Sean McVay w/Rich Eisen | Full Interview | 4/12/19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eisen is the man. Great questions and not a dull moment in that interview. Hope they do give him top digs in the Ram Tough stadium loooool.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As a Long Time (Around 55 Years) Rams Fan I feel so very Fortunate that the Rams have Sean McVay as their Head Coach (Would NOT trade him for any other Coach in the NFL!!!) and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Rams can keep him as their Head Coach for a Very Long Time (As in his Entire Head Coaching Career!)!

Yeah, I am in my 50's... hoping he is the HC for the rest of my life or at least as long as I am coherent and still have a few marbles rolling around in my head.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Great interview. Looking forward to the season. I think coach pushes off his hype pretty well.

It is easy to get sick of a guy when he buys into his own hype too much. Coughjimmygcough.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I think we Rams fans have a lot to look forward to with McVay as our HC. Timing has a bit to do with his success, as far as having a QB in place when he got here and having a pretty good D already in place. But the success is due to McVay knowing what to do with what was here when he got here, he took basically the same team that was 4-12 in 2016 and made the playoffs. He is so humble and passes the praise to his players which gives them more confidence and their play shows it. I cant wait to see what the O does this upcoming season, Goff should have an even better understanding of what the D is trying to do and his audibles should destroy D game plans. Once Goff starts hitting on a few audibles his confidence will grow and McVay will just be making suggestions in the headset and Goff will be calling the plays.

As far as other teams searching for the next McVay, good luck. Coaches of his quality are few and far between, how many has the NFL seen before McVay? He is like a combination of Bill Walsh and Mike Martz, he knows how to motivate his players and instill confidence as well as come up with plays that maximize the talents of his players. Belichick is considered by many as the best HC at this time, but McVay is making his mark to be the next HC considered the best in the league.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This interview was pure gold from start to finish.

As an aside, I sometimes want to pinch myself to make sure that I’m not dreaming that we stole McVay from right under the noses of the 49ers. Lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eisen is the man. Great questions and not a dull moment in that interview. Hope they do give him top digs in the Ram Tough stadium loooool.

Eisen and Rome are probably the two best interviewers in the sports world.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think we Rams fans have a lot to look forward to with McVay as our HC. Timing has a bit to do with his success, as far as having a QB in place when he got here and having a pretty good D already in place. But the success is due to McVay knowing what to do with what was here when he got here, he took basically the same team that was 4-12 in 2016 and made the playoffs. He is so humble and passes the praise to his players which gives them more confidence and their play shows it. I cant wait to see what the O does this upcoming season, Goff should have an even better understanding of what the D is trying to do and his audibles should destroy D game plans. Once Goff starts hitting on a few audibles his confidence will grow and McVay will just be making suggestions in the headset and Goff will be calling the plays.

As far as other teams searching for the next McVay, good luck. Coaches of his quality are few and far between, how many has the NFL seen before McVay? He is like a combination of Bill Walsh and Mike Martz, he knows how to motivate his players and instill confidence as well as come up with plays that maximize the talents of his players. Belichick is considered by many as the best HC at this time, but McVay is making his mark to be the next HC considered the best in the league.

As bad as Shanahan screed up in the SuperBowl, he is a better OC imo .As far as ahead coach not as much.

Excellent interview. Whit is pretty awesome.
Gurley is signed for awhile. McVay never found that happy medium. With Gurley & the holding call on Sullivan changed the whole outcome of that game. Rams score a TD & then would have opened it up more. NE’s DB’s were hurt as well. McVay never found his rhythm either.

Weddle vs Joyner night & day !! Big time accusation . Clay as well. Rams need a stud DT “”.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I will never get sick listening to coach McVay. He's such a class act and the real deal. 24-8 record let that soak in for a min. We are truly blessed to have him our HC and face of the franchise. He's a stud in every way possible. Furthermore Stan has never been cheap w/ paying our coaching staff or interfering w/ the football aspects. And Lastly he has such a great relationship w/ Les, there isn't or shouldn't be a threat of him leaving.
He is the next great coach!