Seahawks 29 / 49'ers 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What do we make of this game?

I watched the first half, but missed the second.

The stat sheet looks pretty ugly for Kaeperdick; 13/28 for 127yds, 3 INT. He did not compete a pass over 15 yards the entire game.

Russell Wilson was marginally better; 8/19 for 142yds, 1 TD, 1 INT.

Frank Gore averaged 1.8ypc.

Lynch seems to be getting the headlines, but even he averaged a paltry 3.5ypc.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
[HiLite]CGI_Ram said:
What do we make of this game?[/HiLite]

The stat sheet looks pretty ugly for Kaeperdick; 13/28 for 127yds, 3 INT. He did not compete a pass over 15 yards the entire game.

The Rams better come out prepared to play 60 minutes.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
What I take away from that is that both those Ds can do that to a players QBR. I hope everyone will remember that if Sam gets a low QBR rating when we play them. Sometimes it's not your O, it's the opposing D that sets the tone of the game.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:

What we are to make of it CG is this,if every stadium in the league were allowed to artificially raise the noise level to match that of the crowds in Seattle, Pete Carrol would be the first to complain.
It's not football.
Don't get me wrong,I am all for enthusiasm from a home crowd,but like most good things ,idiots can over do it and ruin the whole thing for everyone.
I actually turned the game off last night because if I kept the sound up loud enough to hear the announcers,the crowd noise was a distraction and so constant I couldn't enjoy watching the game,that could be the only episode of Boardwalk Empire I see in it's first showing all year.
Some laud the Seattle fans for it ,the stadium was built to make the noise as intense as possible .
BTW I also wrote an e-mail to the league complaining about it, it's something IMO that goes beyond an ordinary home field advantage,fact is with a league so concerned about cultivating an image of sensitivity toward player safety I think letting in deed encouraging this sort of thing puts the lie to their contentions in two ways.
I am completely confident that an activist OSHA inspector could come into that stadium measure the crowd noise and determine that anyone working there from the players to the concessionaires were being exposed to noise levels for which ear plugs needed to be provided.
On the second front, the encouragement of raucous behavior to that extent is IMO no small part of why fan violence toward visiting fans is such a problem. Whipping large crowds into frenzy has a long and storied history of getting out of hand ,causing mass hysteria and resulting in horrendous acts of violence.

There was a day when officials could and would stop games to calm and quiet crowds ,they would even penalize home teams if visiting teams were forced to delay games repeatedly after the officials asked for quiet.
I just went to the US Open the largest single sporting event other than the Olympics in the world, you aren't allowed out of your seat during points if you are in the players field of vision because the USTA is committed to the integrity of the competition.
I mentioned the size of the event because I wanted to make the point that attendance is not seemingly an issue because the governing body for the sport demands civility from the fans.
Back to the what use to be vs. the now,I'm not a lawyer but it would seem to me that since the old rule existed and no longer does a case could be made that the league wants this and so if someone chose to claim damages as a result of their implicit encouragement ,the league would be caught with their pants around their ankles trying to defend themselves against a claim.

I watched the fans of the Minnesota Twins blow whistles, the stadium turn their AC fans on which blew in from center field when the Cardinals were batting and literally rob the St.Louis Cardinals of a World Series Championship opportunity. Now I'm watching the Seattle Seahawks enjoy an artificial advantage that endangers fans and players ,I think it's time for the league to set this right or quit pretending they care about fans, players, soda vendors ,anyone or thing except the generation of profit regardless who gets hurt.

X, PLEASE consider forwarding this post to Kevin Demoff for his next Q&A and ask him this question, Why does the rules committee,which our coach sits on allow this obscene miscarriage of competitive justice continue if NOT for the generation of profit regardless the dangers and costs ?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
CGI_Ram said:

Could say we saw two of the three Titans go at it with each other (Denver being the other) Not really sure CGI?? I watched the Seahawks vs the Panthers & they sure looked like a middle of the road team. Then they go home in the wet damp NW & take on the 9ers ...What I endured all night long in that game that lasted forever....the Seattle OL is ruthless & nasty bunch with taking knees out. The DL is as tough as I have seen in years and the secondary makes the Rams secondary look like peewee league material. These seabirds are missing a major chucks of their speed rushers & still they were putting pressure on the 9ers the entire night. I would say it put the NFL on notice that the 9ers presently have been knocked down in the NFC. I have no ideal how this current 2013 Ram team can beat what I saw from the Seahawks performance last night. The Seahawks are still ascending IMO.

The 9ers are a different story looks to me their pass defense has issues like ours 9ers defense is built to primarily stop the run & kill stand in the pocket passers like Sam Bradford. The offense goes as their QB goes but when they get their two top WR's back watch out. Age may have caught up with Gore but Hunter is ready. They have a good TE cadre & the OL is still outstanding. 9ers play much better on grass & in the sun. 9ers may be trending in a very slight downward tilt.

