Seahawks Bennett; "Pay me or get rid of me"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...nt-think-im-valuable-then-just-get-rid-of-me/

It's nearly August, which means it's our chance to get reacquainted with a familiar topic at this part of the offseason. Michael Bennett, the Seahawks' star defensive lineman, isn't happy with his contract.

Speaking with The Huffington Post, Bennett didn't exactly lend any new insight into contract negotiations. He did, however, publicly give the Seahawks another option if they don't want to fairly compensate him for his services.

Either sign him long-term or cut him free.

"It is never-ending," Bennett told The Huffington Post. "Especially when people are getting new contracts every day. You sit there and you're like, 'Damn, really?' I'm just to the point where it's kind of like, if you don't think I'm valuable, then just get rid of me."

As Bennett noted, other players have been signing extensions. At the end of last month, the Seahawks -- a team that often shies away from negotiating new deals with its players -- rewarded receiver Doug Baldwin with a four-year contract worth $24,250,000 in guarantees. Baldwin's new deal came roughly a year after safety Kam Chancellor's contract holdout stretched into the regular season before he eventually gave up and returned to Seattle without new money.

If anyone deserves a new deal -- not that Baldwin didn't -- it's Bennett. He's among the most versatile defensive linemen in the league, capable of slotting in on the inside and the outside. In 2015, Bennett notched a career-high 10 sacks. As CBS Sports' Jared Dubin wrote recently, "only one player has more pressures over the last four seasons than Bennett."

That player's name? J.J. Watt, arguably the top player in the entire league.

Bennett is scheduled to earn $7 million this season. Watt will earn $14.5 million. No one is saying Bennett is Watt, but no one should believe Bennett deserves to bring in less than half of Watt's yearly salary. According to The Huffington Post, Bennett hasn't ruled out holding out of Seahawks training camp later this month.

"I just want to be fairly compensated with the top guys in the league," Bennett said. "I'm definitely one of the top five defensive ends."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Does this guy ever stop crying? His agent should have advised him to take a 2year deal if he's so obsessed about being a top earner. He wanted security and took the 4 year deal. Now that he didn't get injured he wants the higher contract as well. Fuck off dickwad. Make him holdout seagulls.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Does this guy ever stop crying? His agent should have advised him to take a 2year deal if he's so obsessed about being a top earner. He wanted security and took the 4 year deal. Now that he didn't get injured he wants the higher contract as well. freak off dickwad. Make him holdout seagulls.

Yeah, he wants it both ways. Someone needs to tell him that's not how it works.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For somebody who's so incredibly average he sure does piss and moan about the contract he signed a lot.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/28/michael-bennett-unimpressed-by-todd-gurley/

Michael Bennett unimpressed by Todd Gurley

Posted by Josh Alper on December 28, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
502652228-e1451315521542.jpg

Getty Images
Rams running back Todd Gurleywasn’t able to reach 100 yards on the ground Sunday, which allowed the Seahawks to run their streak of not allowing a back to run for that many yards to 21 games.

Failing to reach that number didn’t mean Gurley didn’t make an impact, however. Gurley ran 19 times for 85 yards and scored a fourth quarter touchdown that ultimately left the Seahawks with too much ground to make up in what wound up as a 23-17 Rams victory. He also had some good luck as a fumble before that touchdown was recovered by the Rams.

Those 85 yards leave Gurley as the league’s third-leading rusher, a pretty good spot for a rookie who missed the first two games of the season and played sparingly in the third. That makes Gurley a strong contender for offensive rookie of the year honors, but it doesn’t do anything to impress Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett.

“He’s average to me, personally,” Bennett said, :blah:via the Tacoma News-Tribune. “He got a couple of big runs on miscommunication and misalignment, but I mean, I’ve seen better running backs in the NFL. It wasn’t Marshall Faulk to me, or Marshawn Lynch.”

