Saw 1st half again + Case to Jags next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
After watching only the 1st half:
THough we are below the Eagles and Saints, we are on the same 'level' of the VIkings (though a tiny notch lower), and likely equal to or above the Falcons, Panthers, Seattle, Steelers, and Lions. Regarding the Vikings game: Playing with your 1st and 5th-6th corners will always cause a loss against 2 (near) pro bowl level WRs. I would give Goff a A-/B+ for the first half....(not a coaches film grade).

We may lack some toughness, and guile, but greatness is in the foreseeable future-- the Rams have a lot of room for growth coming from QB, WRs and TEs position in the next 1-2 years. Yes, we need 1-2 edge rushers, and better corner play, but we are doing pretty well without all of that--so, when those are secured we can be a top 4-5 team every year in the NFC.

We may be below the Eagles, Saints, Chiefs and Patriots---but being a top 7-10 team in the NFL is pretty good in the first year with new coaches/schemes.

Oh, and by the way, Case Keenum probably takes the Jags to the super bowl next year...ya,baby, said it, don't hate it,LOL

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And, of course, upgrading the nose tackle is teh easiest position in the NFL to upgrade

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The CB situation really hurt us against the Vikings, but it wasn't as bad as the scoreline reflected, and people lose sight of where we were last year. Our O has taken a 180 and can now compete. It's obvious that we're lacking a bruiser at NT, and teams are exploiting that - I'm not looking forward to the Saints and their RB duo. Case has really taken the bull by the horns and cemented himself at QB for the Vikings, always thought he was a decent / good QB - he just had zero help last year with us.

It'll be interesting to see which QB hungry team makes the biggest offer for Case after this season - he's a more than capable starter in the NFL, Jacksonville is a good shout @SteveBrown, I wouldn't be surprised in seeing a pre-draft trade there.

RAMNATION

Rookie
there is a lot of support here for Cousins, now that the Jags have played themselves out of a premium pick; The locals are saying that they have a two year window to win (then the majority of the rookie contracts are up, and they have to pay that defense).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Have a feeling the Jaguars and Giants make a deal after the Giants draft a QB early, Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin are reunited in Jacksonville.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think Case Keenum would fit Jacksonville's offense very well.

I'm real happy to see that that Keenum is going to be signing a multimillion-dollar contract that he's deserved for years.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We may lack some toughness, and guile, but greatness is in the foreseeable future-- the Rams have a lot of room for growth coming from QB, WRs and TEs position in the next 1-2 years. Yes, we need 1-2 edge rushers, and better corner play, but we are doing pretty well without all of that--so, when those are secured we can be a top 4-5 team every year in the NFC.

Oh, and by the way, Case Keenum probably takes the Jags to the super bowl next year...ya,baby, said it, don't hate it,LOL

Good post, I think many of us agree.

Except for that last part. There is a chance Keenum keeps Bridgewater on the bench. He's playing better than Bridgewater has so they may keep him.

there is a lot of support here for Cousins, now that the Jags have played themselves out of a premium pick; The locals are saying that they have a two year window to win (then the majority of the rookie contracts are up, and they have to pay that defense).

If we look at teams built to win now JAX makes the list. AZ, CLE, and my dark horse INDY will probably all be bidding for him too. It's going to be a BIG contract.

Elway may take a shot at him too.

If I'm Cousins I'm looking at JAX first.

Have a feeling the Jaguars and Giants make a deal after the Giants draft a QB early, Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin are reunited in Jacksonville.

That's been tossed around and I have to say if I was a Jags fan I'd be very unhappy with that deal.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
We may be below the Eagles, Saints, Chiefs and Patriots---but being a top 7-10 team in the NFL is pretty good in the first year with new coaches/schemes.

I don't think the Rams are below the Chiefs.They are suddenly having problems everywhere. OL, defense, and now they can't even run the ball.

The other teams have an advantage of being the same system with consistent QB. The Rams are just now starting that process.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think by the time this season's over things are going to look much different than they do right now. As good as the NFC playoff field looks, it is wide open. For now, just get into the playoffs even if it's as a wildcard. Then see what happens, and from there anything goes.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
After watching only the 1st half:
THough we are below the Eagles and Saints, we are on the same 'level' of the VIkings (though a tiny notch lower), and likely equal to or above the Falcons, Panthers, Seattle, Steelers, and Lions. Regarding the Vikings game: Playing with your 1st and 5th-6th corners will always cause a loss against 2 (near) pro bowl level WRs. I would give Goff a A-/B+ for the first half....(not a coaches film grade).

Chiefs don’t look special and saints haven’t played anyone good in the last 5 or 6 weeks. I’ll wait til I see them play this Sunday to determine if they are better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not for nothin', but that was his 32nd career start.
That's two years in football nomenclature.

Coordinators in those 32 starts: Dennison, Crennel, Boras, Cignetti, Shurmur.
Head coaches in those 32 starts: Phillips, O'Brien, Fisher, Fassel, Zimmer.

Straight up - that's some ridiculousness right there. What QB can thrive under that?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I have a hard time seeing the Vikings not signing Keenum past this season. How can they trust Bridgewater coming off of that horrific injury without seeing how he performs in a game? I guarantee they don’t trust Bradford since he has only proven he can’t stay healthy...ever...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's been tossed around and I have to say if I was a Jags fan I'd be very unhappy with that deal.

I don't disagree, however, this scenario could play out, with the Jaguars drafting a QB in waiting. Manning will be 37 next year, so maybe he just stays in New York and I don't see Cousins going to Jacksonville, although it's a great situation I see Cousins signing with a larger market team, IMHO, although if they offer him the most coin, that might trump everything else.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't disagree, however, this scenario could play out, with the Jaguars drafting a QB in waiting. Manning will be 37 next year, so maybe he just stays in New York and I don't see Cousins going to Jacksonville, although it's a great situation I see Cousins signing with a larger market team, IMHO, although if they offer him the most coin, that might trump everything else.

den I don't think players give much thought to market size. Dollar size means more, then chance to win.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We can upgrade it instantly by sliding Brockers back over to a position he plays extremely well. (NT)

Brockers did not play Nose Tackle extremely well. The run defense was even worse when he played nose. Their was improvement against the run after he was moved out of the NT spot. They need a wide body with a lower center of gravity to clog the middle. Brockers is big but he is tall and being a block eater in the middle isn't his game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quite frankly, I believe that the Vikings are better off with Keenum over Bradford and Bridgewater.

Quite frankly, I believe that the Vikings would be a much better team with a healthy Bradford or Bridgewater. But that's not the option they have right now. You roll with the punches.

Case has performed better than I expected. He's raised his profile (in my eyes) from a definite backup to a Josh McCown or Ryan Fitzpatrick-level QB. He's capable of solid play in the right circumstances. In the wrong circumstances, he's a liability.

He should get paid well this off-season. I'm guessing he gets a deal with a team that either needs a bridge QB or a high-end backup in the $8 million to $10 million per year range.