Sean McVay: Rams have three good RBs, still deciding how many carries they’ll get

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
There are 2 UDFA RBs on the team that IMO don't offer much more than what Kelly brings. Two things work in Kelly's favor in making the team. 1. He's faster than both the UDFA RBs 2. He can catch and has been in the system so he knows the offense

With this truncated offseason I just don't see the UDFA RBs showing enough to take Kelly's spot this year. I think they will keep at least one RB on the PS be it one of these two or someone cut from another team. Kelly needs to earn his keep on STs and I think he will. Though they actually could just go with 3 RBs and keep one on the PS as a contingency player. That's why IMO if they keep 4 RBs on the active roster they need to show something on STs.

IMO they could keep an extra WR like Pope who can replace JoJo as a returner instead of a 4th RB. Either way, Kelly underwhelmed when he had his opportunities. The problem I have with Kelly is that in watching him both in the NFL and in college what is interpreted by evaluators as indecisiveness is IMO really a matter of poor field vision. If the hole isn't where it's drawn up on the whiteboard then he seems not to see alternatives. If the coaches think that is what his problem is, he won't make the team. Part of field vision is coaching as well, so I really think this is his last shot.

I like Kelly... but Xavier Jones might have enough talent to get on the roster and actually get playing time (if injury were to occur).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Henderson's lack of touches last year has me a bit skeptical. Malcom Brown is underrated, in my opinion, and will be the starter. I predict that at the end of the year he will be backing up Akers.
There were rumors Hendy struggled to learn the playbook. Not sure how true those rumors are though.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
yep, gurley was too busy being a blocker. then when he had his chances in the passing game he kept dropping the ball.

Things like that explain it. It's how many resources it took away from us, to help our OL block. TE's too.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I like Kelly... but Xavier Jones might have enough talent to get on the roster and actually get playing time (if injury were to occur).

I would say that Kelly has the advantage, but I could see Jones really pushing him, and he provides a different style for us as well.