Scheme Focus, but Talent Matters most

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I must be wrong, the Rams will win!
Yes, I assume we stop the rush--that doesn't guarentee victor, but it has us knockin' on Brady's collapsable door
The Rams stand very little chance of winning; yes, their talent is better. But the Brady at week 8-9, who was a B- QB, is now an A+ again. IF Rams CBs have to play lights out, while we have a consisent pass rush---which I dont count on, then we have a good chance. We can count on the offense being smart---but Bellyboy has outsmarted almost every coach. If our corners play A+ and we get to Brady, we have a chance.

Can Roby C handle Edelman? IF he can, wow...but, I doubt it; who has? Can Talib handle Gronk? Yes. Will he? Maybe.

Goff, who will go to the HOF, is a long way away from playing at an A- level by himself. In the 4th quarter and OT he weas great; he will need that for 5 quarters on Sunday. DOn't see it against this smart D. I predicted a punt block in the playoffs--hasn't happened...we need something on the special teams!

If Rams win, McVay will kinged...and knighted. Somehow, I don't care so much if Rams lose....let's see what happens when I wake up MOnday, lol. Maybe I have grown up :)

I get where you're coming from. Its a defense mechanism we Rams fans have developed over years of futility. If you expect something bad to happen, it doesn't sting as much when it happens.

I used to be like that. But there is something about this team that has raised my optimism level. I feel really good about tomorrow. I'm not usually like that. I'm more of a dread, gloom and doom if things don't start out good. This time I'm more optimistic even if we fall behind early. I really like our chances.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Someone has hacked SBs account My guess is it’s his 12 year old son, who literally peed his pants laughing when he posted that... This one is hard to call, but look past the Brady love fest and you can see the Rams are the better team, have been all season and will be well prepared to start well and adjust as the game moves on. If we execute on both sides of the ball, and play great on special teams, we should win out

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I get where you're coming from. Its a defense
In part, it may be.
However, if Bellyboy wasn't the coach, I would pick Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rams have more talent, and special talent. However, coaching, intelligence and experience counts for more when you have a situation like the Celtics (1965-1988) or Patriots.

Rams have gotten calls all year long; I am interested to see if it continues. I am not a "fan" when it comes to "picking"....I am a 'fan' when I actually watch the game...BIG difference.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Rams win, Goff wins MVP and Gurley has a big game. Brady is under constant pressure and decides to call it quits after this game. Just my little prediction for this game.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get where you're coming from. Its a defense mechanism we Rams fans have developed over years of futility. If you expect something bad to happen, it doesn't sting as much when it happens.

I used to be like that. But there is something about this team that has raised my optimism level. I feel really good about tomorrow. I'm not usually like that. I'm more of a dread, gloom and doom if things don't start out good. This time I'm more optimistic even if we fall behind early. I really like our chances.

Interestingly enough, over the years my manner of anticipating and watching Ram games has changed. As a young fan, I expected wins no matter what the realities were. I’d suffered the losses but that wouldn’t change my expectations game to game and year after year.

Like my OP, I tend to support my beliefs as a fan with as much logic as I can muster. But during the NFC Championship game, I truly expected the Rams to lose right to the very end. At times I didn’t even think they deserved to win.

In short, I enjoy my pre-game optimism but during the contest, I become hyper-critical and expect near perfection like I did forty years ago. As a fan, there is no protection for loss and disappointment. If the Rams lose, this board won’t hear from me for weeks.

Fortunately, that won’t be a problem.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
In short, I enjoy my pre-game optimism but during the contest, I become hyper-critical and expect near perfection like I did forty years ago. As a fan, there is no protection for loss and disappointment.

I'm kinda like that. I'm usually more optimistic in the days leading up to a game. But when it starts I become critical of the plays that don't work. My wife keep telling me I'm jinxing them by being so negative. I guess its part of my defense mechanism in case we lose. Doesn't sting so much if I convince myself it wasn't unexpected.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The Rams stand very little chance of winning; yes, their talent is better. But the Brady at week 8-9, who was a B- QB, is now an A+ again. IF Rams CBs have to play lights out, while we have a consisent pass rush---which I dont count on, then we have a good chance. We can count on the offense being smart---but Bellyboy has outsmarted almost every coach. If our corners play A+ and we get to Brady, we have a chance.

Can Roby C handle Edelman? IF he can, wow...but, I doubt it; who has? Can Talib handle Gronk? Yes. Will he? Maybe.

Goff, who will go to the HOF, is a long way away from playing at an A- level by himself. In the 4th quarter and OT he weas great; he will need that for 5 quarters on Sunday. DOn't see it against this smart D. I predicted a punt block in the playoffs--hasn't happened...we need something on the special teams!

If Rams win, McVay will kinged...and knighted. Somehow, I don't care so much if Rams lose....let's see what happens when I wake up MOnday, lol. Maybe I have grown up :)

I’m confident the Rams WILL win.
No guarantees, but confident.
I guess you could say I am cautiously optimistic.