Seattle now owns all tie-breakers, Rams lose NFCW in tie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yawn. Beat the team on the schedule... every week that you can. The last thing the players or fans should be thinking about is what other teams are doing. All that does is bring unnecessary stress for all. The Rams are stressful enough for me!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The more I looked into it the scenario involved us, saints, eagles, and minny finishing at 13-3 and some weird tie breakers with SOS and Conference record putting us in fourth. Not realistic so I won't worry about it.
If all 4 teams end up 13-3 it would be a litter laugh fest. Vikings would be 1st having beat us and Saints with a higher SOV over Philly. Us second with our win over Philly and the Saints 3rd with SOV over Philly and they would be 4th. That scenario takes a lot of craziness to happen but would be fun to see. Oh well on to the Redtards.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Seattle loses to the Eagles and the Rams, not worried about them. I can also see them dropping their game against the Jags, they'll be on the road, and that D should be able to get to Wilson early.

Sigh. It's so easy to type that scenario. But not as easy to have it happen. The Seahawks will probably only lose 2 more games. If we can also only lose 2 more, we win the division. Like I've been saying FOREVER this season, those stupid loser cocky lucky Sea-zeros are going to give us a fit right down to the end. Hate em!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yeah if we wanted the one seed we should've beat the vikings when we had them.

And if we wanted to be division winners we should've beat the seahawks in LA.

RAMS1083

UDFA
Name
L.T
Think of it this way........

RAMS NEXT THREE GAMES
@Arizona, vs Philly, @ Seattle

seattle next three games
vs Philly, @Jacksonville, vs RAMS

If and when the RAMS beat Arizona AND Philly and then Seattle lose to Philly AND Jags which I think they WILL. Then the Dec. 17 game is HUGE against Seattle because if and WHEN the RAMS beat them then the RAMS WILL BE DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!!! RAMS will eliminate Arizona from division title Sunday and how sweet will it be Dec. 17 to eliminate Seattle from the division title and to clinch the west in their house. I CANT WAIT, GO RAMS!!!!!

Ram65

Legend
Win the week!

I'm looking forward to watching the Eagles Vs. Hags Sunday Night. Nice barometer game.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
If the Rams and Seahawks tie, the tiebreakers are:

1. H2H: Seattle wins if they sweep, so assume we split the series
2. Division record: Assume we both go 5-1
3. Common game record. Seattle went 0-2 in non-common games, Rams went 1-1, so if we tie records, then the Rams must have a worse common game record.

Therefore, Seattle owns the tiebreakers unless they somehow drop week 17 against the Cardinals.

Rams must have a better record or else they lose the division and must fight for a wild card.

Note: This is almost certainly not going to matter, because if we win in Seattle, there is almost no chance we still tie records, and if we lose in Seattle, then they win on the first tie breaker anyway.

Heath Evans???? I didn't know you posted here ;)

He said the same thing on NFL network and predicted the shehawks to win the division.

Side note: Where did his neck go?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If the Rams and Seahawks tie, the tiebreakers are:

1. H2H: Seattle wins if they sweep, so assume we split the series
2. Division record: Assume we both go 5-1
3. Common game record. Seattle went 0-2 in non-common games, Rams went 1-1, so if we tie records, then the Rams must have a worse common game record.

Therefore, Seattle owns the tiebreakers unless they somehow drop week 17 against the Cardinals.

Rams must have a better record or else they lose the division and must fight for a wild card.

Note: This is almost certainly not going to matter, because if we win in Seattle, there is almost no chance we still tie records, and if we lose in Seattle, then they win on the first tie breaker anyway.

Ummm nope.
Seattle does not own ‘all’ of the tie breakers.....also, note number 5 in particular.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think of it this way........

