Senior Bowl Observations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the Senior Bowl today and did my best to focus on specific players I wanted to see while still seeing the game. Here's a few things that I saw(as I know I didn't see everything):
-Dee Ford's combination of first step acceleration, snap anticipation and bend around the corner was unstoppable at times today
-Aaron Donald was consistently dominant when on the field despite it not showing up on the stat-sheet...his burst off the snap and pass rush moves are truly impressive but he was also putting massive OG Gabe Jackson on skates and bullrushing him back into the QB's face...he forced Fales's int when he hit him as he released following an arm over swim move to beat the LG...this guy will be a top NFL DT, he's just too good all around for it not to translate
-Jordan Matthews had an impressive catch deep down the sideline after separating early on and stacking his man
-None of the QBs stood out today but the South QBs(Fales, Garoppolo and Carr) all looked solid...Carr's game wasn't spectacular but it was good
-The North QBs were atrocious...especially Morris and Thomas...Boyd showed some flashes but also showed the many negatives that will make him a 4th to 6th round pick
-Lorenzo Taliaferro from Coastal Carolina looked good running the ball
-Crockett Gillmore got open and made some nice catches at TE while blocking well also
-Ra'Shede Hageman was inconsistent...much like his career at Minnesota
-Will Sutton had a nice play to blow up a run in the back-field using his leverage, powerful hands and burst off the snap but he looks much too heavy out there
-Michael Campanaro was unimpressive to me...not enough suddenness and his feet aren't very nimble for a slot guy
-Robert Herron looked good but was the victim of poor QB play
-Seantrel Henderson was awful
-Jack Mewhort was up and down...struggled a bit with the speed of Ford
-Cody Parkey(the kicker) has a big time leg
-Chris Borland was very impressive...forced a fumble with a big hit and was flying all over the field
-Isaiah Lewis showed a lot of range at safety
-Jimmie Ward looked very solid in coverage
-Stanley Jean-Baptiste had a near INT while playing off man and looked good overall today

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I missed some stuff as I was focusing on specific players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Agree with all of your observations Jerry. I watched it for the most part. Carr would of had a much better day if Norwood hadn't adjusted so soon and instead kept running. Carr probably woulda been the MVP if hadn't done that.

Donald also bull rushed Richardson pretty good as well. And Ford was a beast in the first half with his two sacks and knocked down pass.

Seantrell Henderson had a pretty good day i think, he did have a few down moments but did show some great movement for his size. Only remember a couple plays he was bad, but the others he was good, so have to disagree with you on him, respectfully of course. I think he is the prefect player for Bordeua.

Yankey and Martin had pretty solid days also.

Desir's interception was quite nice as well, as he didn't bite kept back till the wr came to the end zone. McGill's Int came from the WR falling down and being in the right place when it happened. Just a lucky int in my opinion, Desir's was much more impressive.

Jean-Baptiste did look good though, covered good and tackled good.

Talioferro would be great for our RB corp with his size. Especially for a late round pick.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I watched most of the game.

I agree on Hageman. He looks like a slacker to me. Don't want him. I have no idea why Lande loves him.

Matthews is a jag. He's no better than anyone we've got now. Don't want him. Actually, all the WRs were no better than jags.

Borland looks like a player. If he times well in the 40 at the combine he could go pretty high. He's short, probably not a Fisher guy.

Ford probably makes the first round now. And the OT from ND. Carr likely first rounder as well. Maybe Donald cause not a strong DT draft. Hageman makes first round based on size but he's high risk bust potential. That's it for the guys in this game. Very thin on elite talent from what I saw.

Alan

Legend
Thanks for sharing jrry. I didn't get to watch the game so this is good info.

RFIP

Donald will drop as soon as they weigh and measure him....then someone will get the steal of the draft in round 2. If we pick up an extra 2nd I would LOVE this guy there.