Sando on 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Mike Sando
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... sz-show-32

Bernie Miklasz and I got right to the hot topics during our latest NFC West conversation Tuesday:

Jason Smith's trade, and what the St. Louis Rams got in return;

Why Sam Bradford and the Rams' first-team offense struggled at Dallas, and what to make of it;

Russell Wilson's impact in Seattle vs. expectations for rookie quarterbacks in general;

Whether Arizona or St. Louis has the greater concerns at offensive tackle.

Here is the audio
[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/08/08282012122017.mp3[/mp3]

As a footnote on that second bullet point, regarding Bradford, Rams coach Jeff Fisher had this to say when asked whether his quarterback had held onto the ball too long: "There was one instance where -- and he knew it, he knew it when it came off -- he said, 'I held it too long.' He needed to get rid of it. And then, several other instances where we got caught off-guard just on pressures in the fronts and the attacking protections and things like that. We weren't prepared for that or didn’t expect to see that in the third preseason game."

Bryan Mattison was starting for Harvey Dahl at right guard. Center Scott Wells was making his first appearance of the preseason. Rookie running backs Isaiah Pead and Daryl Richardson were shuttling in and out of the lineup. The Rams have issues, but I'm not putting much weight into that performance.

Also from Bernie: a conversation with Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk, who expands upon the dilemma facing Fisher at this stage. Faulk also mentioned Alex Smith when discussing Bradford.

One more thing: I've had another NFC West radio conversation since then. The gums just won't stop flapping. More on that one in a bit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Listening to Sando gush over the sea-bag's rookie QB was nauseating at best. Very "Brokeback Mountain".