RAMS NEXT THREE GAMES
@Arizona, vs Philly, @ Seattle

seattle next three games
vs Philly, @Jacksonville, vs RAMS

If and when the RAMS beat Arizona AND Philly and then Seattle lose to Philly AND Jags which I think they WILL. Then the Dec. 17 game is HUGE against Seattle because if and WHEN the RAMS beat them then the RAMS WILL BE DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!!! RAMS will eliminate Arizona from division title Sunday and how sweet will it be Dec. 17 to eliminate Seattle from the division title and to clinch the west in their house. I CANT WAIT, GO RAMS!!!!!
that would be an awesome birthday present for me after losses pretty much every year for the last 10

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
plus just win the division ... once youre in the playoffs ,,,anything can happen

first thing we need to do is beat AZ

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Seattle also owns the "they can suck balls" tiebreaker. They have exclusively owned that one for some time.......

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Started the season thinking, man 8 wins would be great
Then it got better and better and thought, man a winning season would be great
Then it got more exciting and I thought, wow we could make the playoffs
Now the division is there for the taking, beat the Seahawks in 2 weeks and its all but ours
After that? Well, let's get there first....

BeefJurky

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ummm nope.
Seattle does not own ‘all’ of the tie breakers.....also, note number 5 in particular.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Seattle own the tie breakers... it's just math dude, not sure why you are acting like this is even debatable.

If the Seahawks and Rams have the same amount of wins, and the Rams have 1 win from a non-shared opponent, and the Seahawks have 0 wins from a non-shared opponent, then that must mean...The Seahawks have more wins against shared opponents!

Also, strength of victory will never matter. Because, like I said, it's impossible for the Rams and Seahawks to tie on 2 and 3, and they go down the list until one team has the edge.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Seattle own the tie breakers... it's just math dude, not sure why you are acting like this is even debatable.

If the Seahawks and Rams have the same amount of wins, and the Rams have 1 win from a non-shared opponent, and the Seahawks have 0 wins from a non-shared opponent, then that must mean...The Seahawks have more wins against shared opponents!

Also, strength of victory will never matter. Because, like I said, it's impossible for the Rams and Seahawks to tie on 2 and 3, and they go down the list until one team has the edge.
That would only be true at the end of the season. Fact is, they have not played all the same teams yet. And as I pointed out in my previous post, the Rams currently own the the tie breakers.

Common games so far.

Code:
Rams            Seahawks
W      Texans      W
NP     Titans      L
W      Jags       NP
W      colts       W
W      Cowboys    NP
W      Giants      W
NP     Eagles      Np
L      Redskins    L
By my counts that's the Rams at 5-1 in common games with 2 to play, and for the Seahawks, 3-2 in common games with 3 to play. But my math could be wrong.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm really looking forward to that game in Seattle. McVay has already seen them. He knows what works and what does not. I think he'll devise a game plan to attack them.

I know they beat us last time and slowed down our high powered offense. But if didn't shoot ourselves in the foot so much we woulda beat them. With everything that went wrong in that game we were a dropped pass from beating them.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We beat them up in Seattle, plain and simple. Ain't gonna be no tie breakers. Rams will be 12-4, or 11-5. Seattle will be exposed and finish 9-7 or 10-6. The best scenario is if we go up North up one on them, (So the 12s get false hope, thinking that a win puts them in first place) and we blow them out like we should have earlier this year, clinching the division, and knocking them all but mathematically out of the playoff picture.

:rant:"Then the 12s can have false hope, heading into week 17!"

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The Rams currently lead the division, worrying about tie-breakers isn't necessary. All the Rams have to do is take care of business, up next is Arizona.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I know, I know, I keep preaching "one game at a time."

However, for anyone who wants to predict the rest of the season, here is a pretty good link for that. You want to start with Week 13 and click on Current standings on top which will give you every team's record through Week 12. Then pick the games going forward. Besides the Eagles (1), I had the Rams (4), Vikings (2) and Carolina (3) winning their division with the same record. By the way, Seattle would end up 3 games behind the Rams and out of the playoffs. The two wildcards would be New Orleans (5) and Atlanta (6).

https://playoffpredictors.com/Footb...NKVciM7WAok3C2W-UpuABm59786QUcNUuSFtMSbKJK8gA

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If they take care of business and have a better record than the Hags at season's end, the tie-breaker shit becomes moot...I prefer that scenario...