Seahawks lose, Rams still in 1st celebration thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Beating Seattle is all about containing Wilson. Fisher and Williams knew that and had success. LB's and DE's HAVE to maintain their gaps so he can't get loose. DB's have to track the ball and be aware of not making contack too soon with WR's to give them a PI. Carroll is like Bilecheat, they get 3rd and long and make a long pass play hoping for the completion or a PI call. Hags got several PI calls last night keeping drives alive.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
PIT OF MISERY! DILLY DILLY!!!

Sad%20Seahawks%20fan_0.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Beating Seattle is all about containing Wilson. Fisher and Williams knew that and had success. LB's and DE's HAVE to maintain their gaps so he can't get loose. DB's have to track the ball and be aware of not making contack too soon with WR's to give them a PI. Carroll is like Bilecheat, they get 3rd and long and make a long pass play hoping for the completion or a PI call. Hags got several PI calls last night keeping drives alive.

You hit the nail on the head there, they get 1st downs through Wilson or penalties - I am hoping that Wilson will be burnt out by the time we play them - the guy is a mercurial talent.

250+ Yards through the air AND 80+ on the ground - dude is dangerous. we must focus on him, surely bones can give some insight into how Fisher and Williams did it??

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sea....vs
SF
Eagles
Jags

Rams....vs
Saints
Cardinals
Eagles

Hmmmmm
This^ and then we meet-up with the Hag's again! Hag's will go 1-2 over these^ next 3 games / Rams Need to go, at least, 2-1!!!:fuelfire::boxing::lifting:

Then we go into SHE-ATTLE, wipe-them-out, and Kill any Playoff Hopes they have!!:yess::party:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That game in Seattle could be the division. Tough order for a young Rams team. That dropped td against them in LA might be one of the biggest plays of the year for us, sadly.

Hate to say it but I expect to be 1/2 game behind them after this Sunday.

We cannot be behind them by 1 or 2 games after this one game coming up Sunday since we're up a game on them now. We would have to lose the next 3 games and them win the next 3 in order to be 2 games behind them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We cannot be behind them by 1 or 2 games after this one game coming up Sunday since we're up a game on them now. We would have to lose the next 3 games and them win the next 3 in order to be 2 games behind them.
Yup.
Both teams control their own destiny. If either one wins out, they win division

Ants

Starter
Respectfully, this is the thinking I reject. That somehow beating one of these teams would be "stealing" a game. We belong. We could win any or all of these games. I think we take 2 of those 3.

Indeed. I also reject all the talk about the Falcons losing or Detroit folding or whatever. I want the Rams TO WIN, and look good doing it. It's about the Rams getting better and not worrying about the other teams.
Don't get me wrong - it would be a treat to see the Rams in the playoffs, regardless of how.
But I'm trying to focus on the Rams getting better rather than other teams getting worse. :yess:

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
Sorry - misspoke on the 1/2 game comment. Just meant we would be tied if we lose to Saints and Seattle beats 49ers, but they would have the tie breaker.

I like the optimism some of you show - I'm not trying to be negative, just too many disappointing seasons, I guess.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000881024/article/pete-carroll-on-fake-fg-good-call-if-we-made-it

Pete Carroll on fake FG: 'Good call if we made it'
Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer

The Seattle Seahawks could have used three points in a wild 34-31 loss to the Atlanta Falcons after Blair Walsh's kick died just short on a 52-yard attempt to tie the game in regulation.

Coming up short put a spotlight on a head-scratching fake field goal attempt at the end of the first half by Pete Carroll's bunch.

With seven seconds to go in the half, trailing 24-17, Walsh lined up for a 35-yard try. After the snap, holder Jon Ryan flipped a shovel pass to tight end Luke Willson, who was gobbled up by Falcons penetrating defensive tackle Grady Jarrett. Seattle earned no points on the drive. They eventually lost by three.

After the game, Carroll defended going for a home-run play.

