders may start trying to rip the ball out now, as he develops a fumbling rep, instead of wrapping him up, and that if Williams can shore up his ball security and adjust, he will start destroying those defenders and running right past time. That is my hope!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think this is something that's correctable. He just needs to squeeze harder when bodies are around him, and keep doing so as he's hitting the ground. He doesn't tote the thing like Shady McCoy.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
When? He hadn't yet this year that I can recall. That's why I'm not worried - I think he's the type that doesn't fumble, so having these should ensure it doesn't happen again
He had one going into yesterday.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No. Because Williams is a guy who is not only talented but will work hard to fix it.

What you should be worried about is aliens. And their exotic cookbooks.