Sean McVay talks coaching with Joe Judge on 'Flying Coach' podcast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sean McVay talks coaching with Joe Judge on 'Flying Coach' podcast​

Sean McVay has kept busy during this quiet part of the offseason, starting to host a podcast with Peter Schrager on The Ringer. If you haven’t listened tuned in already, it’s called “Flying Coach” and is one of the best football podcasts around right now.

Each week, McVay and Schrager have a new guest coach on the podcast, and for the latest episode, Joe Judge was invited. It was almost an hour-long conversation with Judge, as the Giants coach talked about working under Nick Saban and Bill Belichick, Daniel Jones’ progression heading into Year 3 and his favorite player to coach, Julian Edelman.

At the end of the show, McVay talked about his former coaches who have gone onto new teams, led by Chargers head coach Brandon Staley. He’s confident all of them will succeed in their new roles, even though he’s disappointed not to have them on the Rams anymore.

“I think Brandon Staley’s gonna do a great job with the Chargers. This is a guy that’s got great command and capacity in all three phases. Spending a year with him, when you understand the intricate knowledge of the game, the details, the way he’s able to see the game through the lens of his background as a quarterback, understanding and being around some really good coaches to where you’re saying, ‘All right, I know what I want it to look like when I’m leading. I’m surrounding myself with great coaches that are leading on all three phases, while also having an ownership ability to develop a relationship with (Justin) Herbert, I think Brandon will do a really nice job.”

McVay said he’s excited to see “how he activates the Derwin James of the world, the Joey Bosas, Kenneth Murray,” saying the Chargers have some “exciting pieces.”

Listen to the full episode below.

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/38xmsVIiubCqp0PGyzyBhN