"That would have been a really good call if we made it," Carroll said. "We saw what we wanted to do. Terrific opportunity, right where we wanted it. Defensive tackle made the better play ... he wasn't supposed to be there."

It's easy to disparage a call after it doesn't work, but the high risk for low chance of reward on this play leaves Carroll open to critique. With just seven seconds remaining, Willson -- not the fleetest of foot -- would have had to beat every Falcons defender to the end zone or at least the sideline.

Carroll was asked after the game if he expected to score on the play from so far out with so little time left in the half.

"We had a chance to. [Or] run out of bounds and stop the clock," Carroll said. "We knew exactly what was going on. We figured we were going to break it. It was a matter of giving ourselves another shot -- if you don't score, keep it, if not, get out of bounds. We knew exactly what was up."

After watching the replay about 670 times, Willson does have blockers out in front walling Falconsdefenders. Could he have made it to the end zone before one of them chased him out? Debatable. Jarrett's fantastic play blew any chance of seeing if the tight end could lumber for a TD or get out of bounds to simply set up a short field goal attempt. The risk didn't seem worth it at the time and looks worse after the loss.

"It was a chance to make a big play. We had a chance to make a touchdown or get out of bounds," Carroll said. "If that pops, he may walk in. We were prepared, we worked on it, saw something we liked. We didn't expect the nose tackle to make the play. We thought we'd get him knocked off, we didn't. It didn't work out. But I was being aggressive and going for it, trying to get a touchdown there."

In a three-point loss the decision to eschew kicking a relative chip-shot turned out huge. But Carroll has never shied away from going for the grand slam when a single might do. You don't get the nickname "Big Balls Pete" for nothing. Shooters shoot. With his secondary decimated and showing no signs of slowing down Matt Ryan, Carroll took his shot.

He missed.

Now the Seahawks must scratch and claw their way back into the playoff picture after their second straight three-point home loss.

What a complete dumbass.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw a comment calling the Falcons almost becoming the "Fail Clowns". I couldn't believe what I was seeing. How do teams like the Falcons consistently panic and let the wheels fly off the bus? Coaching, I guess. So glad Walsh screwed the pooch. See you guys at the game in L.A. Sunday! Go Rams!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
tonight has helped the healing!
It helped me as well... you can look back on a season and come up with hundreds of ups and downs and "ifs" and "buts"... but, at the end of the day, a series of things have to come into place for a team to make the playoffs.

Looking back on some team's seasons over the years (1999 Rams, for example), it's almost like a Manifest Destiny. Thus far, the Rams have had many things go their way... injuries to opponents key players... and now, lose Sunday but SEA loses Monday... most likely because Pete Carroll made a horrendous play call.

Maybe it's just the Rams year!

"That would have been a really good call if we made it"
Yeah, Carroll... and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
Idiot!

socalrams90

Starter
It helped me as well... you can look back on a season and come up with hundreds of ups and downs and "ifs" and "buts"... but, at the end of the day, a series of things have to come into place for a team to make the playoffs.

Looking back on some team's seasons over the years (1999 Rams, for example), it's almost like a Manifest Destiny. Thus far, the Rams have had many things go their way... injuries to opponents key players... and now, lose Sunday but SEA loses Monday... most likely because Pete Carroll made a horrendous play call.

Maybe it's just the Rams year!

Idiot!
Yes overall we've had way more things go our way then hurt us. At the end of the day we are 7-3 going in to the final 6 games. If we lose this week and the other results go as planned their might be a lot of panic on this board but we play AZ the week after and those teams have tough match ups so we shouldn't over react just yet. We would've taken 8-4 with 4 games left including a head to head vs seattle in a heartbeat to start the season.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Exactly. Also, any play that requires Seattle's oline to actually block someone is a poor plan. The second part of that quote is "Defensivetackle made the better play ... he wasn't supposed to be there", that accurately sums up Seattle's oline.