Should the Rams still draft a QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the Rams draft a QB in the upcoming draft?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Given the trade, the Rams current QB depth is: Foles, Davis, and Keenum.

That doesn't give me huge amounts of confidence, but it is more than we had Week 1 of the 2014 regular season.
Now i get that some people will really like Foles, and think he should immediately be unquestioned starter, and i understand that, the Rams wouldn't have traded for Foles if they didn't think he could start. I also think he could be that if he can get back to previous(2013) levels of play.
However, if Foles starts badly, like he did last year, or happens to get injured again, like last year, our backup plan at the position is, if anything, worse than it was a year ago.

So, my question is: should the Rams still be targeting a QB in the early-mid rounds(2nd-4th) as insurance?
Please vote, and explain why below :)

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we can depend on foles long term of he's good. He broke a collarbone which isn't an easy thing to do. Other than that, he's been pretty healthy. Bradford has had a litany of injuries from his acl, to his ankle sprain, to that shoulder that he would clutch sometimes after taking a sack. I think at the very least, a 10 game starter caliber backup is not a necessity.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
With Foles only signed for next season yes.
But Only a top prospect. If Mariota is there at 10 or can be had for a reasonable trade up they should go for it. Maybe Hundley in the 2nd, but doubtful.
The rest of the QB class ? Do they project any higher than Davis or Keenum? Not really. They look like a bunch of career back ups not playoff QB's

lockdnram21

Legend
No we bought our self a year at least. If he's bad in 2016 we have 2 second round picks and there should be a better selection

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'll readily admit I was trying to sell myself on these QBs in the draft. I don't feel like I have to do that now. If a Hundley or Petty falls to the 5th round, sure, maybe, but otherwise - no.

Yeah, I said 5th round. ;)

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes (whether early or not depends on who is available when). But I'm of the Mike Martz mindset that you should draft one every year. No guarantee that 1) Foles is the answer or 2) That we are able to lock him up long term if he is.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Foles can return to his 2013 form, we'll be fine. I would love to see him pass for 7 TD's in a game for us!
We are really going to have some competition for the #2 spot, I'm betting on Keenum! (OOPS! Do I have enough money to make a Bet!)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I wouldn't unless winston or marriota fell to us but even then I would look for a good trade down and get some picks for next year that way if Foles doesn't pan out we could have 2 first and 2 2nd rounders next year to move up and get the QB we want

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If there is one they think can become an NFL starter then yes they should. Foles is a Free agent next year. Why take a chance?

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Yes, with all 3 QB's contracts expiring after next year, you have to be looking toward the future. I'd still be looking at drafting Mariota at #10 if he landed there. After that I'd certainly be looking at taking one if he were deemed worthy of the selection slot. QB's are the currency of the NFL, you can never have enough good ones.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If the right guy is there at the right position of course. There is no guarantee with Foles and he is a FA next year. If a guy like Petty is available in the 4th and the FO likes him then you make the move. I would not go out of my way to pursue anyone in this draft, but if the right guy fell to me I would draft a QB.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
In my perfect world Brett Hundley would drop to the 2nd round (not gonna happen tho)

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I would say yes depending on who's there. If we do draft a qb, he'd have to be able to unseat Keenum or Davis on the depth chart because we won't be able to stash him on the practice squad. We can't spend even a 4th rd pick and not have them on the team.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I'll readily admit I was trying to sell myself on these QBs in the draft. I don't feel like I have to do that now. If a Hundley or Petty falls to the 5th round, sure, maybe, but otherwise - no.

Yeah, I said 5th round. ;)

You mean the 4th round? Rams traded the 5th round for the 4th round with the Eagles. I think I would prefer Garret Grayson (Colorado St.) in the 3rd or 4th round. Colorado State ran a Pro style offense and he may be more prepared to enter a game as a back up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure. If there's value. Like if Mariota or Winston drops to #10.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yes, yes, yes, unless you love, love, love, Case Keenum.