Sean McVay did 'a lot of drinking' after Super Bowl loss to Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_12105799.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 23 hours ago

In just his second year as an NFL head coach, Sean McVay took the Rams all the way to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, Los Angeles came up short due to a disappointing performance from the offense, scoring a paltry three points – the Rams’ fewest in any game under McVay.

The team had some time off after the game and before the bulk of the offseason work began, which gave players and coaches some time to reflect on the loss. They weren’t busy parading around the city or doing late-night interviews like the Patriots were, but it wasn’t long before McVay and the front office were evaluating draft prospects and future free agents.

Between the end of the game and that point, though, McVay got over the loss as many folks would have: with alcohol.

On Barstool Sports’ “Pardon My Take” podcast, McVay was asked if there was anything he did to get over the loss.

“Yeah, a lot of drinking,” McVay said plainly.

He was surprised to learn that the Rams’ win over the Saints in the NFC championship game caused Asshole Face to watch Netflix and eat a lot of ice cream.

“Really? I didn’t know that,” he said.

The Rams’ performance in the Super Bowl was historically bad, finishing as the lowest-scoring Super Bowl ever. That’s the complete opposite of what fans (and bettors) expected to happen with most people believing it would be a high-scoring affair.

McVay shared a story of a fan coming up to him in Vegas about the money the Rams cost him, and it wasn’t exactly pennies. It was a large chunk of change.

“When I went to Vegas a couple weeks after the Super Bowl just to have some fun, first guy I run into says, ‘Hey man, you lost me half a million on the over.’ I said, ‘Oh man, I’m sorry.’ I’m probably a wanted man. But you just gotta move on,” McVay said.

The Rams coach got more serious when discussing the fact that he may have done too much studying of the Patriots’ film leading up to the Super Bowl. This is something he admitted recently, saying he may have gone overboard in that department.

If he could do it all over again, he may have done it differently and worked smarter, not harder.

“When you look at those couple weeks, there’s an element of when you work, you want to work hard. But you also want to work smart and you can have so many different things and not be mindful of the progression of the season. There’s usually about a 4-6-game span that you’re usually operating on while still being mindful of situations. And then you’ve got two weeks and you don’t want to short yourself.

“I’d be lying if I said that if things go a little off-track, you probably have too many thoughts in your head, and you would have a different rhythm. I don’t necessarily know if you’re working any less hard for the preparation, but you know, Coach Belichick and the Patriots are the standard right now.”

McVay is still one of the best coaches in the NFL, regardless of age. He’s reached the playoffs twice already, has led the Rams to the second-most points and yards since taking over in 2017 and is only 33 years old.

Yet, despite all the success he’s had, some are leaning toward Kliff Kingsbury as the hot new coach in the NFL now. The Cardinals coach hasn’t proved anything yet in the NFL, so it’s hard to put him above McVay right now.

“He is the hot new guy, but last time I checked, I didn’t cool off too bad, did I?”

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pos1image

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Didn't we all!

And that dickhead bettor cost himself half a mil, he's the bawbag who decided to put up the money.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect his "a lot of drinking" consisted of two and a half microbrews.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yet, despite all the success he’s had, some are leaning toward Kliff Kingsbury as the hot new coach in the NFL now. The Cardinals coach hasn’t proved anything yet in the NFL, so it’s hard to put him above McVay right now.

:palm:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I suspect his "a lot of drinking" consisted of two and a half microbrews.

Hilarious.
I thought the same thing at first,
But when I thought more about it I realized “a lot of drinking” for our man Sean McVay is probably more like 5 shots of tequila and a Michelob Ultra

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Oh boy.. now our coach is gonna be a lush failure....

Psycho_X

Legend
I started my new job on February 1st and couldn't get shit faced for the super bowl or for 5 days after. That was the worst fucking week.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Didn't we all!

And that dork bettor cost himself half a mil, he's the bawbag who decided to put up the money.

I guess he didn’t like the job Wade Phillips & The Rams defense did in the Super Bowl ? He should have played The Rams in the money Line. I believe The Rams win if not for that holding call on John Sullivan.I bet McVay had trouble sleeping because of that call. It would have helped get him & the O” in a rhythm.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kliff Kingsbury? Seriously? Dude just got fired by Texas fucking Tech. He shouldn't even be mentioned within five breaths of McVay, much less the same breath.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kliff Kingsbury? Seriously? Dude just got fired by Texas freaking Tech. He shouldn't even be mentioned within five breaths of McVay, much less the same breath.

Yeah, living in the Phoenix area, one of my favorite things is that after their HC bombed, they hired a guy who didn't succeed in college. And the sort of system he runs, doesn't work in the pros for very long, if at all. I just hope they don't use all their upcoming high draft choices wisely.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well...when he said drinking he might have really meant...

331AFDB1-9654-4720-86BB-A21D7A827421.jpeg

:LOL:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
My pal Chris has come to visit me, he's a rams fan. We obviously went to the pub immediately. We have now got home, ordered pizza, put on the NFC Championship Game and got our fucking scotch on. Fuck yeah! rams!