Shields

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Our entire secondary got burned or was out of place. Im hoping its just bc of the short week. No reason you let Theilen open as many times as they did.

They schemed us like we schemed them. Add to that the short week where our D was pretty tired and going up against another top offense having a career day and we just ended up in a high scoring game.

Goff dropped almost a roll full of dimes and Cousins wasn't all that far behind.

Yes, our D had some coverage issues, but some of that may have been the unknown of Peters, as well.

All I know is that our D isn't going to give up 31 a game or anywhere close to it and we look to be getting guys back either right before the KC game or just after in prep for the playoff run, so I'm not sweating it.

Heck, the Pats have made a living working out the D during the regular season only to be downright stingy in the playoffs.

I think that's us this year. A few games get away from us, but come playoff time, this defense will be stingy.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I respect so many of your prior posts that I'm going to ignore your calling my statements asinine.

I also disagree with your claim that I can't tell from watching the game, since I've been watching Rams football for almost 5 decades, and am absolutely certain that what I felt during the game, and what I confirmed afterwards, was a guy AVOIDING contact. I only broke down one play! Be thankful I didn't show the one where he grabbed a defender and held him to avoid tackling COUSINS! The QB!

However, if you want to continue to feel like I'm treating him unfairly, just ignore my various compliments on his play otherwise. You should also ignore my comments about hoping he overcomes this.
I don't think your pictures and cute little bubbles show what you are wanting to relay. I remember the play as I think he could have taken a better angle to head off the first down. What I saw however was him not wanting to go at the runner while taking a head on course with Christian - who was already bringing the runner down. You may think that it would have stopped the first down or showed you some sort of cowardice but I thought it was smart as I have seen numerous helmet to helmets from just that kind of play. But what I have a real problem with is you insinuating he was intentionally positioning himself to be blocked in order to not make a play.

Be thankful? Show all the plays you want. If you can actually demonstrate it, I'll tip my hat. But I watched the entire game and have been a Rams fan since '67 - so yeah - I've watched a bit of football over the years as well.

I mean hell - Joyner gave up about 7 yards repositioning himself so that he could make a more sure tackle on a TE. Giving up those yards quite possibly meant the TE didn't just run through him for a huge gain. It was rough to watch but it made sense what he did. And I think it would be stupid for Shields to risk himself and Christian when he was not in position to greatly affect the play. Live to fight another day. I remember one of the big knocks against McDonald was that he injured our own players by playing harder than smart. We now have mostly smart football players on our team. Shields is one of them.