Shannon Sharpe on Belichick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[flv]http://ramsondemand.com/video/sharpe.mp4[/flv]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/2 ... 17930.html

When the New England Patriots lost to the Baltimore Ravens during the regular season, Bill Belichick harangued a referee as he left the field. After his team lost again to the Ravens, this time in the AFC Championship Game, he avoided talking altogether.

Belichick declined a postgame interview with Steve Tasker of CBS after the 28-13 defeat.

That didn't sit well with CBS analyst Shannon Sharpe, who called out the surly Patriots coach.

"There's something to be said about being gracious in defeat. We've seen the New England Patriots, five times of the last 12 years, be victorious. And we've seen the opposing coaches that lost, come out and talk to our Steve Tasker," Shapre said. "We saw coach Cowher when they lost. We saw this last year. Bill Belichick makes it real easy to root against the Patriots. You can't be a poor sport all the time. You're not going to win all the time."

Sharpe wasn't the only one who noticed Belichick declining a postgame interview. It seemed like Sharpe wasn't the only one who has seen enough of the hoodie's act.

@TimBrando Tim Brando
Thanks to Shannon Sharpe for saying what should have been said a long time ago. The inability to be gracious is defeat is a character flaw!

@richarddeitsch Richard Deitsch
I don't normally love Shannon Sharpe but he absolutely delivered on Bill Belichick's refusal to do a post-game with CBS. Bravo.

@PriscoCBS Pete Prisco
Sharpe ripping Belichick. I love it

@vitostellino Vito Stellino
RT @edgaryn: “@Eric_Edholm: RT @vitostellino: Belichick declined CBS post game interview.” Sharpe nailed this. Win/w class lose with it too

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shannon Sharpe is now my favorite sports analyst. Thank you so much for calling out that hoodie-wearing punk.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sucha pouty bitch. :nono:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I got nuthin to say in Belicek's defense, Sharpe is entirely correct that "BB the baby" has spent plenty of time vanquishing people more gracious in defeat than he.

It's clear he is psychologicaly challenged and unable to deal with failure.
Maybe it's why he is willing to cheat to win

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Belichick is a cheat and a fraud. Him and Brady are no Steel Curtain or Cowboys of the 70's.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
At the same time, there's such a thing as being good winners.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -patriots/

It's what turns me off the most from the Ravens.

It's weird, in SF the players are so much classier but their coach is, well you know.

But, it's just one player from them. The rest are ummm...OK. OK Ray Rice, I'll root for that guy.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Simply stated, belichick is an arrogant a$$hole. I am really surprised that Kraft continues to allow this guy to act the way he does. IMO, he has always appeared to be above the team, and the league. Sharpe said it best, that a guy like this makes rooting against the patriots that much easier. I think most can agree that he is a good coach (damn that hurt), but his arrogance is what will drive this team down. Players will eventually get sick of his style and stop drinking his kool-aid. My guess is the patriots will be just another middle-of-the-pack team within the next couple years and which will last for a long time.

#belicheatsucks

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The bitch hoodie is still just pissed he can't win the big game if he hasn't recorded everything the other team is going to do. Back to your mom's basement to pout there hoodie troll.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well,,, I gotta admit.

When the news came out in the post game stuff that B-cheat refusing to come out of his hole to do an interview,,, The roar of laughter coming out of my living room was very similar to what the sonic boom sounds like when the shuttle used to land at Cape Canaveral. My sons and I laughed so hard about his little girl tantrum that our stomachs were hurting.

Laughs like those don't happen as often as they should,,, they should be cherished.

Thanks B-cheat.

Speeps

Starter
Jim Harbaugh didn't talk to the media after defeat last season, he also didn't speak to them after a victory this season.

Ram_of_Old

This is the same guy who stormed off the field before the game was over when the Giants ruined his perfect season. The guys on PTI slammed him as well. He is the jerk of jerks among NFL coaches. Like Suggs said, "it is funny how they haven't won a SB since they were caught cheating."

I am beginning to like these Ravens!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram_of_Old said:
This is the same guy who stormed off the field before the game was over when the Giants ruined his perfect season. The guys on PTI slammed him as well. He is the jerk of jerks among NFL coaches. Like Suggs said, "it is funny how they haven't won a SB since they were caught cheating."

I am beginning to like these Ravens!

Yes!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Well,,, I gotta admit.

When the news came out in the post game stuff that B-cheat refusing to come out of his hole to do an interview,,, The roar of laughter coming out of my living room was very similar to what the sonic boom sounds like when the shuttle used to land at Cape Canaveral. My sons and I laughed so hard about his little girl tantrum that our stomachs were hurting.

Laughs like those don't happen as often as they should,,, they should be cherished.

Thanks B-cheat.

:mrgreen: :rofl: :lmao:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I still like their players. Only reason I was going for them vs. Ravens.

Ram_of_Old

Angry Ram said:
I still like their players. Only reason I was going for them vs. Ravens.

The Ravens are a bunch of thugs and the Whiners are the Whiners. I will take a long nap and catch the final score. I owe the Giants cause they beat the Putriots twice in the SB. I owe the Ravens cause they kept the Putriots out of the SB. But I cannot root for Ray Lewis and his thugs.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Speaking of Ray Ray...

Is it true that he majored in Drama while attending the University of Miami ?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
GreeneCounty said:
Selassie I said:
Speaking of Ray Ray...

Is it true that he majored in Drama while attending the University of Miami ?

In a courthouse for attempted murder.

University of Miami... Couthouse... Nit picking ain't yuh?

:pokeu: X