September 11, 2001

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never forget.

pvLWrf7.png

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Never Forget ...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My fucking blood boils every time I think about it. Rest in peace.

Fidelis

Semper Fi
Name
Fidelis
Unfortunately we are no safer than we were 20 years ago with the Taliban in charge again

Attachments

• C98DF9B5-E6F0-4CFF-899F-9705D080D096.jpeg
    C98DF9B5-E6F0-4CFF-899F-9705D080D096.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 24

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was lucky enough to be in NYC in July 2001 to see the WTC for the last time.

One thing Id like to forget, is the millions of people with brown skin, beards, and turbans were the targeted of verbal and sometime physical/fatal discrimination. Including myself. I don't want to be that guy, but the consequences of that day go deeper than a LOT of people realize.

I went to the memorial in 2014. Saw all the names. The most diverse set of names I've ever seen. Everyone suffered that day, but one group was continually targeted.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was lucky enough to be in NYC in July 2001 to see the WTC for the last time.

One thing Id like to forget, is the millions of people with brown skin, beards, and turbans were the targeted of verbal and sometime physical/fatal discrimination. Including myself. I don't want to be that guy, but the consequences of that day go deeper than a LOT of people realize.

I went to the memorial in 2014. Saw all the names. The most diverse set of names I've ever seen. Everyone suffered that day, but one group was continually targeted.

Love you brother!

rdw

Pro Bowler
This is the greatest country in the world and I will never forget when evil ended the lives of thousands of Americans and changed our way of life forever.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One of my favorite Franklin quotes right there. :clinkingbeer:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AA5D5D2D-B12C-4303-932A-38B90B0E20AD.jpeg

This is a park in my town where there are 3,000 flags are planted for each of those lost that day.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I still remember the second plane crashing into the Towers. I still remember the newslady screaming, "Oh my God!" I still remember my mother crying. I still remember watching the Towers fall in my fifth grade class on television.

I will never forget. Ever.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I still remember the second plane crashing into the Towers. I still remember the newslady screaming, "Oh my God!" I still remember my mother crying. I still remember watching the Towers fall in my fifth grade class on television.

I will never forget. Ever.

I was on a train leaving Los Angeles Union Station and heading to Chicago on the morning of 9/11. We hadn't even made it to the second station along the route (Fullerton, Ca) when the train was stopped as terrorist alerts were being issued nationwide. Word quickly spread throughout the train even though the Conductors weren't giving out much information. We sat for a couple hours awaiting further instructions, although early during this time another passenger whipped out his laptop and I did watch live as the 2'nd plane hit the Tower and then later as the first Tower disintegrated.
My first assumption was that there could be as many as 50,000 dead when considering the time of morning and how many people actually worked in those Twin Towers. Those brave firemen who rescued so many and ended up losing their own lives will never be forgotten by me, ... ever.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Riverumbbq I am right there with you. I figured 10k+ lost. The first responders men and women who arrived on the seen saved so many that day.

I had jury duty in Colorado Springs. Before I worked in LE, I was sitting with a friend who is with CSPD. He knew something was going on when the court house went on lock down. 4 hours to get out, before cell phones with internet, no tv coverage and only elevator music over the speakers. When I finally got out of the court house it was eerie. NO-ONE, absolutely NO-ONE on the streets besides people leaving the court house. Work was cancelled the next three days. I sat at home glued to the tv praying for survivors.

Every year I wear a commemorative 9-11 on this date.

Sadly, it feels so many have forgotten the horrors of that day, or have chosen to forget the evil brought to the USA that day.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
@Riverumbbq I am right there with you. I figured 10k+ lost. The first responders men and women who arrived on the seen saved so many that day.

I had jury duty in Colorado Springs. Before I worked in LE, I was sitting with a friend who is with CSPD. He knew something was going on when the court house went on lock down. 4 hours to get out, before cell phones with internet, no tv coverage and only elevator music over the speakers. When I finally got out of the court house it was eerie. NO-ONE, absolutely NO-ONE on the streets besides people leaving the court house. Work was cancelled the next three days. I sat at home glued to the tv praying for survivors.

Every year I wear a commemorative 9-11 on this date.

Sadly, it feels so many have forgotten the horrors of that day, or have chosen to forget the evil brought to the USA that day.

Much like after the Kennedy assassination, pretty much everyone remembers where they were when it all went down, and the nation went into a collective shock. I also recall those empty streets with people glued to their TV News stations for the following week, ... eerie is the right word for it, as we all knew we'd be going to war over it, but just weren't sure yet how it would play out.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
This is the type of thread you wished there more emoticons to share.

There is not the time we all have to share how this event affected all of us. But it did. And some unfairly more than others.

I stand 20 years later still in horror of the moment.

Evil will always be evil that views good as a weakness.

We will forever keep our heads on a swivel. It is always just around the corner. As it always has been.

And we will be ready. It is what makes us all.........Americans.