Saw Ram-Titan SuperBowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Having watched it 5+ times in the last 10 years I wanted to 'view' it as a fan....and see what
reallyhappened...so, I didn't fast forward throught the commentary...and really 'absorbed' the game.

When I was at the game, it seemed the Rams had little chance at the 2 minute mark. The Titans
were dominating the last quarter, and the Rams were going nowhere...and then Warner to Bruce!

The Titans could have won if:
*The Titans were missing both starting safeties (one hurt in 3rd qtr), and there were many communication
issues with them missing. THis was very apparent. So, if both safeties played, it is a different game, I belive. The next year they beat the ravens for fewest yards given up per game. (but 2nd in points)
*McNair was not a good pocket passer at all. Boomer commented on this several times during the game. And, His best WR was hurt in the AFC champ game
Therefore the Rams took advantage of a very mediocre offense for 2 1/2 quarters. IF any avg
QB played, they put up 6-10 points in the first half.

*Blocked and missed FG by Del Greco (Rams missed two short ones too)...they wouldn't have needed
a TD to tie, but a FG to win. THe TE (Jackie Harris) missed the assignment and let T lyght un blocked.
*The Titans had a holding penalty on the final kickoff..Costing them about 25 yards..making them march 88 yards if they wanted to score.

Ram comments:
*The Ram run D was playing tough as they could, but they were wearing down big time in the 4th.
Kevin carter, who was awesome that year, was just ok. Surprised they didn't pinch him down
in the last 1 1/2 quarters. I was surprised how much 'toughness' was in that D. They fought that
whole game. Nate Hobgoodchittic was in there, even..that is how tired they were.
*On 4th and 1 the Rams stopped McNair, but then the fullback blasted in to McNair and drove him with
his legs for the first down....that would have been gameover....
*Jeff Fisher went for a two pointer after the first td--big mistake. Titans would have been leading 17-16--putting much pressure on Rams to get a field goal.
*Fletcher and Billy Jenkins--without them we can't win that game. Mike Jones played pretty tough too--not just 'the tackle'.
*ram corners weren't very impressive (Lyght had a great year). They were way off in coverage a lot of times, and looked bad on the 6-8 yard patterns that the Titans ran (Ram O is the same as this olden-days Titan offense....don't miss that. Jeff has the same offense: use the TE, run, use the 6-10 yard pass)
Thing is you can win with that offense...but you need a top 5 D.
*Isaac and Torry and Warner were why they won. I still dont' see marshall as the key...I must be missing something as I always do. I know he got a nice 58 yard pass reception on a blown coverage. Pace wasn't as great as I thought he would have been. Az was a wimp and dropped important balls...

I always viewed that as a 'blowout' game (we were up 16-0)--it was status quo for Fisher. Fisher was behind in all 3 playoff games he won that year. He is comfortable being down 3-7 pts heading into the 4th qtr.

Trivia: WHich Ram caught the first pass?

Overall impression: I was impressed with the Ram' D against the run--even when they were tired, Fletch and gang were bringing it hard. Week in and week out that O line couldn't stand up to the Seattle, SF and Ariz defenses of today. IT was great that year, against all the teams they played, probably except Titans.
Marshall would never make a difference if they played that game 3 times over....I know, I know he is HOFer; I don't blame him, the O line didn't get push so much, Marshall did it because people were so afraid of the passing game. The titans weren't afraid.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Trivia: WHich Ram caught the first pass?

I assume it's not one of the big names, so I'll guess; Roland Williams.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe the story of that game was the play of Warner. The punishment that man took. The Titans defense tried to kill him on every play. And he just kept getting up and leading the team.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Good analysis, but one thing that occurs to me... that one's easy to rewatch.

I taped SB36... then taped over it without ever rewatching it. I don't think I'll ever be able to rewatch it.