Sean McVay, Sammy Watkins Press Conference 8-22

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Both good interviews.

McVay on Martz was done in a class act.

Watkins talks about being perfect, building chemistry with Goff.
He also talks about hand signals from either Copper Kupp or Pharoh Copper ?
I like him talking about him & Goff both being young & growing together.Makes it seem like he wants to be here long term.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
McVay is a great freakin speaker. He definitely has a future in the booth decades from now when he's done coaching. Seems genuine and honest... and I'm sure the media love that he addresses them by name and doesn't BS around. Such a breath of fresh air.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Something seems amiss with the Tavon and Quinn "injury" situations. Short on details. Not sure what that means but it's just odd.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Something seems amiss with the Tavon and Quinn "injury" situations. Short on details. Not sure what that means but it's just odd.

I certainly hope I am wrong but maybe it's all to ensure they're both healthy enough to pass the physical exam that is mandatory for a potential trade. Maybe they are hoping that a team becomes desperate enough that they would pick up either of these unfriendly contracts - with the intent of freeing up cap space, signing Donald and snag an extra pick here or there?

There is another possible motive: If Aaron Donald misses significant time this season, Robert Quinn is far and away the best pass rusher on this team. He can take over and wreck games singlehandedly. Without AD99 around, a healthy 94 is IMO the Rams most gifted player and Wade Phillips best hope for creating pressure without the blitz.
To enter this season without either on the field would be an awful lot to overcome.

As for Tavon, another possibility is that he is dealing with some nagging hamstring issues and really needs time to get it behind him... but there might be a strategic opportunity to take advantage of:
Without appearing on any preseason film, TA's role in this offense remains a complete mystery to DCs. Dislike the player, hate his contract or whatever, this fact remains: His skillset demands a lot of the Defenses attention. Keeping Tavon from getting the ball in space is a priority.
Unleashing him on a defense that doesnt know what to expect might be worth a W when the W's count...

Anyways - those are all just my tinfoil hat theories, I dont necessarily believe any to be true or more likely than the answers given by our HC.