Sean McVay breaks down the entire Bears defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
"You want to impress me, get into broadcasting."

AIDS fairy dispatched.
That's rough. They were rude, not committing crimes against humanity. Maybe we can dispatch the full body herpes fairy instead?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Some jealous little boys right there. They act like all coaches know other teams players like that. Fisher sure as hell didn't and he was making $7 mil a year. McVay's recall is special stuff. Bell fawning over Larry Brown remembering 3 minutes of practice! McVay remembers entire games. McVay doesn't piss off the entire team while coaching either.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody can say he doesn’t do his homework. IMO this inspires his players to do theirs as well, great role model for the team.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
If you wanna impress me take a million(s) dollar(s) pay cut and go broadcast a divison 1AA football team and know all the players that will one day be teachers, dentists, and insurance salesmen.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Kanell just adds to his highlight reel

DECDEBD1-9CAB-4AD1-A8A3-671EF3C7F9D3.jpeg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Why would anyone even listen to those two clowns. Honestly most of the media is geared towards casual watchers of the game, not the crazy fans like us who can't let it go. And these two even by that standard... They suck.

Fans watch shows like that to garner insight. Those two don't really offer any tbh. I have zero doubt McVay can rewind what every player on his roster has done right/wrong all season long, and in detail. With no favoritism, no excuses. Dude is special and everyone knows it.

Trying to act like "hey not taking anything away from McVay but every coach is paid to know this stuff" just demonstrates that those two know even less than the typical media who fawn over him due to his recall. Because what is most special about Coach McVay isn't that recall, it's his ability to teach.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Why would anyone even listen to those two clowns. Honestly most of the media is geared towards casual watchers of the game, not the crazy fans like us who can't let it go. And these two even by that standard... They suck.

Fans watch shows like that to garner insight. Those two don't really offer any tbh. I have zero doubt McVay can rewind what every player on his roster has done right/wrong all season long, and in detail. With no favoritism, no excuses. Dude is special and everyone knows it.

Trying to act like "hey not taking anything away from McVay but every coach is paid to know this stuff" just demonstrates that those two know even less than the typical media who fawn over him due to his recall. Because what is most special about Coach McVay isn't that recall, it's his ability to teach.

Remembering stuff is only a small percentage of what makes him special...He has to generate stuff WORTH remembering first and foremost...Therein lies what makes him who he is...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Danny Kanell? Lol.
Good with a laptop, bad with a football.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I can't hate on Raja Bell too much though. As a Phoenix Sun he punked Kobe like the bitch he is that one night back in the day. That was good for a 24 hour perma-grin in my house. He was also one of maybe two guys on those 50 and fade Suns teams who played any defense.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I agree with Danny and raja, it’s not really that impressive. McVay does a lot of really impressive things, but I don’t think that one of them. As a fan I could have told you pretty much everything he said and I don’t watch the bears let alone tons of film on them

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I agree with Danny and raja, it’s not really that impressive. McVay does a lot of really impressive things, but I don’t think that one of them. As a fan I could have told you pretty much everything he said and I don’t watch the bears let alone tons of film on them
Wade Phillips studied for that question (or at least knew that it was coming up/wanted to make a joke out of it) and still struggled more than McVay.

Is it possible that the media is freaking out about it because it isn't common? I mean, how many times have we heard of a head coach doing that? It's not that he knows all of that, it's that he can recall it so quickly and fluidly when he doesn't know in advance that particular question is coming. I'm sure that most offensive coordinators, given 5 minutes could do the same thing. Given 60 seconds, they probably couldn't.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember when Jeff fisher tried that before they played the cheats. He named their 3 rbs, from 5 years prior. I don't think any of them were on the roster anymore.

I don't know if he was serious but bellyfat gave him his usual beatdown every time he faced him.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Wade Phillips studied for that question (or at least knew that it was coming up/wanted to make a joke out of it) and still struggled more than McVay.

Is it possible that the media is freaking out about it because it isn't common? I mean, how many times have we heard of a head coach doing that? It's not that he knows all of that, it's that he can recall it so quickly and fluidly when he doesn't know in advance that particular question is coming. I'm sure that most offensive coordinators, given 5 minutes could do the same thing. Given 60 seconds, they probably couldn't.

Wade also was naming he whole starting offense (including the ever so not popular olineman) and then some. Unless mcvay did more than what was in that clip, he named 7 guys, all big name playmakers. If a HC or OC can recall the names/numbers of popular players off the top of their head idk what to tell ya. Like I said I don’t even study the bears and could have named all them. Heck I coulda told you where 5-6 of them played college ball

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wade also was naming he whole starting offense (including the ever so not popular olineman) and then some. Unless mcvay did more than what was in that clip, he named 7 guys, all big name playmakers. If a HC or OC can recall the names/numbers of popular players off the top of their head idk what to tell ya. Like I said I don’t even study the bears and could have named all them. Heck I coulda told you where 5-6 of them played college ball
Watch the actual clip. He names 11 defensive players, goes over things about each one including time in Washington together and did it without pause in a minute. Every coach should know these things and be able to do it but none have done it like that off a question on video. Down play it all you want but it’s impressive watching him do it.