Scouting the Buffalo Bills

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
*** Offense ***
Scoring: 21.8 ppg (15th)
Passing: 138 ypg (31st), 8 sacks allowed (T-12th)
Rushing: 4.6 ypc (5th), 4 fumbles (28th)

*** Defense ***
Scoring: 17.0 ppg (6th)
Passing: 260.5 ypg (17th), 13 sacks (3rd)
Rushing: 3.6 ypc (T-8th), 5 forced fumbles (T-1st)

The Bills just beat the Patriots with a few 10+ play drives in the early going. Since changing OC from a guy I think is very good in Greg Roman they are 2-0, and are dealing short passes with high efficiency particularly this past weekend. Their QB has high mobility and ability to make big plays with his legs and sustain drives. He is no Russell Wilson throwing it, meaning he is not as accurate, but after having a completion percentage in the 50s against Arizona he was 63.5 against the Patriots' defense which is very respectable.

Their offense runs through McCoy and the dude is straight on fire. He's willing their run game to success right now, and they have a very solid OL in front of him. Right now Williams is crapping his pants over that run game, I'll tell you that with 100% certainty. We all know what McCoy tends to do against our defense...

Defensively they're outstanding this year in keeping teams out of the endzone. Similar to our defense but better. And I credit Rex a lot here because if you look at the pieces up front he's got them playing over their heads, really maximizing what he has. They're gonna put good pressure on Keenum and they're gonna be very hard to run against. Also of note is they run a 3-4 which we haven't done too well against.

Prognosis is that this game will be similar to the Seattle matchup. Statistically the Bills are a better version of the Rams but when I look at their matchups thus far I think the Rams had a tougher schedule so I'd say these are two very similar teams. Bottom line is the Rams have to stop the run. That is the game IMO. If they stop they run and on offense take good care of the ball I like their chances.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Keep Taylor in the pocket, that is key, if he gets outside the pocket, he can kill you with his legs and arm, players likes Sims have to be better disciplined. Offensively new OC Anthony Lynn is mixing it up more and Shady McCoy is rounding back into his Eagle form and is very dangerous, he can run and catch the ball too.

Defensively they have a very good secondary, however, they still struggle to get a pass rush and you have to be patient and take your shots. Tough game and Bills will be flying high after shutting out the Patriots regardless of who was quarterbacking them.

Gaines made the defense better this week my hope is with Spruce and maybe Cooper coming back the offense will have more weapons and maybe if they throw to Gurley more, which could open up the running game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's going to be a Tough, hard fought game! BUT!! I'm just not as worried about it as I was going into the Cards Game! The Cards where desperate, the Bill's are not, we'll see!!

Q729

Legend
The question is who is more susceptible for a letdown? Sounds like Rex was coming off a Super Bowl win finally beating the cheatriots in their building. Compare that too our hard-fought win in our own nemesis' house... Another long week of waiting!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
We can't let this be a trap game for us. It has that written all over it and we need to prove our reputation and all the haters wrong. Not saying the Bills are a bad team, but I think we're better overall, especially with the home field advantage.

We can't let this be a trap game for us. It has that written all over it and we need to prove our reputation and all the haters wrong. Not saying the Bills are a bad team, but I think we're better overall, especially with the home field advantage.

A trap game? You consider them a trap? The Rams are favored by a point at home. Which mean if in Buffalo, we'd be favored by 5.

Its two evenly matched teams, that odd's makers say that we are a bit better. However, it is played there and will neutralize the difference in talent.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm afraid that we will lose this game 3 to nothing. It will be a miracle for the rams to score more than a field goal if they don't get the run game going.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
A trap game? You consider them a trap? The Rams are favored by a point at home. Which mean if in Buffalo, we'd be favored by 5.

Its two evenly matched teams, that odd's makers say that we are a bit better. However, it is played there and will neutralize the difference in talent.

Easy there bud. I said nothing about the Bills being bad. I was getting more at the point that the Rams can't buy into themselves and think this will be an easy game at home because it won't be. Knowing the Rams of the past, they do something great and then come out and look flat. Whether it's coaching, being too full of themselves, or whatever it might be, they can't do it against the Bills if they want to have a chance of winning.

So to answer your question, yes I consider it a trap game, but not because I think the Bills are a bad team like you seem to be getting at.

Now go on back to your Bills forum and tell them how we're calling your team a bad team because you have misconstrued what I've said lol.