Sean McVay says he and Bill Belichick basically texted 'after every one of our games' this season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ted-after-every-one-of-our-games-this-season/

If there's one thing that will always get Bill Belichick talking, it's good football conversation. While he's known for his stoic answers to people asking about Rob Gronkowski trade rumors or Tom Brady drama, Belichick has also developed a reputation for glowing about special teams play and his breakdowns of key plays. With that in mind, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Belichick and Sean McVay, given McVay's similarly brilliant football mind.

According to McVay, that respect has become a text-heavy friendship, per Peter King. McVay said that he and Belichick met at the NFL Combine last year, and since then they've talked fairly regularly.

"This is wild: This season, he has basically texted me after every one of our games," McVay said of his Super Bowl opponent this year. "After we beat Minnesota in September, he texted, 'Man, you guys are really explosive and impressive and fun to watch. Congratulations—keep it rolling.' For him to even take the time to say congrats, it's pretty cool."

McVay and the Rams will play Belichick and the Patriots on Sunday in the Super Bowl. McVay, 33, will try to become the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl in NFL history. Belichick, at 66, will try to become the oldest.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Oh, great. I hope McVay knows that phones can be weaponized to remotely spy on their users. Not that Belichick has friends with access to NSA level spying tools or anything. . . .

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Bill is the smartest guy in the room and is sincere about his admiration for Sean. UNLESS this is a set up, grooming him, just to steal him away to coach Pats after Bill retires! Yikes!

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Probably buttering Sean up so he can ask to have Cooks back.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Maybe Bill is the smartest guy in the room and is sincere about his admiration for Sean. UNLESS this is a set up, grooming him, just to steal him away to coach Pats after Bill retires! Yikes!

Never!!!
MiniatureDismalKestrel-small.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Oh, great. I hope McVay knows that phones can be weaponized to remotely spy on their users. Not that Belichick has friends with access to NSA level spying tools or anything. . . .

This was what I was thinking...

Belicheat is somehow tapping into Sean's phone without him knowing!

McSLAY.... Please smash your phone and get a new number and phone immediately. Then, never give your new # to that rat bastard. The Ramily thanks you.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Tread carefully McVay, Darth Hoodie is trying to decipher some intel on you.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Keep your friends close.
Keep your enemies closer.

Billicheat isnt doing this for companionship.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Funny, I remind my wife of a homeless dude with my playoff beard.

To be fair, I'm not helping things by not washing my jersey since we lost to the Iggles in Week 15. :D

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Funny, I remind my wife of a homeless dude with my playoff beard.

To be fair, I'm not helping things by not washing my jersey since we lost to the Iggles in Week 15. :D

Pretty much this.

I’m glad the wife loves me no matter what, cuz right now is one of those “whats”