Seahawks should consider signing mathis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Given the dlines they will face, this is a no-brainer for an otherwise inferior interior.

For about 3 mil, swoop rams, swoop, keep that line weak and add ram depth or even a starter.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Not so fast... Seattle has some huge salary cap issues, and Mathis wants big money. Listening to a couple reports on NFLN, Seattle's FO has concerns actually signing him, especially with Chancellor holding out and Bennett wanting a big paycheck. I think it's a 50-50 chance.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
After watching the seahags OL againt KC tonite, I can see why they would want to. their OL sucks.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is this confirmed or simply a guess? C'mon o.p., sauces bruh!

After watching the Seahawks offensive line the first 2 preseason games and knowing how much they rely on the run, they'd be be stupid not to get one of the best guards at a cheap rate. He is visiting them and although it's just my opinion, I think they sign him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a complete guess. Seattle as it is couldn't afford $3 million without doing some work on other contracts.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Yeah have them sign Mathis while a leader on D, Kam is sitting out for as long as it seems to take.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Where do the Hags get all the cap room for this crap ??? They have to run up against it at some point...

WestCoastRam

Legend
Let's remember that Mathis is a big name but he's strickly a zone-blocking lineman who is past his prime. If a team's lucky, only slightly past his prime but he might be further along. I'm not terribly worried.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those wanting the Rams to sign Mathis.

OL who is way past 30 - check
Coming off of a season where he took only about half the snaps - check
Demanding a large final paycheck in the league - check
Not a great match for the Rams' system - check
Will mean that a Ram draft pick who is promising will need to be cut - check

Get on it Snead! Sign him now!

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Where do the Hags get all the cap room for this crap ??? They have to run up against it at some point...
All the cheap contracts they have enjoyed over the last few years is coming to an end.They have already started to lose talent and that will only continue with some big contracts they have and will put up.We will be in that position soon with all the talent we have and will be extending key players now to avoid bigger contracts later.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's gotta be something head coaches know about Mathis that regular NFL fans don't. If he was as great as his last 4 years suggest (and not his first 7), then teams would be lining up to add him to their rosters. Maybe Chip Kelly just made him look better with his schemes, like he does every other player he's happy to jettison off his squad.

Debacled

Starter
There's gotta be something head coaches know about Mathis that regular NFL fans don't. If he was as great as his last 4 years suggest (and not his first 7), then teams would be lining up to add him to their rosters. Maybe Chip Kelly just made him look better with his schemes, like he does every other player he's happy to jettison off his squad.

He is taking his time, he is in no rush to join a team for the preseason I'd assume. He wants to play for a contender and will sit on his hands need be it seems.

He dealt with a number of injuries earlier on in his career which is mainly what held him back. That said he is 33 and isn't getting any younger. I hope the Hawks break the bank on him