Faulk’s ability as a receiver give him an edge on most backs, but Gurley’s rookie year actually matches up well to what Lynch did for the Bills in 2007 despite Lynch, who played 13 games that year, getting 50 more carries. It’s just one year, of course, but it’s been a better than average one and there’s plenty of reason that things will be even better in 2016 and beyond for the Rams back.

Maybe if he holds out he will get to watch Gurley at home on his big screen running wild at the Coliseum on September 18th

Sep 18th 2016
Sun 1:05 PM

Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams
Los Angeles Memorial ColiseumLos Angeles, CA

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/28/michael-bennett-unimpressed-by-todd-gurley/

Michael Bennett unimpressed by Todd Gurley

Posted by Josh Alper on December 28, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
502652228-e1451315521542.jpg

Getty Images
Rams running back Todd Gurleywasn’t able to reach 100 yards on the ground Sunday, which allowed the Seahawks to run their streak of not allowing a back to run for that many yards to 21 games.

Failing to reach that number didn’t mean Gurley didn’t make an impact, however. Gurley ran 19 times for 85 yards and scored a fourth quarter touchdown that ultimately left the Seahawks with too much ground to make up in what wound up as a 23-17 Rams victory. He also had some good luck as a fumble before that touchdown was recovered by the Rams.

Those 85 yards leave Gurley as the league’s third-leading rusher, a pretty good spot for a rookie who missed the first two games of the season and played sparingly in the third. That makes Gurley a strong contender for offensive rookie of the year honors, but it doesn’t do anything to impress Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett.

“He’s average to me, personally,” Bennett said, :blah:via the Tacoma News-Tribune. “He got a couple of big runs on miscommunication and misalignment, but I mean, I’ve seen better running backs in the NFL. It wasn’t Marshall Faulk to me, or Marshawn Lynch.”

Faulk’s ability as a receiver give him an edge on most backs, but Gurley’s rookie year actually matches up well to what Lynch did for the Bills in 2007 despite Lynch, who played 13 games that year, getting 50 more carries. It’s just one year, of course, but it’s been a better than average one and there’s plenty of reason that things will be even better in 2016 and beyond for the Rams back.

Maybe if he holds out he will get to watch Gurley at home on his big screen running wild at the Coliseum on September 18th

Sep 18th 2016
Sun 1:05 PM

Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams
Los Angeles Memorial ColiseumLos Angeles, CA

:fuelfire:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Gurley will quietly stomp a mud hole in his ass twice this year:dizzy:and then just move on to the next game. Bennett is a tool and I really hope the seachickens will not budge and give him more money. IMO, he is good but not worthy of the dollars he's talking about.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wonder if Gurley was impressed with Bennett. I kind of doubt it.
I can't wait to see how impressed the 'Hag's are, with Gurrrley, in our season opener at Home this year!! And How un-impressed we'll be with Bennett. IF he show's up!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The only player in the league that's a bigger bitch then this guy is his brother. I can't wait to crush those fuckers again this year.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This will be a year of decline for the Seahawks. They will finish around .500 and there will be much weeping, and gnashing of teeth.

All the Bennett, Chancellor bad blood has polluted that team. They will still be good. But it will take its toll.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Bennett just needed some way to vent after getting beat for the second consecutive time by the Rams so he tried to downplay Todd Gurley. He might as well be a whiner.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
This will be a year of decline for the Seahawks. They will finish around .500 and there will be much weeping, and gnashing of teeth.

All the Bennett, Chancellor bad blood has polluted that team. They will still be good. But it will take its toll.

They don't have Lynch anymore and that may take its toll. Without trying to make a pun, Marshawn was the linchpin to that team and I'm interested to see how they manage without him.

As for Bennett, he's talented but whines way too much and talks a lot of shit. I want Gurley to absolutely curbstomp that defense this year.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Forgot about that quote from Bennet trashing Gurley. You know Gurley will be fired up about that. Seahawks better be ready.