scotch question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Hey TK, any Aussie/Tasmanian whisky you can recommend? I have a bottle of Starward Twofold (aged in Aussie red wine casks). It’s not bad, but then again I really don’t like any wine barrel aged whiskeys, so that’s on me.

Any ones you like?

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Hey TK, any Aussie/Tasmanian whisky you can recommend? I have a bottle of Starward Twofold (aged in Aussie red wine casks). It’s not bad, but then again I really don’t like any wine barrel aged whiskeys, so that’s on me.

Any ones you like?

Not really IE … when I have a scotch I go for single malt from Scotland.

I have had a Hobart whiskey and a Lark , and they were fine but I didn’t buy a bottle.

This is a good article RE Tassie distilleries…

https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/drinks/best-tasmanian-whiskies-distilleries

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
1655229355035.png

Happy national Bourbon Day everyone.

Some Redwood Empire, then Wild Turkey, Maker's, and/or Four Roses for me tonight.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Picked up a bottle of this finally trying it tonight. Not a bad little bourbon.

10678718464030.png

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Picked up a bottle of this finally trying it tonight. Not a bad little bourbon.

10678718464030.png
If we're on the topic of bourbons, stay away from Giant. Not even aged and tasted like singed horse hair and sugar.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I guess we're doing bourbons too here so...

My boss gave me a bottle of this. Pretty smooth.
Blantons_Original_Single_Barrel_Bourbon_4b16d394-ed3a-4f25-8790-0ac4a10e2e43_1080x.png

rdw

Pro Bowler
I guess we're doing bourbons too here so...

My boss gave me a bottle of this. Pretty smooth.
View attachment 58136
Nice! I picked up a bottle myself a few months back... was in the right place at the right time to buy it at MSRP.

Haven't opened it yet, but it's a tasty bourbon.

Last night for New Years I had a couple drams of Balvenie 12 Double Wood.

Balvenie 12 Yr Double Wood 750ml

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Blantons is one of the absolute best for sure.

So Scotch fellas how is Dalmore 12 year to try out? Never been much of a Scotch guy but have an itch to give one a go.

I have never had a Dalmore , has been on my list to try. So well worth a try I would say. I have always baulked at buying it because of the price … never seems to be below $130 Aussie dollars down here.

Believe it is a favourite of @ScotsRam .

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Blantons is one of the absolute best for sure.

So Scotch fellas how is Dalmore 12 year to try out? Never been much of a Scotch guy but have an itch to give one a go.
It has hardly any peat flavor and it’s a good transition for those who like bourbon and are curious to try Scotch. Notes of citrus and melon as well.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I have never had a Dalmore , has been on my list to try. So well worth a try I would say. I have always baulked at buying it because of the price … never seems to be below $130 Aussie dollars down here.

Believe it is a favourite of @ScotsRam .

Closest distillery to my house where I grew up - 10 miles or so up the road. As my tastes have matured I enjoy it less than I used to, but its still a really nice dram. If you don't care for peat/smoke it's as good as it gets.