Should we be concerned?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
If that was game 3 and the starters looked bad, I'd be concerned. So don't panic just yet.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@PhxRam @Prime Time

can we pleas have a rod purgatory subforum... just so we can put OP's like this one in it?

2gu9lxs.jpg

ausmurp

Starter
You're concerned about a run D that was missing its most vital pieces in JL and Brockers as well as Langford and our 2 starting CBs. Not to mention Dunbar played out of position and Quinn only played a handful of snaps.

And flags? How many of those were from starters? The majority of the guys making those mistakes won't even be making the team or get significant PT if they do

I think concern is valid, our LB depth is NOT GOOD. Especially hurts when Cardinals shut another team down, showing that they have very good depth on D in general. I'm concerned too. We need better depth.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I am never taking high stock in preseason games where the starters are sitting down. Take that for what it is worth guys.

Ramatik

Starter
Nah, not at all. In fact, I thought the first quarter was pretty good. I think this defense is going to be awesome this year.

cracengl

Rookie
I'll be more concerned if/when it carries into the season. You don't know where you stand until you get in some games and see what needs improved. That's one of the reasons for the preseason. That said, I've seen things like this happen in preseason and said and heard the same kinds of justifications and excuses only to see the same thing on Sundays. I'm going to be hopeful that those were products of the dark years. It also seems like all of that potential the FO is holding out for in linebacker depth better start to come to fruition real quick if they are ever shoved into duty.

MauiRam

Rookie
There's a lot to be said for game planning - if not, 32 teams wouldn't be doing it week in and week out during the regular season. It will be interesting to see how well we are able to stuff the run against the likes of Eddie Lacy next Saturday. It is easy to forget, that the purpose of these "preseason games" are largely played so teams can find out which of the 30 - 40 players on a 90 man roster will be the chosen few, and actually make the final 53 - not to mention a few that can be stashed on the practice squad.

As it is, we nearly won the game if not for a bumbled snap, and a couple of misses by Legatron. First game of the preseason - I am not going to read too much into it. I believe we had a decent outing even with our scrubs rightly getting the lion's share of the work , so it's not like the Saints wiped the floor with us .. Fish said it best when asked about preseason "game planning." "We are going to run, block, and tackle." I like that plan. We can save the sophisticated planning for the games that count. My two cents ..