Sean McVay's 'get-back coach' Ted Rath leaving Rams to join Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Probably a good thing since I doubt he gets invites to the team BBQs...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Probably a good thing since I doubt he gets invites to the team BBQs...
No doubt. Man this coaching staff is going to be unrecognizable this season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Next Christmas...

Get back Santa...GET BACK! ~ Ted Rath

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to Coach Rath!

Also, I'd love to be the "Get Back" coach for McVay. Just saying. ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, that leaves three openings now with RB Coach, Special Teams Coordinator & Strength & Conditioning Coach along with the possibility of QB Coach Shane Waldron going to LSU, however, if that happens IMO, they will just add that title to new Offensive Coordinator Kevin O'Connell.

Ted Rath was a great hire and injected a ton of energy at Rams Park and was part the transformation of the team as they were stuck in the dark ages of strength & conditioning under Rock Gullickson. Again, it's obvious Rath's trial, which was quite odd, might have wanted a change of scenery and the Rams have 3 Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coaches on staff in Edward Grayer, Fernando Noriega & Dustin Woods, so one of them could be elevated, but Rath's energy before his issue was infectious and hopefully the transition will be seamless because that is an Assistant Coach, that does not come with much fanfare, but highly important to the success on the football field..

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
The magic was gone after his trial. Probably hard to have the same level of buy in for everyone after some of those details went public. I'm sure Sean will be able to find another quality S & C coach and the line should be a mile long.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, that leaves three openings now with RB Coach, Special Teams Coordinator & Strength & Conditioning Coach along with the possibility of QB Coach Shane Waldron going to LSU, however, if that happens IMO, they will just add that title to new Offensive Coordinator Kevin O'Connell.
I feel like Jared is the kind of QB who needs a guy he can confide in. The OC isn't quite the same thing as a QB coach so hopefully McVay will designate someone for him who has a strong grasp of protections and reading formations which is the area Jared needs to improve in most.

IMO him struggling this year and the fact that there was an added burden on him for the line calls and whatnot are not a coincidence.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, I think not having Sullivan making the line calls certainly had an effect too.

I think the other thing about having a QB coach is for someone to be in his ear about footwork during the season. I doubt the OC has a ton of time to critique it week in and week out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The magic was gone after his trial. Probably hard to have the same level of buy in for everyone after some of those details went public. I'm sure Sean will be able to find another quality S & C coach and the line should be a mile long.

I was surprised the kept him on after the details came out.

There was enough evidence that the case went to trial.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Ted Rath was a great hire and injected a ton of energy at Rams Park and was part the transformation of the team as they were stuck in the dark ages of strength & conditioning under Rock Gullickson. Again, it's obvious Rath's trial, which was quite odd, might have wanted a change of scenery and the Rams have 3 Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coaches on staff in Edward Grayer, Fernando Noriega & Dustin Woods, so one of them could be elevated, but Rath's energy before his issue was infectious and hopefully the transition will be seamless because that is an Assistant Coach, that does not come with much fanfare, but highly important to the success on the football field..

Quite odd is right... events as represented imo made almost no sense from any direction.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm disappointed Rath is going. I think he did a good job here.