Rams have their work cut out for them if they want to break even with these two teams. But I have a negative take on the Rams at the moment early in the season. I feel that the Rams are very lucky to be @ 1-1 after two games.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The meteor never dropped.

Very disappointing.

I did enjoy watching pete cry about a whistle sound from the stands causing his team to allow Pro-Bowler Dahl to block the kick. Watching him cry about noise was very satisfying. I just laughed again while typing this.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I watched a portion of this and my take away is the bitches from the NW have the best D in the NFL.
I'm not as sold on the offense but so far this year they've given up 10 points. We've given up 55.
They are giving up 5 points per game, we're giving up 27.

It's clear that our D has to step up big time for us to get better. Not saying our offense doesn't have it's issues. But we're scoring 25 per game. We need to clean some things up but that's good enough to win.

But giving up 27 per game isn't..That's 25th out of 32.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
BonifayRam said:
CGI_Ram said:

Could say we saw two of the three Titans go at it with each other (Denver being the other) Not really sure CGI?? I watched the Seahawks vs the Panthers & they sure looked like a middle of the road team. Then they go home in the wet damp NW & take on the 9ers ...What I endured all night long in that game that lasted forever....the Seattle OL is ruthless & nasty bunch with taking knees out. The DL is as tough as I have seen in years and the secondary makes the Rams secondary look like peewee league material. These seabirds are missing a major chucks of their speed rushers & still they were putting pressure on the 9ers the entire night. I would say it put the NFL on notice that the 9ers presently have been knocked down in the NFC. I have no ideal how this current 2013 Ram team can beat what I saw from the Seahawks performance last night. The Seahawks are still ascending IMO.

The 9ers are a different story looks to me their pass defense has issues like ours 9ers defense is built to primarily stop the run & kill stand in the pocket passers like Sam Bradford. The offense goes as their QB goes but when they get their two top WR's back watch out. Age may have caught up with Gore but Hunter is ready. They have a good TE cadre & the OL is still outstanding. 9ers play much better on grass & in the sun. 9ers may be trending in a very slight downward tilt.

Rams have their work cut out for them if they want to break even with these two teams. But I have a negative take on the Rams at the moment early in the season. I feel that the Rams are very lucky to be @ 1-1 after two games.
Really, you DON'T think our starting field position during the first half was made doubly bad by being in THAT DOME? Or even that THE GA DOME crowd noise didn't help the officials call some penalties on us they don't call in our place?

JMO the Falcons are the fortunate team they didn't play us in our house,I think talent wise we should be 2-0 and that to some degree our youthful propensity for mistakes , other teams home field advantage,or injuries is all that will keep us from certain double digit wins.

Atlanta NEEDED that huge lead once we settled in,once our superior physical talent started to assert itself.
Fisher has built a very athletic team ,or should I say he rebuilt a plow horse team into a thoroughbred that just needs to break from the gate a little better?

FWIW Dallas has one of the worst home field advantages in the league,I've heard Gil Brandt complain about their "champagne crowd " more than once.
They play a cover two , Kiffen coached ,I'm glad they are 1-1 not 0-2 ,they lost a close game yesterday at Arrowhead, I think their rushing defense is suspect,if we can run effectively on them we could blow them out

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
CGI_Ram said:

Yes interesting.

And its also interesting that the only division QB that tends to play well against either of these two defenses is Sam Bradford.

fearsomefour

Legend
What I took from watching this game is that Seattle really does have the best D in the league.

They can shut down Kap because they can run man to man coverage with his receivers and have (usually) enough speed to keep him in check running. Most teams run a zone to keep his running in check, but, this allows for easier completions (see GB game) as Davis, Bolden ect. can just settle into open space in the zone. The way to beat SF is to run a real, legit, tight man to man coverage. Most teams dont have the secondary to do this or enough speed in the front line/LB positions to keep Kap in check. Do the Rams? Speed up front? probably....secondary, doubtful.

I have no idea how the Rams would attack that Seattle D. Obviously the best way to do it is pounding the ball to draw up the secondary and try to make some plays downfield. The Rams havent been able to run vs. defenses not nearly as good as Seattle.

SF is sort of maddening. If you get good coverage Kap will run. If you contain him (usually by running a zone) there will be open receivers and at 6' 5" he will have no issue finding them. He presents serious match up problems.

Good game, glad the whiners lost.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
both of these teams are beatable, both home and away.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Stranger said:
both of these teams are beatable, both home and away.

Yup. Just make the QB carry the team. Shut down the run game, put a few points on the board and make their QB take over. They will beat themselves.