Seven awesome Rams stats following Sundays win.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...-rams-stats-notes-recap-vs-chargers-in-week-3

The Los Angeles Rams moved to 3-0 on the season with a 35-23 victory over the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday afternoon. Here are seven stats from that game:

1. Jared Goff now has seven career 300+ yard passing games, which is tied for the 4th most in franchise history (with Sam Bradford). The Rams are 7-0 when Goff throws for over 300 yards.
  2. Goff is now the third player in league history to pass for at least 350 yards while completing at least 75 percent of his passes in consecutive games; joining Trent Green (2004) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (Weeks 1-2 of this year).
  3. The Rams’ offense finished the game with 521 yards of total offense. That’s the first time the Rams have topped 500 yards in a game since 2006, and the most in four quarters of football since 2000. Additionally, L.A. had 33 first downs, the most by any NFL team since the Saints midway through the 2015 season.
  4. The Rams’ offense has only gone 3-and-out on 6.9% of their drives, a league best. The Buccaneers are 2nd (20.8%), followed by the Bengals, Raiders, and Chiefs (25%).
  5. The Rams rank 3rd in points scored through Week 3 (with 102). The Chiefs (118) lead the league, followed by the Saints (104). Those teams have also allowed 92 and 103 points, respectively. The Rams have only allowed 36 — the lowest number in the NFL. That’s a 66 point differential, which is also a league best. Ravens are second (46).
  6. Cory Littleton blocked a punt in the endzone and CB Blake Countess recovered it for a touchdown. The Rams are the second team this season to score in all three phases (offense, defense, special teams). The New York Jets were the first to do so in 2018.
  7. As it stands, Jared Goff ranks 3rd in the NFL in passing yards (941), Todd Gurley ranks 4th in rushing yards (255), and Brandin Cooks ranks 3rd in receiving yards (336).

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Stat #4 is just insane. I'll take #7 as well, tells you we're doin damage in both phases of the offense.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just pure domination by this team. Thanks for the stats, Tron!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Stat #4 is just insane. I'll take #7 as well, tells you we're doin damage in both phases of the offense.

Definitely helps in keeping our defense's legs fresh. Glad McVay is maturing with regards to not abandoning the run; hoping he'll continue to do so.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I love this team. I love our FO and our Staff. We have really put together a winning organization for a long long time. We'll obviously have some years that aren't as good as others but we are primed to be good for the next 3 to 5 years. Go Rams!!!!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'm kinda hoping to see some stats soon on our D, in terms of front line pressure & run stops. I saw a ton of pressures in the last game, Rivers tried checking down to a few screen's / RB passes that were ruined by pressure.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jared Goff now has seven career 300+ yard passing games, which is tied for the 4th most in franchise history (with Sam Bradford). The Rams are 7-0 when Goff throws for over 300 yards.

Jesus. How sad is that? That seven 300+ games in passing puts him at 4th.

By the time Goff is done he's going to hold every Rams passing record there is man. Hell he might own them all after another couple years, just crazy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm kinda hoping to see some stats soon on our D, in terms of front line pressure & run stops. I saw a ton of pressures in the last game, Rivers tried checking down to a few screen's / RB passes that were ruined by pressure.

Yeah I've been wanting to see a site that provides accurate "pressures" by defenders forever it seems. It's one of the most important stats but so subjective that it's hard to quantify.

Also irt stats I'd like to see some futuristic ones that aren't out there quite yet. Like for example points being assigned to turnovers based on severity of the situation and what it causes in terms of points swing.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
pretty good.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Read in a comment section that Goff has the most 300+ yard games before turning 24. Not sure if true or not.

Psycho_X

Legend

Tano

Legend
Kurt Warner includes his time with the Cardinals. He's actually second if counting them as a Ram with 34 if my quick math is correct. Either way, it is sad. We've had a couple great flash in the pans that fizzled out after a few great years. Hopefully Goff can be the guy for the next decade plus.
You must be close due to Kurt only playing 53 games for the Rams

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Offense struggled a bit in the first half, Game 1 against the Raiders. Clicking on all cylinders since. Who needs preseason.