Shane Ray cited for possession of Marijuana this morning

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
What an idiot. Just days before the draft. How stupid can you be?

That being said, he's in position for a huge fall in this draft, and since we apparently want another DE, maybe we could scoop him up with a value pick.

V3

Hall of Fame
I sure hope Fisher doesn't get any ideas if he slips now.

Athos

Legend
:palm:

When YOU are the one to get caught for possession of pot and NOT DGB,

You KNOW you are a fucking retard.

Way to rep MU, Shane.

Very disappointed.

V3

Hall of Fame
:palm:

When YOU are the one to get caught for possession of pot and NOT DGB,

You KNOW you are a freaking retard.

Way to rep MU, Shane.

Very disappointed.
I think they might be lacing the weed in Columbia with crack or something. They can't stop themselves.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There goes a Multi Million Dollar contract "Up-In-Smoke!!"

howski3318

Rookie
Maybe I'm just more attentive since I live in Missouri but damn how many of their good players continue to make stupid decisions?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If he falls to #41, there's no reason not to scoop him up right then and there. I don't care about the marijuana charge as much as Gregory (because unlike Gregory, Ray never had a positive test at the Combine). When healthy, he has legit 4.4 speed, a nose for the quarterback, and while he isn't the ideal left end, put him next to Brockers and watch him shine.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With the 10th pick in the 2015 nfl draft the St Louis Rams pick Shane Ray DE missouri. I can see it now

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fisher can not help himself even on RDE Shane Ray. News from his medical issue & now his desire to get a buzz just before the draft.

I bet you all my ROD cash, Fisher is looking hard at him but not @ #10. We are stacked @ DE's on this roster! But we do have some upcoming elements that might figure in here with the fast falling small dumb but super talented Ray.

Long (30) & Hayes(30) had health issues & surgeries rehabbing events in 2014. Both tote a very high cap cost Long will cost $12.5 mil in 2015 7 $14.3 mil in 2016. Back up Hayes will get $4.4 mil ....that's a lot for a back up. the back up to Hayes is Eugene Sims (29)& Sims is due to land $ 1.2 mil. There's a boat load of cap cash in those three. I expect some big changes after this season.

Starting RDE Rob Quinn has shown that he can hold up against the run as well as the pass. Don't think that Fisher would have any issues with flipping the well rounded Quinn to the LDE post & inserting Ray @ RDE in 2016 at the same time unloading 3 over 30 DE's & saving a ton of cap salary money to help us to sign up our large Ram cadre 2015 UFA's.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ray is ay overrated. He has one game and that is speed and it won't be enough in the NFL. He is way too light for my liking. When you take a guy with one dominant part to his game, like in this case pass rush and he has a deficiency in another, like stopping the run, then he equals out to being an average player.

If Snead took him based on playing him on sure passing downs only then he would be a part time player taken in round 1 or 2. I'd rather have guys like Hayes and Simms taken in later rounds and get full time players early in the draft.

I sure hope the Rams pass on this clown.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ray is ay overrated. He has one game and that is speed and it won't be enough in the NFL. He is way too light for my liking. When you take a guy with one dominant part to his game, like in this case pass rush and he has a deficiency in another, like stopping the run, then he equals out to being an average player.

If Snead took him based on playing him on sure passing downs only then he would be a part time player taken in round 1 or 2. I'd rather have guys like Hayes and Simms taken in later rounds and get full time players early in the draft.

Isn't that what experts said about Robert Quinn? Isn't that what they said about Donald as well? Didn't they say that Michael Brockers would never have more than three sacks per year? If they can round their game, why not Ray? What makes it impossible for him to bulk up and keep the majority of his speed?

Ray isn't a bad kid. He isn't suddenly a bad prospect because of this. Everyone at Mizzou knows this. He has a foot injury (that doesn't require surgery) and now this. He's going to slip to the late first or early second. If we've taken a good offensive lineman in the first, and he's there for the taking, we're going to regret it if we pass on him.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Yeah, I'd say Leonard Little was pretty average. ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Isn't that what experts said about Robert Quinn? Isn't that what they said about Donald as well? Didn't they say that Michael Brockers would never have more than three sacks per year? If they can round their game, why not Ray? What makes it impossible for him to bulk up and keep the majority of his speed?

Ray isn't a bad kid. He isn't suddenly a bad prospect because of this. Everyone at Mizzou knows this. He has a foot injury (that doesn't require surgery) and now this. He's going to slip to the late first or early second. If we've taken a good offensive lineman in the first, and he's there for the taking, we're going to regret it if we pass on him.

Can his weight up to? At 245 he is 20 lbs lighter than Leonard Little and teams ran at Little at will. That is what I don't like about Ray. I think he is better suited as a 3/4 OLB. He doesn't look like his frame can hold 20 more pounds, but I could be wrong.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I'd say Leonard Little was pretty average. ;)

He was pretty good at rushing the passer. But he was not good gainst the run and he was 267 Lbs. What chance will Ray have locking onto ORTs and shedding to make tackles.

I think he will have a better chance standing up in a 3/4

Memphis Ram

Legend
He was pretty good at rushing the passer. But he was not good gainst the run and he was 267 Lbs. What chance will Ray have locking onto ORTs and shedding to make tackles.

I think he will have a better chance standing up in a 3/4

Little may have gotten up to 267 at one point, but I recall him stating in interviews that he typically didn't play at that list weight. In fact, in one interview near the end of a season he stated he was playing at 240-245 or so. I forget which board it was, but I posted the article.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Worst part about Ray and Gregory is that these issues are probably going to have them fall right into the Cardinals laps. And they've been looking for pass rushers for awhile now.