Seattle's Bruce Irvin has hip surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Must be hanging out with Harvin :sneaky:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...le-seahawks-bruce-irvin-undergoes-hip-surgery

The Seattle Seahawks' linebacker depth paid off in a big way when part-time starter and former seventh-round draft pick Malcolm Smith took home MVP honors in Super Bowl XLVIII.

Pete Carroll's squad will have to call on that depth for the rest of offseason practices now that strong-side linebacker Bruce Irvin is back on the shelf.

Irvin underwent hip surgery on Monday, per multiple reports. He expects to be back for training camp.

Should Irvin encounter a setback, Smith will enter the starting lineup alongside Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright. It was Irvin's four-game suspension last September that allowed Smith to emerge as a valuable contributor on Dan Quinn's defense.

The Seahawks are fortunate that their linebacker is missing just a couple of months while their division rivals lost Daryl Washington for the entire season.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" breaks down the news and examines developments from the first week of OTAs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm guessing the pharmacy has sonething to help speed the recovery......and he has a preferred customer card doesn't he? :LOL:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
image.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
...and how much money does he make? I don't care about his SB play either. Seattle didn't need him to get to 13 wins or curbstomp Denver either.
Harvin has only played in 10 of his last 32 games. He's not a guy i want on my team. The only reason no one in Seattle cares that he's stealing cash is because they're winning.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
...and how much money does he make? I don't care about his SB play either. Seattle didn't need him to get to 13 wins or curbstomp Denver either.
Harvin has only played in 10 of his last 32 games. He's not a guy i want on my team. The only reason no one in Seattle cares that he's stealing cash is because they're winning.

Exactly right. They could have invested that money in contract extensions, less injury prone free agents, etc.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Exactly right. They could have invested that money in contract extensions, less injury prone free agents, etc.
...but wait, John Schneider is a genius who does nothing wrong and makes no bad decisions.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
So you're trying to tell me the strategy of drafting Pro Bowl calliber players in Rounds 5-7 isn't sustainable?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you're trying to tell me the strategy of drafting Pro Bowl calliber players in Rounds 5-7 isn't sustainable?
I think the NY Giants were the "Kings of the Draft" for a couple seasons. Somehow I think that road has been diverted