Should the NFL allow more fun/creative jerseys?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the NFL allow more creativity in their jerseys, similar to the NBA City Jerseys?

• Total voters

bluecoconuts

Legend
The NFL is known for being super strict about their uniforms, from limits on designs to their one shell rule, they have a lot of control.

However, I came across some guy who did some redesign uniforms and logos, and he had a theme with jerseys that had something to do with their city, and some of them were pretty interesting, which got me thinking. Should the NFL allow this? NFL teams already do fan appreciation games for their home fans, what if they wore special city specific jerseys for that game?

Here are some of the concepts that the guy came up with for city inspired uniforms.

Some of his uniforms are pretty out there like the changes he made for Houston in terms of their logo and design. However, that NASA inspired combination is what made me think it's not a bad idea.

0052de97282135.5ec1ad89dced9.png

Miami's don't say traditional football, but it does says "Miami" and I could see fans digging it.

c5cf0197282135.5ec1ad89e1040.png

With news that the Redskins are likely changing their names, this isn't a bad idea.. But that's not really what I care about here (so lets not pay attention to that)..
I just love anything P-51 related and the P-51 themed uniform looks awesome to me. Unfortunately he didn't do this sort of theme for the Jets, even though it fits perfectly for them already, otherwise I would have gone with them.

847a2197282135.5ec1ad89e5357.png

And last but certainly not least, Los Angeles.

I'm not going to get into the uniforms and the logos other than obviously yes, the third jersey is very interesting to me. It definitely has an LA/Hollywood vibe, and the gold doesn't look too bad.

d7dd3f97282135.5ec1ad89e3e6c.png

Obviously these types of uniforms aren't traditional, and there are a lot of traditionalists out there, and on here. There's also the issue of potentially having nonlocal fans feel more alienated by these types of themes, but they could really be anything, from super classic throwbacks, to having the uniform be an NFL version of another local team (Lakers, Dodgers, etc), or something else entirely, the point would be that once a year the NFL would allow more fun and creativity with their uniforms, more than just "Oh you can be a highlighter with this color rush theme".

What say the minds of ROD?

*Edit*

Here are some other sorts of ideas.

Browns and Packers both have a very classic football theme in their third jersey that I like as well.

02346397282135.5ec1ad89e2ab3.png

3ec65697282135.5ec1ad89dd4e2.png

He gave Atlanta a uniform that is "inspired by the days of Deion Sanders." which would be pretty wild, but I bet fans in Atlanta would love.

3a1e4997282135.5ec1ad89e3221.png

Arizona has an Arizona flag theme.

36aab497282135.5ec1ad89e03d8.png

Just more creativity. Or should they be more traditional?

And I almost forgot, link to the creator and his other stuff.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Probably the most vomit inducing uni concepts I have ever seen..... If I'm being honest. :)

Ram65

Legend
I'm not seeing any city connection on those uniforms. I not fan of them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’m on the fence with this stuff. Couldn’t bring myself to vote... yet. lol.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I like all of it except the “D” on the third Dolphins helmet and uniform combination. Mix it up, have some fun with it!

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m on the fence with this stuff. Couldn’t bring myself to vote... yet. lol.

I think it's good to have a little more fun with it, I thought the NASA inspired Houston one was really cool, but it seems I'm in the minority! I like when players are having fun and there's more personality involved though.

MolaRam

UDFA
Can we do this...

d7dd3f97282135.5ec1ad89e3e6c2.jpg

....except in Blue and Yellow? And ditch the new Ram head?

That's all that's needed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

What do you mean by this? Can you elaborate?